• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Butter Substitution for Baking: Experiences & Advice

In summary, the best butter substitutes for baking are coconut oil, applesauce, avocado, Greek yogurt, and mashed bananas. Margarine can also be used as a substitute, but be cautious of the water content. When using applesauce, use a 1:1 ratio to replace butter. Olive oil can be used, but choose a lighter or neutral flavor to avoid altering the taste of your baked goods. For a dairy-free option, consider using vegan butter, coconut oil, or a plant-based spread. Check the ingredients to ensure it meets your dietary needs.
pamperedape
Oops! I bought the butter tastin' kind for my show today. Do I need to decrease the amount of butter that I put in or no? Anyone ever do this?

I forgot to put flour in a recipe before. I think that they will taste great!! I might use a little less butter.

I accidentally bought the butter ones once and didn't change a thing! They were just as yummy as they always are! =)

Thanks guys!

Hi there! Don't worry, we've all been there before. If you accidentally bought the butter tastin' kind for your show today, no need to decrease the amount of butter you put in. The butter tastin' kind is designed to give your dishes a rich buttery flavor without actually adding more butter. So go ahead and use the same amount as you normally would. And don't worry, your guests will love the extra burst of butter flavor in their dishes. Happy cooking!

What are the best butter substitutes for baking?

The best butter substitutes for baking are coconut oil, applesauce, avocado, Greek yogurt, and mashed bananas. These alternatives are all suitable for baking and can provide similar results to using butter.

Can I use margarine instead of butter for baking?

Yes, margarine can be used as a substitute for butter in baking. However, make sure to check the ingredients as some margarine brands may contain a high amount of water, which can affect the consistency of your baked goods.

How much applesauce do I use to replace butter in a recipe?

To replace butter with applesauce in a recipe, use a 1:1 ratio. For example, if a recipe calls for 1 cup of butter, use 1 cup of applesauce instead.

Can I use olive oil instead of butter for baking?

Yes, you can use olive oil as a substitute for butter in baking. However, keep in mind that olive oil has a stronger flavor, so it may alter the taste of your baked goods. It's best to use a lighter or neutral flavored olive oil for baking.

What is the best way to substitute butter in a recipe for a dairy-free option?

If you need to make a dairy-free substitution for butter in a recipe, some options include using vegan butter, coconut oil, or a plant-based spread. Be sure to check the ingredients and choose a substitute that is suitable for your dietary needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• newchef2010
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
legacypc46
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
CookinWithLynda
  • babywings76