• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fun & Exciting Party Ideas for Pampered Chef Newbies!

In summary, brand new to PC, anxiously awaiting the arrival of my kit! I'm so excited to get started that I've already started researching and planning things to do at parties. I want the parties to be fun so I was wondering if you had any tips to share on fun things to do at parties to keep the guest alive & interested. There's nothing worse than a boring show. Fun is definitely key. I like fully interactive shows. I have the hosts, when possible to move the chairs aside. Having everyone around the table preparing recipes works well. Set up little posts with the ingredients and tools....as people gather around the table, they've selected their task. Allow people to talk as they'll end up
sunset424
I'm brand new to PC, anxiously awaiting the arrival of my kit! I'm so excited to get started that I've already started researching and planning things to do at parties. I want the parties to be fun so I was wondering if you had any tips to share on fun things to do at parties to keep the guest alive & interested, there's nothing worse than a boring show...

THANKS!!

Congrats & Welcome! Fun is definitely key. I like fully interactive shows. I have the hosts, when possible to move the chairs aside. Having everyone around the table preparing recipes works well. Set up little posts with the ingredients and tools....as people gather around the table, they've selected their task. ;)

Allow people to talk as they'll end up laughing and sell to each other. You can point out the benefits of the tools as they use them.

Some people play games and you'll find a whole bunch here. I personally do not, though I have on occassion depending on the host expectations.

Be yourself, know that mistakes will happen and just roll with it. People appreciate it and bookings will stem from that.

There are many great posts here that may give you more details and ideas....Have fun reading them.

Wishing you much success!

Thanks Laurie!!

You do have to find what works for you. If you are having fun doing the party, then it spills over to everyone else having fun.

I don't do full interactive shows, although my shows, just by my nature tend to be interactive. I talk alot with the group, and get a lot of their ideas and tips for using the products that they love. I pass around a lot of products, and if someone wants to try a product, I always let them. The key to a fun show is to connect with the guests. I do this at the very beginning of the party by greeting everyone as they come in, and writing a nametag for them. I call all the guests by name, and I make sure that I've chatted with them a bit before we start.

I don't really play games either, other than I have one that I do to keep peoples attention, and it works really well. I call it the Magic Word Game. I have a product (could be anything - I usually use a rub, but I've used other small items too) that I tell them is going to be passed around the room. Every time I say the magic word, they have to pass the product to the person next to them, and whoever has it at the end of the party gets to keep it. The word I use is "incredible", but it could be any word you choose. I like this one because it keeps their attention, and it doesn't take up any valuable demo time.

Your welcome, sunset.

And Becky is right. You will find your groove and do what works and feels natural to you. There is the full interactive, the semi-interactive and the presentation format.

I recommend that you only use our products when you're at home so that you can get familiar and build that personal use experience. When you're at your shows, you'll sincerely rave about why our things are great and be able to share what it's great for.

If you had a problem with a product, share that too and explain what you did wrong and what the solution was.

Again, Becky is 200% right...it's that connection with your guests that will boost the sales, the fun and the bookings. I too make sure I greet everyone as they come in....break the ice and get to know something about each one. Also, listen to them. Don't just try and sell them something....show them what would be helpful and useful to them personally....based on their cooking styles and issues. (I.e. Don't rave to Susie about the micro cooker if she's anti-microwave). This is a personal touch, the connection and a service you provided and they'll appreciate it and you.

I am loopy most times (thanks to meds), and always forget something. This is me....so I tell everyone that they can refer to me as loopy laurie....and then I tell them, "See, anyone can do this"...or "I'm a pampered chef, not a perfect chef"....or "PC makes it so easy, it's hard to truly mess up a recipe"...I also tease everyone and treat them like friends (nd I've made real friends at my shows)....I roll with the punches and everyone is flexible and understanding. Funny thing is, most people just assume I'm scatterbrained and have no idea I'm on some heavy duty meds. They think it's cute and funny! ha ha

I do both types of shows depending on my host!! Some just want me to do everything and then talk a bit about the product and pass a few pieces around. and others really like to get in and get busy with me!! I do a little thing w/ tickets. I buy the double roll of tickets at walmart or any other general store that may have them... and I make my own invitations!! On the invites I let them know we will be having drawings through out the entire show!! ie... if you RSVP by the date on the invite you will get one ticket, if your on-time you will get a ticket, if you bring a guest or an outside order you'll get a ticket... things like that and if we theme show it I also ask for them to bring something for the theme show like if we have a crazy sock show whomever wears the craziest socks wins a sml gift. so throughout the show if I happen to have some down time or fill like they are getting away from me we liven up by having a drawing. i have seperate little cups for each drawing and if they got a ticket then i have them get t hem out... as i'm calling the numbers out they have go say GOT IT if the # is on their ticket... so it can get really loud and exciting if I think they aren't saying GOT IT loud enough I start the ticket over!! I love it and all my customers seem to also. I give away small stuff like a sb cookbook, sml spreader, citrus peeler!! Anything FREE people love and all they have to do is show up to have a chance to win!
Just an Idea!! Good luck in the business and keep us posted on what works for you!
Good luck
Jenn

Welcome to The Pampered Chef! I wish you much success and FUN!!

