• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Flea Market Saturday - Need Help With Business Card Idea

In summary, your Flea Market will have a business card stand with a sample of the 2 step fudge and recipe, but you might want to rethink handing out something made in your own kitchen. You also might consider raffling off a gift certificate for a free show.
jgordon
I have a Flea Market on Saturday and I was planning on passing out my business card with a sample of the 2 step fudge and recipe. But, I'm afraid the weather might be too hot for chocolate... any other ideas? I like attaching something to my business card to say thank you for stopping by type of thing... what do you think?

I would just go with hard candy.

Actually, at fairs, I like to hand out recipe cards. Everyone loves a recipe. Then they have my info too. I just buy the ones off supply and put a label on there.

Have some kind of drawing to get leads - Be sure to follow up quickly. call them back quickly Create your own drawing slips or use the draw slips you would use at a show

I hand out recipe cards too with my label on them. Also, if you do make your own drawing slip, be sure to add a "Do you currently have a consultant" on there b/c they'll sign up anyway. That saves you a lot of time not contacting people that are already taken care of. Otherwise (when I didn't have my own) I asked them right away. In fact, I still do if I get a change to talk to them. It gives me an indication of if I should just kindly move onto the next person. Good luck!!

I hand out recipe cards and a mini catalog. At the last craft show I did, I had some postcards that I got from Vista Print that had coupons on them for free cooking show (I'll bring the ingredients) and 10% off stoneware. Both coupons expire at the end of the year, so it will hopefully create some urgency to call me.

I also am doing a flea market on Saturday. I always have something chocolate on my table and lollys for the kids. I have raffled off cookbooks and done the free show thing too. I offer recipe cards while I poke them for information. I will also set out my old catalogs. I save the new ones for guests that seem more interested. I loose lots of catalogs to guests who don't want to give me their information. Good luck!

jgordon said:
I have a Flea Market on Saturday and I was planning on passing out my business card with a sample of the 2 step fudge and recipe. But, I'm afraid the weather might be too hot for chocolate... any other ideas? I like attaching something to my business card to say thank you for stopping by type of thing... what do you think?

You might want to rethink handing out something made in your own kitchen. Health laws vary from state to state, but in many states it's a violation of health codes to distribute homemade goods at a public event.

I usually have a SA bowl with wrapped hard candies and do a raffle. At my next event, I plan to raffle off a $10 gift certificate, good for $20 off if they order from their own show. (It's an idea I got from someone here. The gift certificate is one I'll make myself, good only for things purchased from me.)

True about food, plus I find that I don't need food as a draw. I just end up with people wanting free food. I sometimes put chocolates out, esp spread out prettily amongst the products. However, I notice that they people taking some are usually not the ones that are excited about product (just the chocolate). Concentrate on the info getting stuff. Drawing slip. Great idea on the $10 (or $20 at your show). For those who purchased the Celebrate cookbook, display that prominently with "Free when you book a show for June or July". Of course, they get it at their party. Oh yeah...I have a booth Saturday too! I'd better get some of these ideas ready. I don't think it's going to be great though. Ever involved in a smaller expo with a handful of consultants and get nothing from the organizer? I'm only hearing from my friend that knows her! Hopefully, people will show.

In a small baggie - put a recipe, your business card, and a coupon for a free show with a roll of smarties attached, with the saying "Be a Smartie - Book a Party!":D

Balloon BoardI gave out old catalogs, mini catalogs and recipe cards. There was a drawing too, so I could collect leads. My "big" visual was a balloon board.

I bought a piece of red foam board and used stick-on letters to say "Book 'n Win" at the top. I made bright yellow coupons that said awarded either a free kitchen show, free Season's Best Cookbook, free I-slice, $10 off their personal order, free mini-whipper or free bamboo tongs - all redeemable AT THEIR SHOW and the coupon only valid if signed. I folded the coupons up really small (they were business card size) and put them inside balloons at random. The balloons were tacked to the foam board. The idea was.. if they booked a show, they got to choose a balloon and pop it. I would sign the coupon and give it to them. On my calendar, I wrote what they "won" so I'd be prepared at their show. They needed to keep the coupon and show it to me at the show to redeem it. (If they loose it, I don't have to give them their prize - a little incentive to keep the coupon taped to the frige or something...) Every balloon had a coupon - no "duds." It helped because when things were busy, some would ask what the board was about, when otherwise they may have popped in and out of my booth without giving me an opportunity to say much more than "Hi - we have a free drawing if you're interested!"

Truth time - I didn't get ANY bookings that day - NONE!! But the interest the board generated made me committed to use it again next time!! I had LOTS of out-of-town customers and people brand new to the area who did not want to talk about having any guests over yet - I'll try again with them on my follow-up calls.

1. What is Flea Market Saturday?

Flea Market Saturday is an event where local vendors and small businesses come together to sell their products and services at a flea market. It is a great opportunity to showcase your business and connect with potential customers.

2. How can I participate in Flea Market Saturday?

To participate in Flea Market Saturday, you can either register as a vendor with the flea market organizer or set up your own booth at the market. Make sure to check the requirements and fees for participating beforehand.

3. Do I need a business card for Flea Market Saturday?

Yes, having a business card is essential for Flea Market Saturday. It is a great way to introduce yourself and your business to potential customers and give them a way to contact you for future business.

4. What should I include on my business card for Flea Market Saturday?

Your business card for Flea Market Saturday should include your business name, logo, contact information (phone number, email, website), and a brief description of your products or services. You can also consider adding a special offer or discount for customers who mention seeing your card at the flea market.

5. Can I use my own design for my Flea Market Saturday business card?

Yes, you are welcome to use your own design for your business card. Just make sure it is eye-catching and represents your business well. Alternatively, you can also use pre-made templates provided by Pampered Chef for a professional and cohesive look.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
  • pampered1224
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Mackailey
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies