• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

When should I send out party invites?

if they give me email addresses, I'll input those for the host as well. I send them out 10 days prior.
chefheidi2003
Gold Member
For those of you who send out the invites for your hosts..how far in advance of the party do you put them in the mail?

I am thinking about starting to mail them out but I don't know how far in advance I should send them out.

Also do you think that it helps your sales to send them out.

I always offer to send them out for my host. In the last 18 months, only 2 have chosen to do it themselves and it has not worked out well. I try and send the address form to them around a month in advance if possible - or as soon as I can if it is booked in closer. I ask for the form back 2 weeks before their show date and try and get the invites in the mail no less than 10 days before the show. My hosts that take advantage of my offer really appreciate it and then only have to follow up with reminder calls.

I used to send them out 2 weeks ahead...but since taking Tammy Stanley's workshop, and subscribing to her newsletter, reading some of her books, etc...I've revised that.

Now, I have my host personally invite guests through phone calls/email/facebook/face-to-face AS SOON as they know their party date, and then I send out the invitation one week before the party. (for instance, my party next Monday - the invites went out Saturday & Monday)

I use the mini catalog, with the printed label invite that's on CC (mailed in an envelope), and my attendance and sales have never been better!

I have a question -- do you guys pay for the postage your self or do you ask your host for that? I've been nervous about offering to send the invites because of the cost -- but now I am considering trying it to bump up my sales. I was worried about asking for the postage -- if it would be weird?

ChefBeckyD said:
I used to send them out 2 weeks ahead...but since taking Tammy Stanley's workshop, and subscribing to her newsletter, reading some of her books, etc...I've revised that.

Now, I have my host personally invite guests through phone calls/email/facebook/face-to-face AS SOON as they know their party date, and then I send out the invitation one week before the party. (for instance, my party next Monday - the invites went out Saturday & Monday)

I use the mini catalog, with the printed label invite that's on CC (mailed in an envelope), and my attendance and sales have never been better!

I do the same as Becky, and because of Tammy Stanley! :)

I inform the hosts that my "invites" are merely "official reminders" about the party and the ones on their "official" list will get a mini to look through as well as info about the party and online ordering, etc.

I also offer the evite option on the website etc, if they give me email addresses, I'll input those for the host as well.

I send them out 10 days prior. I have a party next Fri and sent my invites today. They will get them tomorrow. I've been doing this for a while and haven't had any complaints.

ahinchey said:
I have a question -- do you guys pay for the postage your self or do you ask your host for that? I've been nervous about offering to send the invites because of the cost -- but now I am considering trying it to bump up my sales. I was worried about asking for the postage -- if it would be weird?

I pay postage myself, and I think most consultants do. It's a write off, and I wouldn't feel right asking for payment back.

chefsteph07 said:
I pay postage myself, and I think most consultants do. It's a write off, and I wouldn't feel right asking for payment back.

I do the same as Stephanie. :D

ChefBeckyD said:

chefsteph07 said:
I do the same as Becky, and because of Tammy Stanley! :)

I inform the hosts that my "invites" are merely "official reminders" about the party and the ones on their "official" list will get a mini to look through as well as info about the party and online ordering, etc.

I also offer the evite option on the website etc, if they give me email addresses, I'll input those for the host as well.

I send them out 10 days prior. I have a party next Fri and sent my invites today. They will get them tomorrow. I've been doing this for a while and haven't had any complaints.

Ok ladies, I have been wanting to get Tammy Stanley's CD set and haven't really had the $'s to do so. However, I keep "hearing" everyone raving about her and the training that I have taken with her has been awesome! I think with my bonus I am getting Friday, I am going to bite the bullet and get the CD's.

I also pay the postage - it is a tax write-off. I have Tammy Stanley's CD's and it was the best investment I ever made! I do not like the "cheesy" music on them, however:D

I mail the invites out about 2 wks in advance, gives them time to come back in case an address is wrong.

I pay for them myself, I think it would be awkward to ask to be paid back for it.

As far as worth it, totally! When I don't have a host give me the guest list, it's always a small show in sales. It's also nice to know ahead of time if the host only gives you 20 names or less you know it's not going to be the top show of the month and you can plan accordingly. Meaning, maybe book an extra show to balance out the month.

I agree with Barb. Knowing how many were invited really adds incentive to host coach to the ultimate!

Like many others, I send the invites out 10 days before the party. Again, Tammy Stanley's influence on me :)

Keep in mind that we are sending mail with a 44cent stamp. . .not a postcard. Postcards are more likely to get lost in the mail or take longer to arrive, so you need to send them sooner (think 3 weeks before). I send my invitations anywhere from 2 weeks to 1 week before the party.

I put the Host's return address on my invitations so that she can deal with anything that comes back to her.

chefjeanine said:
Keep in mind that we are sending mail with a 44cent stamp. . .not a postcard. Postcards are more likely to get lost in the mail or take longer to arrive, so you need to send them sooner (think 3 weeks before). I send my invitations anywhere from 2 weeks to 1 week before the party.

I put the Host's return address on my invitations so that she can deal with anything that comes back to her.

I too do the same as others...even before Tammy Stanley. And I insist on a guest list usually 3 to 2.5 weeks before the party. No guest list, no party. In the beginning of the month it has not helped me. Had to cancel one or two but the end of the month is looking good. One is inviting 59...I sent out 26 today, gave her 15 to hand out to co-workers who she does not have address info for and the rest are family out of town she is going to e-mail for orders. Online she has invited a combination of 37 people (a mix of local and out of towners that are on the list)

For her, will do a Post call reminder (same as phonevite). Then I will also encourage her to follow up and with that...she will most likely have a $1000+ party.:love:

My theory is that if a host can not supply me with names of guests then she is not really going to do anything more than a catalog show. So either turn it into that or cancel it all together so I can re-book. It is hard to have a party with no guests.:(

chefsteph07 said:

Someone in my cluster asks for postage and recipe reimbursement. I have yet to figure out how to ask for that because it just doesn't feel right. I have not found it to be a big issue to send out the invitations or pay for postage myself.

I have been using an invite from some one else in my cluster... she has everyone bring a postage stamp and they get a ticket for the prize drawing. Get to test that one out at an upcoming show.

Like those above, 1 week before. I thought it was 'my idea' until I listened to Tammy Stanley and then I realized it was't. Owell, great idea anyhow!

1. How can I personalize my invitations for a special occasion?

With Pampered Chef's customizable invitation templates, you can easily add your own personal touch to your invitations. Simply choose from a variety of designs and fonts, and then edit the text and images to fit your event theme or style.

2. Can I track RSVPs and guest information through the invitation platform?

Yes, our invitation platform allows you to track guest responses and any additional information you may need, such as dietary restrictions or +1s. This makes managing your guest list and planning for your event much easier.

3. Are there options for sending out physical invitations instead of electronic ones?

While our platform primarily focuses on electronic invitations, we do offer printable versions of our templates that you can download and print at home. This is a great option for those who prefer traditional paper invitations.

4. Can I schedule when my invitations will be sent out?

Absolutely! Our platform allows you to schedule when your invitations will be sent out to your guests. This is especially helpful for planning ahead and ensuring that your guests receive the invitations in a timely manner.

5. Is there a limit to the number of invitations I can send out at once?

No, there is no limit to the number of invitations you can send out at once. Whether you have a small gathering or a large event, our platform can handle it all. Plus, with our bulk sending feature, you can easily send out invitations to multiple guests at once.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• vhadley
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
chefsteph07
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies