• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

forThose of You Who Send Out the Invites...

In summary, the speaker discusses their strategy for getting guest lists from hosts in a timely manner. They mention using incentives, such as a "golden carrot" basket, to encourage hosts to provide a guest list. They also mention sending out mini-catalogs instead of postcards to boost attendance at shows. The speaker also talks about the importance of good communication with hosts and the negative impact of low attendance on their business.
caraighan
Gold Member
...what do you do to make the hosts give you their guest list in a timely manner or at all?!??!!???

I've had 8 cooking shows booked for February. Out of those, I only got a guest list from 3!!! The others (after I had asked them for the list several times) finally said they would send the invites themselves! Some said they would call the guests or email them.

The party that I had yesterday, NO ONE showed up! Not one single person!!! :cry:

I tell them that I don't consider their show "on" unless I get a list..and they get no host packet, no recipe, no nothing.
Sorry about your show yesterday! Did you tell the host that THIS is why you mail invites??

I give them a golden carrot & let them choose out of my basket (twixits, seasons best, paring knives, ect.). 1 item for having it back to me by a certain date & 1 item for 40 names.I also don't give a host packet until I see a guest list. It's very rare that I give them a invites.

She used to sell PC a long time ago... so I thought (obviously mistake #1!) that she knew! She's also a friend. She's going to take outside orders.
I'm hoping for the best!

pamperedalf said:
I give them a golden carrot & let them choose out of my basket (twixits, seasons best, paring knives, ect.). 1 item for having it back to me by a certain date & 1 item for 40 names.

I also don't give a host packet until I see a guest list. It's very rare that I give them a invites.

I like your "golden carrot" ideas! I will try that on the ones coming up!
thanks!

I went through too many shows with low attendance before I started sending out mini-catalogs. It drove me crazy when I wouldn't get the evites until I finally blessed and released that show. It is not worth my time to cook for 1-2 guests. If they are not willing to give me a guest list within 2 weeks then I let them go and try to book the date. I say something like" I really like you, but it seems like we are having a hard time communicating. Since I don't have your addresses we are going to need to move the date." "I would love to work with you and to make it easier we can do it over the phone. All you need is your roladex or address book and about 15 minutes. Give me a call..."

We had a major disaster and no one would do anything until just the other day. I just booked the 25th on Friday, and the 21st today. The show on the 21st is relying heavily on personal calls. If she gets a list to me by Wednesday, I'll mail out mini-catalogs. If not, she knows it won't be great unless she does the "I don't know who's going to come. Can you bring some friends?" call to everyone.

I send the mini-catalogs and not postcards. I put them in envelopes so they don't get torn up. Since then my attendance has been wonderful, and the outside orders have really made a huge difference in my show average.

caraighan said:
I like your "golden carrot" ideas! I will try that on the ones coming up!
thanks!

Here's my email that I send:

Hi Susie Q,

I am looking forward to your show on February 24th. Here is your guest list to fill in. Remember to have it back to me by

2-8-08 and you will receive a gift at your show, if there are 40 names on the list you will receive 2 gifts at your show! Please make sure you send me the address of where the show is taking place so I can put them on the invites. Thank you so much for booking a show, and have a Pampered Day!

Amanda

Chefgirl2 said:
I went through too many shows with low attendance before I started sending out mini-catalogs. It drove me crazy when I wouldn't get the evites until I finally blessed and released that show. It is not worth my time to cook for 1-2 guests. If they are not willing to give me a guest list within 2 weeks then I let them go and try to book the date. I say something like" I really like you, but it seems like we are having a hard time communicating. Since I don't have your addresses we are going to need to move the date." "I would love to work with you and to make it easier we can do it over the phone. All you need is your roladex or address book and about 15 minutes. Give me a call..."

We had a major disaster and no one would do anything until just the other day. I just booked the 25th on Friday, and the 21st today. The show on the 21st is relying heavily on personal calls. If she gets a list to me by Wednesday, I'll mail out mini-catalogs. If not, she knows it won't be great unless she does the "I don't know who's going to come. Can you bring some friends?" call to everyone.

I send the mini-catalogs and not postcards. I put them in envelopes so they don't get torn up. Since then my attendance has been wonderful, and the outside orders have really made a huge difference in my show average.

How do you gauge how many mini's to order on supply? I have REALLY been contemplating this, but I don't know how many to get at a time! And I don't want to be putting in supply orders just for the mini's if I don't need anything else.

I've been contemplating sending the mini catalogs...do you really feel they are worth the extra cost and postage? Do they make that much of a difference in your show sales?

I've been doing what chefsteph does...if they want me to send out the invites, no host packet until I have the list, at which point I'll consider them confirmed for their date. If I don't have the list yet and someone else is looking at a date I've got penciled in already, the first host has 24 hours to get me their list. Otherwise, I give the date to the other person (thanks for this one, Carolyn!).

I am completely sold on using the mini catalog with the invites!

I still fill out postcards for invites, but put them in an envelope w/ a mini. That way, there is still a reminder postcard to put in their fridge, or message board.

I add stickers to the postcards and the minis - some purchased, and some that I made up.

