Urgent Fruit dip

Discussion in 'Recipes and Tips' started by Deb V, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Deb V

Deb V Gold Member

I have a show tomorrow night and can't find where I saw the recipe for a fruit dip. It has strawberries, vanilla yogurt, and cool whip. Can anyone help with the amounts of each. Thanks

2. chef131doreen

chef131doreen Gold Member

I do this all the time in the summer Cool whip and lemon instant pudding . makes a great dip

3. BethCooks4U

BethCooks4U Gold Member

Just the dry mix and cool whip or do you make the pudding first?

I read cool whip and our coconut lime sauce is good (if you like coconut).

4. MHouting

MHouting Gold Member

I too use this! Just dry mix & cool whip.... I've even used French vanilla or white chocolate pudding!

I personally use 1/2 a small box with 8oz whip

5. Deb V

Deb V Gold Member

Thanks, it did come from the Cool N Serve show!!!

6. My director just did a fruit dip at our last meeting that was awesome... it was 1 part cream cheese to 2 parts marshmellow fluff.... Personally I hate fluff, but this was delicious!

7. I actually made it for a show last night and it was amazing. The guests loved it. I used 5 good sized strawberries, chopped with the manual food processor. Then stirred in a small container (single serving size) of vanilla yogurt, and 1/2tub of Cool Whip.

8. Bren706

Bren706 Gold Member

I will have to try adding the strawberries for some extra yummy flavor, but in the past, I have used 1 6-8 oz container of strawberry yogurt to one container (8 oz) of Cool whip.

9. Glad to help

10. babywings76

babywings76 Gold Member

This all fits in the MFP? I'm going to make it at a show on Friday and just want to be sure how to do it. I'm on a low to no carb diet right now and so I don't want to have to make this and it tempt me... ;) Also, does anyone know if there's a healthier substitute for CoolWhip for something like this?

11. pampered1224

pampered1224 Silver Member

A healthier version of Cool Whip? I don't think that is possible except to make it with real whipped cream. Cool Whip is mostly hydrogenated oil or plastic so...

12. babywings76

babywings76 Gold Member

Yeah, I thought of just using whipped cream, but I didn't know if it has enough body to work in the dip. Once I mix up the yogurt and strawberries, I'm afraid if I add just whipped cream, it'll turn to milk. KWIM? For the show, I think I'll stick to Cool Whip. But I'm just curious for myself and also to share as a tip at the show in case people aren't in love w/ Cool Whip. ;)

13. I just used one block of cream cheese and 1/2 container (the big one, not single serving)of dannon vanilla yogurt with a little less than half the cocunut lime sauce ----mixed it all up! YUMMY! This makes a lot of dip :)

14. byrd1956

byrd1956 Gold Member

Did you do this in the Manual Food Processor??

15. I know this is an old thread but I made a fantastic fruit dip this past summer. I used a container of vanilla yogurt and 5 large strawberries. In the MFP just chopped the strawberries and added the yogurt and blended. It was incredibly delicious!