• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How do you properly use a Forged Cutlery Honing Tool for kitchen knives?

In summary, the Forged Cutlery Honing Tool is a tool designed to sharpen and realign the edges of kitchen knives, keeping them in optimal cutting condition. It is recommended to use the tool every 2-3 times knives are used to maintain sharpness and prevent frequent sharpening. The tool can be used on all types of knives, including straight-edged and serrated ones. To use the tool, hold the handle firmly and gently drag the knife blade across the honing rod at a 20-degree angle, repeating on both sides for 8-10 strokes. The tool is not dishwasher safe and should be cleaned with warm soapy water and dried thoroughly before storing.
sjspchef
I had a customer that was asking about the Forged Cutlery Honing Tool. They already had it in their kitchen collection but said they weren't sure they were using it correctly. I'm new and not familiar with the tool so I thought I'd check with the experts!! He asked if you put it in with the knife straight up and down or do you angle it? Any tips you could share that I could pass along to the customer and remember for future customers?

Thank you!!!

straight up and down. Just pull it through a few times.

Hi there,Thank you for reaching out about the Forged Cutlery Honing Tool. I'd be happy to provide some tips for using it correctly.First, it's important to note that honing and sharpening are two different processes. Honing is used to straighten out the blade of a knife, while sharpening actually removes metal to create a new edge.To use the honing tool, you will want to hold it at a slight angle, about 20 degrees, and gently run the blade of the knife along the length of the tool. Make sure to keep the blade in contact with the entire length of the tool as you move it back and forth. You can use light pressure and repeat this process a few times.It's also important to note that honing should be done regularly, even after every use, to maintain the sharpness of the knife. If the knife has become very dull, it may require sharpening rather than just honing.I hope this information helps! Please feel free to reach out if you have any further questions or concerns. Thank you for your interest in our products.Best,

1. What is the purpose of the Forged Cutlery Honing Tool?

The Forged Cutlery Honing Tool is designed to realign and sharpen the edges of your kitchen knives, keeping them in optimal cutting condition.

2. How often should I use the Forged Cutlery Honing Tool?

We recommend using the Forged Cutlery Honing Tool every 2-3 times you use your knives to maintain their sharpness and prevent the need for frequent sharpening.

3. Can the Forged Cutlery Honing Tool be used on all types of knives?

Yes, the Forged Cutlery Honing Tool is suitable for use on all types of knives, including straight-edged and serrated knives.

4. How do I use the Forged Cutlery Honing Tool?

To use the Forged Cutlery Honing Tool, hold the handle firmly and place the honing rod against a stable surface. Then, gently drag the knife blade across the honing rod at a 20-degree angle, starting at the handle and moving towards the tip of the blade. Repeat on the other side of the blade for a total of 8-10 strokes.

5. Is the Forged Cutlery Honing Tool dishwasher safe?

No, we do not recommend putting the Forged Cutlery Honing Tool in the dishwasher. Instead, clean it with warm soapy water and dry it thoroughly before storing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kathytnt
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
jenniferknapp
  • sillylittlechef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
sillylittlechef
  • babywings76