One of many incredible ideas I got from Michael Reeves of North Carolina is to hand a tool (that will be used in the recipe) to each guest as they arrive. Ask them to hold onto it until it is needed in the recipe. I have done this a few times since hearing about it and I love it! I ask the guest to come up with the tool and then tell them how to use the tool. Everyone so far has enjoyed participating. It sells more and gets everyone involved. More so than just asking for a volunteer to help, I think.

BTW...ChefSuccess.com is the BEST place for tons of ideas and help for just about any issue.

jterre said:
... and I make my own invitations!! On the invites I let them know we will be having drawings through out the entire show!! ie... if you RSVP by the date on the invite you will get one ticket, if your on-time you will get a ticket, if you bring a guest or an outside order you'll get a ticket... things like that and if we theme show it I also ask for them to bring something for the theme show like if we have a crazy sock show whomever wears the craziest socks wins a sml gift.

Jenn - any chance you would post a copy of your invite for us to see? I'm thinking I would love to include similar info on my invites, but there is so little room on the postcards - I feel so limited!

Thanks!

Thanks everyone for all the great responses! I think I'm going to start out trying the fully interactive shows because I believe in try it before you buy it...I mean how many times have you seen something in a store or on TV and thought it was great only to purchase it and find out otherwise....I've done that and hate it when it happens. I'll be testing this out on my guest at my Grand Opening on April 9th so wish me luck :)

Welcome to the Pampered Chef! The neat part about this is you! Your own excitement and enthusiasm will be your biggest asset. One thing I did about 5 years ago was I stopped calling them Pampered Chef Shows. I call them Pampered Chef Parties. The main reason was not so much to let me guests know that they were in for a good time but rather to let ME know and remind me to make it fun. The whole thing is based on what you perceive it to be.

Great info and advice! I am new to PC too...not the products (still using the same stoneware and cookware and MANY other products I received at my pampered bride party 10 years ago!!), but I am a new consultant...just signed on last week. I have a couple bookings so far and am making at least 3 contacts a day to get more....i am in a new area where i don't know anyone!
I am really excited to try out some new products i got in my kit...i am making the 3 cheese garden pizza today...but i ran into a problem! my microplane adjustable grater is broken!! it wasn't broken/damaged from shipping...i went to lift the handle on it, with very little pressure and the handle completely snapped off!!! i called customer care and they are shipping a new one out but that will be 7 - 10 days...i hope i have it before my first show!! i know the host wants the pizza, while i can still grate cheese i do not want to take a broken product...any suggestions of what to do? change the recipe maybe but the pizza was a huge reason she wanted to host

Call your Director or Recruiter to see if they have one you can borrow.

jori-sc said:
i went to lift the handle on it, with very little pressure and the handle completely snapped off!!!

When you get your new one, remember that you don't just lift the handle, you have to slide it to unlock it. The way I would explain it is to grab the handle with your right hand so that your fingers curl around the handle, and your thumb is on the round part at the top where the hinge is. Use slight pressure from your thumb as leverage, and slide the entire handle toward you.

It's a bit tricky, but once you get it, the explanation makes perfect sense :D

Thanks Noora! Unfortunately I do not know anyone with PC in this area...my director is 4 1/2 hrs away...maybe she could get me the names of someone in my area though...she is suppose to be working on that so i can attend cluster meetings

You could use the grater anyway and use it was a away to explain PC's return policy. Or just use cheese that is already grated. Any time I have a recipe that calls for grated cheddar, I use bagged or I will pre shred it myself. I am not a fan of the Mandoline, for grating cheese, so I would rather not use it.
You could also try putting out an SOS here on CS. You might be able to find someone in your area that can let you borrow theirs.

1. What are some easy, beginner-friendly party ideas for Pampered Chef newbies?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, I often recommend hosting a "Pantry Party" - this is where guests bring their pantry staples and we use Pampered Chef products to make delicious recipes together. Another fun idea is to host a "Recipe Swap Party" where guests can bring their favorite Pampered Chef recipes to share and try out.

2. How can I make my Pampered Chef party more interactive and engaging?

One great idea is to incorporate games into your party. You can have guests play "Guess the Spice" or "Name that Kitchen Tool" using Pampered Chef products. You can also have a cooking competition where guests can use Pampered Chef products to create their own dishes.

3. I want to host a Pampered Chef party virtually. How can I make it just as fun as an in-person party?

Virtual parties can be just as fun and engaging as in-person parties. You can still play games and have interactive activities, such as a virtual cooking demonstration or a "Kitchen Tool Scavenger Hunt" where guests find and show off their Pampered Chef products. You can also offer virtual party favors or host a virtual raffle for product giveaways.

4. What are some unique and creative Pampered Chef party themes?

There are endless possibilities when it comes to Pampered Chef party themes. Some fun ideas include a "Taco Night" where guests can use Pampered Chef products to create their own tacos, a "Pizza Party" where guests can make homemade pizzas using Pampered Chef tools, or a "Sip and Dip" party where guests can enjoy drinks and appetizers while using Pampered Chef dip mixes.

5. How can I encourage guests to book their own Pampered Chef parties?

A great way to encourage future bookings is to offer incentives for guests who book their own parties at your party. You can also offer a hostess rewards program where guests can earn free or discounted products for hosting their own party. Another effective tactic is to share personal testimonies of the benefits and fun experiences of hosting a Pampered Chef party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Rapunzil
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Deb Hagen
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • bonnie hunt