• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Garlic Bread with Sour Dough: No Cheese or Mayo!

In summary, to make Garlic Bread with Sour Dough: No Cheese or Mayo!, you will need 1 loaf of sourdough bread, 2 cloves of garlic, 3 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of dried oregano, and salt and pepper to taste. To make the bread, preheat the oven to 375°F, cut the bread into slices, mix together minced garlic, olive oil, oregano, salt, and pepper, brush onto the bread, wrap in foil and bake for 10 minutes, then remove foil and bake for an additional 5-7 minutes. This recipe makes about 6 servings and you can use any type of bread, although sourdough is recommended for best flavor.
ChefPaulaB
I am making baked ravioli tonight for dinner and don't seem to have any garlic bread, but I do have a loaf of sour dough bread that I thought I could make into garlic bread, but I am trying to find a good recipe for it... I know, I can just brush on olive oil and sprinkle with the dipping oil seasoning, but I did that once and we weren't overly impressed with it, not a lot of flavor... any other thoughts... all of the recipes that I'm getting from Allrecipes.com have either tons of cheese or mayo in them and I really don't feel that I need to add more fat to it... TIA!

Press some garlic into olive oil or butter....your choice, then brush onto bread....toss some diced tomatoes and add Italian Seasoning.....yum

Paula, I agree with Laurie (though, I've never done the tomatoes and Italian Seasoning - sounds good). I'd add some of the Sea & Himalayan Pink Salt as well, after you take it out of the oven.

By the way, start slicing the bread (but, don't go all the way through, just a small slice on top) before adding the melted butter or olive oil. This way the flavor goes all the way through.

What ingredients do I need to make Garlic Bread with Sour Dough: No Cheese or Mayo!?

To make Garlic Bread with Sour Dough: No Cheese or Mayo!, you will need:

• 1 loaf sourdough bread
  • 2 cloves of garlic
  • 3 tablespoons of olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon of dried oregano
  • Salt and pepper to taste

How do I make Garlic Bread with Sour Dough: No Cheese or Mayo!?

1. Preheat your oven to 375°F.

2. Cut the sourdough bread into slices, without cutting all the way through.

3. In a small bowl, mix together the minced garlic, olive oil, oregano, salt, and pepper.

4. Brush the garlic mixture onto the slices of bread, making sure to get in between each slice.

5. Wrap the bread in foil and bake for 10 minutes.

6. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 5-7 minutes, until the bread is crispy and golden brown.

7. Serve and enjoy your delicious Garlic Bread with Sour Dough: No Cheese or Mayo!

Can I use a different type of bread for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of bread you prefer for this recipe. However, sourdough bread pairs well with the flavors of the garlic and oregano.

How many servings does this recipe make?

This recipe makes about 6 servings, depending on the size of your loaf of bread and how thick you cut the slices.

Can I add cheese or mayonnaise to this recipe?

Yes, you can add cheese or mayonnaise if you prefer. Simply spread a layer of cheese or mayo on top of the garlic mixture before wrapping the bread in foil and baking. Keep in mind that this will change the flavor and nutritional content of the dish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies