• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Backordered Pantry Products: Important Update from The Pampered Chef

In summary, the email said that there are three Pantry items that have been on/off backorder for the last several weeks, and that the goal is to avoid additional Pantry items going on backorder.
esavvymom
Staff member
The Pampered Chef email that just came out about the back ordered Pantry products said:

Dear Consultant,

I want to make you aware that, due to so many Consultants taking advantage of "Freezer Shows," the demand for some of our Pantry items is outweighing our supply. Therefore, the following three products have been on/off backorder for the last several weeks, and we expect that to continue through July:

*Cherry Balsamic Vinegar (#9688)
*Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar (#9687)
*Rosemary-Infused Canola Oil (#9679)

I know this may be disappointing news, but please know that we're working very closely with our supplier to get our stock replenished. Our goal is to avoid additional Pantry items going on backorder, so we're looking at our Pantry line as a whole in an attempt to minimize further inventory shortage.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for your understanding as we work through this matter.

My question is, what is the "FREEZER SHOW" ? I don't remember that one nor can find info on it.

I was wondering the same thing!

There are two different groups on Facebook doing two different versions of Freezer Cooking shows. The idea is to do a show where people bring ingredients and put together between 5 and 10 meals by moving from station to station using Pampered Chef tools and Pantry Items. I actually found the first group because someone on this site mentioned it last fall. I learned about the second group from the woman who started the first group.The basic idea behind them both is the same -- to do something similar to what Tastefully Simple, Homemade Gourmet, WildTree and other companies offer. That is to set up a menu and shopping list and have people come and assemble their meals together. They take those meals home and put them in their freezer along with directions on how to cook them when they are ready to use them.The main difference between the two groups is this:This group (Fast. Fun. Family-Friendly Freezer Meal Workshops -- the one that I'm currently offering) suggests charging a $15-$20 fee per person as a registration fee to both hold their place in the workshop as well as to cover ingredients the Consultant provides. These ingredients include Pantry items as well as certain staples like oil, vinegar, salt and pepper and the occasional ingredient that is easier for the Consultant to buy a lot of (for example, orange juice) than for the customers to each have to bring a small amount of. The customers use the Consultant's tools. At the end of the workshop, the Consultant does a closing while everyone relaxes and shops. Customers tend to purchase the tools they used and loved and repeat customers will often purchase Pantry items so they can make the meals again. Many of the recipes are converted Pampered Chef recipes. Some, but not all, use Pantry items.This group (Dinners Done) is a secret group so I think you have to be FB friends with someone to get on it. It has been up for less time, but is most likely the reason for the shortage of Pantry items. It has really taken off. The group owner has put together menus of 10 meals each, all of them using at least one and many using more than one Pantry item. The entire menu uses $60-$75 worth of Pantry items. My understanding is they are basically designed to use up all the Pantry items that were ordered by the customer so they don't usually take home much in the way of Pantry items. To be a part of one of these workshops, the customer puts in an order for the Pantry bundle that goes with the menu the Consultant offers. These pre-orders allow the customer to get the Guest Special because the Consultant chooses a menu whose price point corresponds to the Guest Special dollar amount that month. The host uses the host benefits from this pre-order to get either her Pantry bundle or some other products that she wants. After the pre-order arrives, the workshop takes place. At the end of the workshop, customers place orders and the host once again receives the benefits.I haven't tried any of the recipes from the second group. I have tried most of the recipes from the first group. I've put many of them into menus that I offer my customers such as "Comfort Foods" or "Spice Up the Night" or "Lickety-Split". I'm working on some vegetarian menus as well as some kid-friendly ones (although I think most of the recipes are pretty kid-friendly). I only do 5 recipes at my workshop. My family has loved everything I've made and so have most of my customers' families. The cost for the customer is somewhere around $75 including the registration fee and they leave with 5-6 meals (some are large and can easily make two meals) that feed 6 people. That puts each meal at right around $2.50 a meal. Many of these meals are all-in-one with no need for sides.I think that's it in a nutshell. I hope that's helpful. If I missed anything, let me know.Shari in TX

Just wanted to add that both FB page owners have information at the top of the page about the group, how it got started and a lot more information about how to start your own Freezer Meal Workshops using their methods. So, if this is something you're interested in, definitely check out what they say directly rather than just reading my interpretation of it. :)Shari in TX

Thank you for the detailed explantation. I also explains why I had never heard of it, since I am not on FB. Oh well.

