• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Food Chopper Clear Collar Question

In summary, a food chopper clear collar is a plastic accessory that attaches to the top of a food chopper or processor to prevent food from splashing out while chopping or processing. It typically attaches onto the rim of the container and may have clips or hooks for a secure fit. The compatibility and dishwasher safety may vary depending on the specific food chopper model. The clear collar is not suitable for liquids and should be used for its intended purpose according to the manufacturer's instructions.
kam
Staff member
I have a customer who is asking about a replacement clear collar for the food chopper. I know that there was an older version once...

For the life of me I can't remember anything about the older version - what do I ask my customer to distinguish between the 2? How long ago was the new one introduced?

THANKS!

Kathleen,This may not help but here goes. I've been in the business for 13 years and I'm pretty sure the model that is available now is the same. I've seen the older one (at host's homes) but I can't dredge up a picture in my head to describe it to you.

The older one I think had the name Zyliss on it. It had a more metal look to it. The collar part was shorter, couldn't hold as much. I wonder if you go on eBay or Google images, if you could find a picture of it.

Great idea! And here it is, I think:http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pampered-Chef-Zyliss-Food-Chopper-old-style-/191017198839?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c798324f7Shari in TX

Yep, that's it! Thanks, Shari! I didn't get a chance to search yet! :)

Excellent! Thanks Amanda, Shari! I can forward her the pics and ask which one. I wasn't familiar with the old one, so I wasn't sure how close they were (if just sending her a pic of the new one would suffice), but apparently it was quite different in the past!Thanks again!

1. What is a food chopper clear collar?

A food chopper clear collar is a plastic accessory designed to fit onto the top of a food chopper or processor. It acts as a barrier between the blades and the lid, preventing food from splashing out of the container while chopping or processing.

2. How does the clear collar attach to the food chopper?

The clear collar typically has a flexible tab or lip that fits securely onto the rim of the food chopper or processor. It may also have small clips or hooks that snap onto the container, ensuring a tight seal.

3. Can the clear collar be used with any type of food chopper?

It depends on the design of the food chopper. Some models may not have a compatible rim or may not be able to accommodate the added height of the clear collar. It is best to check the product specifications or consult with the manufacturer to determine compatibility.

4. Is the clear collar dishwasher safe?

Most food chopper clear collars are made from BPA-free plastic and are dishwasher safe. However, it is always recommended to check the care instructions provided by the manufacturer before placing it in the dishwasher.

5. Can the clear collar be used for liquids?

No, the clear collar is designed to be used with solid foods and is not suitable for liquids. It is important to always follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer and use the food chopper and clear collar for their intended purposes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TJMagoo
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • babywings76
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • bridgetbakes