I have seen not only an increase in outside orders for shows - but show attendance is up! I sent out 20 invites for a show I have tomorrow night - and she has at least 14 confirmed! A show I had a couple weeks ago, I sent out 35 invites, and had 22 at the show, w/ 6 bookings! I've been mailing invites for 5 years now, and this one change of sending the mini's has made the world of difference!

Oh - and I live in Michigan - where we have the highest unemployment in the nation! Try the Mini's!

ChefBeckyD said:
I am completely sold on using the mini catalog with the invites!

I still fill out postcards for invites, but put them in an envelope w/ a mini. That way, there is still a reminder postcard to put in their fridge, or message board.

I add stickers to the postcards and the minis - some purchased, and some that I made up.

I have seen not only an increase in outside orders for shows - but show attendance is up! I sent out 20 invites for a show I have tomorrow night - and she has at least 14 confirmed! A show I had a couple weeks ago, I sent out 35 invites, and had 22 at the show, w/ 6 bookings! I've been mailing invites for 5 years now, and this one change of sending the mini's has made the world of difference!

Oh - and I live in Michigan - where we have the highest unemployment in the nation! Try the Mini's!

OK, I'm in...Becky, you sold me. Thanks for the input. Would you share what kind of stickers you put on the postcards?

Last edited:
Just mailed out the mini's for the very first time a few days ago, my show is this Friday so I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of difference it might make! I think it's a great idea and I'm pretty excited to implement it. I've always mailed full paged invites that I create depending on what theme show I'm doing so I already pay the cost of one full stamp, for now extra cost I can add that mini-catalog in there, why didn't I think of this sooner?

As far as getting the address back, I include two address list sheets that you can order on the supply order form. Attached to that I put a self-addressed envelope for them to send it back to me and a little note attatched that says "Send top 2 copies back to me, third is for your records). I like it because I know it's an address list when I open my mailbox because I see my own envelope with my business stamp on it!

Chefstover2 said:
OK, I'm in...Becky, you sold me. Thanks for the input. Would you share what kind of stickers you put on the postcards?

I still have the Nancy's "Bring a Friend or Outside Order, Get a Gift" stickers - so I use those - plus, I have some that I've made up - just simple ones that say things like
"Don't Miss The Fun! You Have To Be Here!"
"Incredible 30 Minute Chicken - You have to see it to believe it!"
"You Are In For One Exciting Evening of FUN!"
"It's A Party! Don't Miss The Fun!"
"$2 Per Serving, or Less - and it taste great too!"
"Dinner in less than 30 minutes - You have to see it to believe it!"

I'm also going to order some of the Booster Stickers to try - I like some of the ones I've seen - but I do like putting stickers on that are more specific to the type of show I'm doing.

I sent minis for the first time last month & it was an awesome show. I was worried about 20 invites, but she had 13 people there & we closed at $900 in sales. We will see how it goes w/ my show next week.Thanks for sharing Becky, I love some of your stickers.

Well after reading all this about the mini's I am sold too. Instead of using my printer ink it will be worth buying them. And they are better to give out at fairs instead of the big catalogs. I can't wait to hear what happens to everyone that used them for the first time. :)

I started sending the invites with the mini's in Jan and I had 2 $1,000 shows in a row. I'm not stopping any time soon.

I just have one question about the minis, I have a bunch left over from winter. Would it be bad to send those out before using my S/S? I have like 75 winter and 15 Fall. I would like to clean out my older stuff before using my new.

princessmeshelle said:
I just have one question about the minis, I have a bunch left over from winter. Would it be bad to send those out before using my S/S? I have like 75 winter and 15 Fall. I would like to clean out my older stuff before using my new.

I think I'm gonna toss all my old mini's. We had a meeting last night and my director said MOST of the prices are going up! She was pretty upset because she had ordered a lot of the mini's and wedding registry booklets when they PC put them on sale. Now she's gonna have to toss all of them because of the price increase!!!

You can still hand them out at booths with a label to contact you for a new catalog. You have until the end of this month for the price change also.

1. How do I create and send out invitations using Pampered Chef?

To create and send out invitations using Pampered Chef, simply log in to your account and click on the "Host a Party" tab. From there, you can choose from a variety of invitation templates and customize them with your event details. Once you're satisfied with your invitation, you can easily send it out to your guests via email or social media.

2. Can I track RSVPs and guest responses to my invitations?

Yes, with Pampered Chef's invitation system, you can easily track RSVPs and guest responses. When your guests receive the invitation, they will have the option to RSVP directly through the invitation. You will then be able to see who has accepted, declined, or not responded to your invitation.

3. Are there any fees or charges for using Pampered Chef's invitation system?

No, there are no fees or charges for using Pampered Chef's invitation system. It is a free service provided to our customers to make party planning and hosting easier and more convenient.

4. Can I customize the invitations with my own branding and information?

Yes, you can customize the invitations with your own branding and information. Pampered Chef offers a variety of templates that you can personalize with your name, contact information, and even your own logo. This allows you to create a cohesive and professional look for your invitations.

5. How far in advance should I send out invitations for my Pampered Chef party?

We recommend sending out invitations for your Pampered Chef party at least 2-3 weeks in advance. This will give your guests enough time to RSVP and make any necessary arrangements to attend your event. However, you can also send out invitations closer to the party date if needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pkd09
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pkd09
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • PamperedK