• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Green Cleaning: Flour/Sugar Shaker for Eco-Friendly Scrubbing

I don't like the smell of fabric softener so I buy the "free & clear" kind - and I imagine vinegar is cheaper if I'm not buying smelly stuff anyway. do you think the vinegar and baking soda would work for cleaning an oven?? every time i use my oven my fire alarm goes off, even if it is not smoky. i hate cleaning my oven.:yuck:I have never tried this, but I would think so. Vinegar is a natural disinfectant and baking soda is a natural deodorizer.
pchefinski
For those who are wanting to "Go Green" with their cleaning, the flour/sugar shaker is a great tool. Put baking soda inside and shake over surface needing cleaned, then spritz on some vinegar, scrub and wipe clean. No harsh chemicals while cleaning, saving the environment, and an even distribution of baking soda -- not the massive clumps I've had to deal with when trying this out lately.

Great idea! (Cheap too!!!) Always nice to pass on great info to guests that can save them money!! Vinegar is such a super thing to use! I use vinegar in my washer (as the softener) when washing towels. That way, there is no build up of softener on your towels which will inhibit their ability to soak up water! But...they still come out soft!! (BTW- do NOT NOT NOT use softener on our microfiber towels!!)

Great tips!

vinegar
KellyTheChef said:
Great idea! (Cheap too!!!) Always nice to pass on great info to guests that can save them money!! Vinegar is such a super thing to use! I use vinegar in my washer (as the softener) when washing towels. That way, there is no build up of softener on your towels which will inhibit their ability to soak up water! But...they still come out soft!! (BTW- do NOT NOT NOT use softener on our microfiber towels!!)

Kelly... does the load of wash smell like vinegar when it's done?

I wash mine with vinegar too (after learning about it on here!) and have not found them to smell like vinegar at all.

Do you ladies put the vinegar right in the water when you put the load in, or in a downy ball??

I put it in when I'm loading the washer (and have no post-wash vinegar odor), but I've heard of people putting it in the center (where fabric softener goes) and it working well. I've not heard anything of putting it in a downy ball though. It wouldn't hurt anything to try it.

Love the tips, thanks!!!

pchefinski said:
I put it in when I'm loading the washer (and have no post-wash vinegar odor), but I've heard of people putting it in the center (where fabric softener goes) and it working well. I've not heard anything of putting it in a downy ball though. It wouldn't hurt anything to try it.

How much do you put in. I would like to try it but I am afraid that I would put too much in.

pchefinski said:

So even in a front loading washing machine, you can put it in the fabric softener dispenser, eh? Im so addicted to fabric softener though! LOL...The green cap Downy smells SOOOO awesome when the clothes come out! It may not be a great smell when you take the cap off in the store to smell it but Im like a commercial for Downy when I hug my son when he's wearing his pjs out of the dryer! LOL:love:

I'm going to have to try both of these!

I don't like the smell of fabric softener so I buy the "free & clear" kind - and I imagine vinegar is cheaper if I'm not buying smelly stuff anyway.

do you think the vinegar and baking soda would work for cleaning an oven?? every time i use my oven my fire alarm goes off, even if it is not smoky. i hate cleaning my oven.:yuck:

1. How does the Flour/Sugar Shaker Idea work?

The Flour/Sugar Shaker Idea is a convenient and mess-free way to measure and dispense flour or sugar. The shaker is designed with a lid that has different sized openings to control the amount of flour or sugar that comes out. Simply fill the shaker with flour or sugar, shake it over your desired surface, and watch as a precise amount is evenly spread.

2. Is the Flour/Sugar Shaker Idea dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Flour/Sugar Shaker Idea is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. However, we recommend hand-washing the lid to prevent any potential damage or warping.

3. Can the Flour/Sugar Shaker Idea be used for other ingredients?

While the Flour/Sugar Shaker Idea is specifically designed for flour and sugar, it can also be used for other dry ingredients such as powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and even spices.

4. Is the Flour/Sugar Shaker Idea airtight?

Yes, the Flour/Sugar Shaker Idea is designed with an airtight lid to help keep your flour or sugar fresh and prevent any spills or messes.

5. How much flour or sugar can the shaker hold?

The Flour/Sugar Shaker Idea can hold up to 1 cup of flour or sugar, making it perfect for most baking and cooking needs. However, we recommend filling the shaker about ¾ full to allow for proper shaking and dispensing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
kspry
  • gilliandanielle
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Braedensmom
  • Lisa/ChefBear
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies