• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cleaning Food Chopper Blades: A Step-by-Step Guide

In summary, people use a variety of methods to clean between the blades on their food choppers, with the most common being a kitchen brush, a dishrag, or a cleaning brush from a decorator bottle set.
gailz2
Gold Member
How do you all clean between the blades on your food choppers?

I use a kitchen brush mostly, but if somehting gets caught in those tigh spaces on the baldes, I take the dishrag, fold it tight and kind of move it back and forth between the blades to loosen it up and use the brush to get clean. Also, the thin baby-bottle brushed work great too!

I did finally buy the PC brush, but it doesn't fit in there very well. Perhaps I'll get one of the baby bottle brushes, again.

Dishwasher.

The cleaning brush from the decorator bottle set fits in there.

Sometimes I'll pull it out of the dishwasher and there will be nasty dried bits of something still stuck deep between the blades. Usually onions! I always rinse it right after using it, but when this happens I'll use the tip of a sharp knife (VERY CAREFULLY!!!) to pry that thing loose, then wash it again.

I usually just use a knife to get in the tight corner.

pchockeymom said:
The cleaning brush from the decorator bottle set fits in there.

what a great idea, I like this, thanks!

And I do put it in the dishwasher, too, but also get dried pieces caught up in there. I'm glad to hear I'm not alone.

When I had baby bottles, I used the end of the baby bottle brush designed for the bottle nipples. Now that we have sippy cups, I use the small tool that's designed to clean the plastic straws on the sippy cups. Both work great!

I always give it a quick rinse after using it- so it takes care of alot of that, then I throw it in the dishwasher. I don't get the dried pieces stuck when I do that. If I forget to rinse it after using, then I do tend to get them a bit. I have used the bottle-washer for that when I had to.

"Now that we have sippy cups, I use the small tool that's designed to clean the plastic straws on the sippy cups. Both work great!"

Geez there's a tool to clean the sippy cups? When my kids were little I had to use a toothbrush. What will they think of next, probably a mommy invention.

Citrus Peeler, have one near my sink, works wonders on a lot of products! ;)

What is the best way to clean my food chopper blades?

The best way to clean your food chopper blades is to disassemble the chopper and remove the blades. Wash them in warm, soapy water, making sure to remove any food particles or residue. Rinse the blades thoroughly and dry them with a clean towel before reassembling the chopper.

Can I put my food chopper blades in the dishwasher?

While some of our food chopper models are dishwasher safe, we recommend hand washing the blades to ensure they are thoroughly cleaned and to prevent any damage to the blades. Refer to your specific model's instructions for more information.

How often should I clean my food chopper blades?

We recommend cleaning your food chopper blades after each use to prevent any buildup of food particles or residue. This will also help maintain the sharpness and effectiveness of the blades.

What should I do if my food chopper blades are rusted?

If your food chopper blades are rusted, do not use them. Rust can be harmful if ingested and can also damage the quality of your food. Contact our customer service team for a replacement set of blades.

Are there any special cleaning techniques for serrated food chopper blades?

Serrated food chopper blades may require a bit more attention when cleaning. Use a small brush or toothbrush to gently scrub between the serrated edges to remove any food particles. Rinse the blades thoroughly and dry them before reassembling the chopper.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ms_twana
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Brenda.the.chef
Replies
Views
mommyhugz1978
  • thehaleykitchen
  • Products and Tips
Replies