• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fun and Educational Activities for Kids Only!

Which is why I thought these cookies would be the perfect thing to make with my little guy. He loved mixing them and rolling them into balls. He was also a big fan of flattening them with the bottom of a bowl. And he really loved tasting them!Adorable! So easy to make and oh-so-cute!In summary, the conversation includes various creative and fun food and snack ideas for kids. These include powdered sugar doughnut snowmen, kid sushi made with Rice Krispie treats, grape caterpillars, secret message bananas, sour patch grapes, pancake art, ice cream for breakfast, marshmallow dipped in white chocolate, Oreos decorated as moon phases, clothespin butterflies, fish-shaped
Ok, so I don't have any cool pictures to post to help with visualization, and even if I did I would have no clue how to post them here. I am not that tech savvy. Here are some more great ideas for kids.

Cucumber Canoes

2 meduim cucumbers
2 can tuna, flaked and drained
1/2 c. mayonnaise (or Miracle )
1 celery rib. chopped
1 Tsp chopped onion
8 cherry tomatoes
1 carrot cut into 8 sticks

Slice cucumbers in half length-wise. Scoop out and discard seeds. If necessary, cut a small slice from bottom of cucumbers so they will sit flat on a plate. In a bowl, combine tuna, onion, celery, and mayonnaise. Spoon in to cucumbers. Add one tomato on each end of the "canoe" Serve with two carrot sticks on either side for paddles. makes 4 boats.

Edible Bowl Dip 1 large green or red pepper, cut in half
2 Tbs. Refried beans
2 Tbs. Salsa
2 Tbs. Shredded cheddar cheese
6 baby carrots or 8 tortilla chips Remove stems and membranes from pepper. In a small bowl, combine salsa and beans Heat in the microwave 30-45 seconds or until warm. Divide mixture between pepper halves. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve with carrots or tortillas chips.

Octopus and Seaweed

1 pgk ramen style noodles
1 hot dog
mustard (or ketchup)
green food coloring

Cook noodles in boiling water for 3-5 minutes. Drain. Add seaoning packet if desired, and a few drops of food coloring to tint the noodles green.

Make eight slits, lenghtwise (about 1/4 the way up) on one end of the hot dog, taking care not to cut all the way through. Submerge in boiling water for a few minutes, until the ends start to curl.

Place noodles on serving plate. Stand hotdog up on noodles. Dot with mustard for eyes and mouth.

Found this one in a Taste of home book years and years ago.

Portable Pizza

1 pkg. Individual serving size cheese crackers ( gold fish, cheez its, ect)
2 Tbs. Shredded mozzarella cheese
2 Tbs. Pizza sauce

If desired, warm pizza sauce in the microwave for a few seconds. Cut open cracker package. Pour sauce over crackers. Sprinkle with cheese. Eat with a spoon for less mess.

I found this recipe in a Disney Cookbook that I'd ordered from Schoolastic. This is not just for kids. I love this too! They're called Lightning Wraps because evidently, they are Lightning McQueen's favorite. LOL

Lighting Wrap

8 cherry tomatoes
2 10 inch tortillas, (flour, whole grain, tomato-basil, or spinach)
¼ c. sour cream & onion dip or Ranch dressing
4 slices thin deli style ham, turkey or roast beef
½ c. fresh spinach leaves
¼ c. shredded carrot

Cut each tomato in half. Spread each tortilla with sour cream dip or ranch dressing. Divide meat between the tortillas. Top with spinach, tomato and carrots. Tightly roll up tortillas and wrap with plastic wrap. Chill up to two days. When ready to serve, unwrap tortillas and slice each into 4 slices.

Peanut butter, some strategically placed banana slices and blueberries. So easy and super fun! bear1524603_686015874763130_197964702_n.jpg

Why have I never noticed this thread before?? Or maybe old age has caused me to forget it.
Cute!

pbjcookie1.jpg So cute!!!
Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookie Sandwiches
From http://www.ericasweettooth.com
Yield: ~ 20 sandwich cookies
Ingredients:For the peanut butter cookies:
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp granulated sugar
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp light brown sugar
1 egg
2-1/2 tbsp milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1-1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
For the "crust":
2 tbsp vodka
Few drops brown food coloring
For the filling:
Jelly flavor of your choice
Directions:In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together the peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy, for 2-3 minutes.Beat in the egg, milk, and vanilla until well combined.In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and baking soda. With the mixer on low, gradually add the flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture and beat until just combined.Divide dough in half and roll each half into a rectangular block. Using your fingers, pinch along the middle of the top and along the two sides to form indentations along the length of the block so the dough looks like a bread loaf. (See photo below). Wrap each half in seran wrap and refrigerate at least one hour or overnight.
PhotobucketWhen dough is chilled, unwrap the dough and use a sharp knife to cut slices of "bread" in 1/4" thickness. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Place 1" apart on a parchment paper or silpat-lined cookie sheet and bake for 7-9 minutes, or until edges just begin to brown. Cool for 5 minutes on the pan, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.To paint crusts onto the baked cookies, combine vodka and brown food coloring. Use a clean paint brush to brush mixture on the sides of all the cookies. Using vodka instead of water will prevent the cookies from getting soggy since the alcohol will evaporate!To make the sandwiches, take one cookie slice and spread with jelly. Match cookie with another slice of similar size and make your PB&J sandwich!Photobucket

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
babywings76
Replies
Views
DebPC