I'm not really "on" FB either. I have an account and am friends with a few family members -- mostly so I can see pics of my nephews. Since I found the freezer group last fall, I have been posting there. It's a private group so I don't feel like my info is available for the whole world to see which is the reason I do very little on FB. If you are interested in the Freezer Meal concept and would like more information about it, feel free to message me.I really only do PC very part time and teaching people how to make nutritious meals for their families is something that is really important to me. So, while I am definitely not going to turn down orders, a lot of the reason I'm offering these workshops is to help people see how easy it is to put meals in their freezers to use on days when there's not enough time to cook. I'm hoping that if I get them started, they'll realize they can even do it without me. The whole "teach a man to fish" thing. And, of course, I can provide them the right tools for the job!Shari in TX

You are more on FB than I am. I don't have an account. Unless it's a public page, I won't see it.

Can someone send me an invite to the dinners done or friend me? I am Melissa Goode McCall on FB. Thinking about ramping up my business and this interests me.

I am also looking for the Dinners Done page. My Facebook information is Kristen Cheatham. Thank you :)

Shari included links to the fb groups in her first email....click on the "this group" that is underlined....those are url links. It takes you to a fb login, which I dont have, so not sure where it goes after that...but you should look and see. Maybe it will give you the info you are looking for.

You are not able to see the second one unless you are friends with someone who is in it. I believe that is what the others were asking about

kcheatham08 said:
You are not able to see the second one unless you are friends with someone who is in it. I believe that is what the others were asking about
LOL.....Another reason I dont like Facebook. Before FB, people posted that info here and you didnt have to "know someone".

***EDIT***
Per the new pinned post, we are to add our teammates only, so that the group is only active consultants. I will no longer add consultants from other teams since I do not have the time to verify that they are in fact active consultants.. I'm sorry.

Last edited:
Thank you Amy! I went ahead and added you

I also just sent you a friend request and would like to be added to the group.
Thanks, Barbara

I sent you a FB friend request.

Ladies, I've been adding people, but the admin of the group has to approve you first.. has anyone finally gotten approved? Last time i checked the people i've added were never approved.

I just sent Amy a friend request also. Thank You!

Thanks for the offer Amy. I have sent you a friend request too.

Dinners Done Freezer Meals: If you are going to the conferance this summer they will be discussing this there. Home Office is working closely with Jessica in detail about pantry items and menus.
What's the name of the other Freezer Meal that you do? I am just curous

The reason for this is we don't want connective groups that do the same type Freezer Meals to copy us.

There is a new pin post regarding adding people

I would love to be added to dinners done as well... I sent you a friend request Amy. Thank you!!

Mid-August HO will be giving info regarding Freezer Workshops approved by HO. At Our training this morning the directors said the HO info will include tools needed, and station setup cards which will be helpful for us to get going with them. Some great things coming out of HO with Doris back. YEAH!

The pinned post on the group requests that we only add active consultants from our teams or hospitality. To prevent from violating this request, I will no longer be adding people to this group.

1. What is a "Freezer Show"?

A "Freezer Show" is a type of virtual party where guests can learn how to make meals ahead of time and store them in the freezer for easy cooking later. It's a great way to save time and still have delicious and healthy meals.

2. How do I host a "Freezer Show"?

To host a "Freezer Show," simply invite friends and family to join you online for a virtual party. Our consultant will provide a demonstration of freezer-friendly recipes and products, and your guests can place orders directly through the party link.

3. What types of recipes are featured in a "Freezer Show"?

Our consultants typically showcase a variety of make-ahead meals, such as soups, casseroles, and slow cooker dishes. They may also feature meal prep tools and tips for organizing your freezer space.

4. Do I need any special equipment to participate in a "Freezer Show"?

No, you do not need any special equipment to participate. Our consultants will demonstrate recipes using our Pampered Chef products, but you can use whatever tools you have at home to make the recipes.

5. Can I customize the recipes featured in a "Freezer Show"?

Yes, our consultants are happy to work with you to customize the recipes to your dietary preferences and restrictions. They can also provide suggestions for substitutions if you are missing any ingredients.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • byrd1956
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • chefjeanine
  • Products and Tips
Replies