• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Freezing Improve Taffy Apple Tartlets' Shelf Life?

In summary, the frozen taffy apple tartlets should be stored in an airtight container or freezer bag to prevent freezer burn and can be kept in the freezer for up to 3 months. They can be frozen after baking, but should be cooled completely before storing. Thawing is necessary before baking, either in the refrigerator or at room temperature. It is not recommended to freeze the tartlets with toppings already added, as they may become soggy when thawed. It is best to freeze them without toppings and add them after baking and thawing.
ChefPaulaB
Can you freeze these and have them still be good? Has anyone tried it before?

hmmm I've never tried it.. never had any last more than 15-20 min..

colegrovet said:
hmmm I've never tried it.. never had any last more than 15-20 min..

Yeah, that's what I've heard from other people. I'm going to make a batch of those and a batch of the Dutch Apple Mini Tarts and see which ones we like best. I've only made the Taffy Apple Tartlets once and didn't care for them, so I am trying them again with a few tweeks that I've read others have tried to see if I like them that way. Anyway, I'm afraid that if I make 48 apple tartlets that I'm going to eat them all if I don't freeze part of them! So, just wondering if they'd freeze well, don't want to freeze them and have them be bad, what a waste!

1. How should I store the frozen taffy apple tartlets?

The frozen taffy apple tartlets should be stored in an airtight container or freezer bag to prevent freezer burn.

2. How long can I keep the frozen taffy apple tartlets in the freezer?

The frozen taffy apple tartlets can be kept in the freezer for up to 3 months before they start to lose flavor and texture.

3. Can I freeze the taffy apple tartlets after they have been baked?

Yes, you can freeze the taffy apple tartlets after they have been baked. Allow them to cool completely before storing them in the freezer.

4. Do I need to thaw the frozen taffy apple tartlets before baking?

Yes, the frozen taffy apple tartlets should be thawed before baking. Let them thaw in the refrigerator for a few hours or at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking.

5. Can I freeze the taffy apple tartlets if I have already added the toppings?

It is not recommended to freeze the taffy apple tartlets with toppings already added. The toppings may become soggy when thawed. It is best to freeze the tartlets without toppings and add them after they have been baked and thawed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
dianag
  • brandynichoal
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Paula R. Lewis