• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fav. Cucumber & Zucchini Recipes

In summary, the author is discussing recipes for cucumbers and zucchini. They list a recipe for a cucumber salad that uses mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, dill, and seasoned salt. They also mention a recipe for zucchini bread that uses carrots, zucchini, walnuts, and vegetable oil. The author also mentions that her sister makes a lot of carrot and zucchini bread, from a recipe that is on the Stoneware Loaf Pan.
Karen
Gold Member
OK, it's harvesting time. I have a TON of cucumbers and zucchini that are starting to climb out of my garden fences:eek:. I'm looking for everyone's favorite cucumber and zucchini recipes and/or easy pickle recipes using cucumbers. Thanks a bunch!

My Favorite recipe for Zuccini is Italian Zuchini Saute. I found it on All Recipes.com- just go there and do a search. It is incredible, and has tomatoes in it, onion, garlic, olive oil- YUMMO!!!!!

I tried a new recipe for a cucumber salad last night - it's for fresh cukes though - not to preserve them. It was really good though - so good, that I was hoping to have some of the leftovers for lunch today when I got home from errands, but DH beat me to them! He doesn't even really eat cucumbers - but he loved this salad!

Only thing I would note is that you only need about half of the dressing it calls for! There was a TON left over in the bowl.

MOM's CUCUMBER SALAD (allrecipes.com)
INGREDIENTS

* 1 cup mayonnaise
* 1/4 cup white sugar
* 4 teaspoons distilled white vinegar (used apple cider vinegar)
* 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed (I used fresh, with some PC Dill Mix added in!)
* 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt (used fresh ground S&P!)
* 4 medium cucumbers, peeled and sliced (I cored them with the corer also)

DIRECTIONS

1. In a large bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, dill, and seasoned salt. Mix in the cucumber slices, tossing to coat.

for a quick side dish or salad topping -
cut cukes to bite size peices
quarter a few tomatoes
slice a red onion (thin and quartered)
marinate in italian dressing made with balsamic vinegar (i use those Good Seasons packets to make my own)

sometimes I add mozzerella balls too

The other night i sliced a zucc. in half length wise brushed olive oil on them, sprinkled with our new PC salt & some PC Bell Pepper & herb rub and threw it on the grill. It was so good ! the salt really brings out the flavor of the veggie.

Last edited:
With our abundance of zuks I make alot of zucchini bread. Usually I grate up alot of my zucchini at one time and then package them up in ziplock bags, each bag containing 2 cups (amount for recipe) and freeze them so I can do most of my bread baking in the winter. That way I dont fight the AC by baking for hours in the summer and I get to enjoy the added heat in the winter.

My sister has been making a LOT of carrot and zucchini bread, from the recipe on the Stoneware Loaf Pan use and care. She says the neighborhood kids eat it like candy! I don't remember specifics, but she has modified the recipe a little to use less oil, so it's not as bad for you as many zucchini bread recipes. :rolleyes: And she says that the first time she made it, she didn't bother to pull out her PC tools, and had chunky carrots in it, but it was still really good.Edited to add: I was going to post it, but it's apparently in the More Stoneware Sensations book, so the recipe isn't on CC.

chefann said:
My sister has been making a LOT of carrot and zucchini bread, from the recipe on the Stoneware Loaf Pan use and care. She says the neighborhood kids eat it like candy! I don't remember specifics, but she has modified the recipe a little to use less oil, so it's not as bad for you as many zucchini bread recipes. :rolleyes: And she says that the first time she made it, she didn't bother to pull out her PC tools, and had chunky carrots in it, but it was still really good.

Edited to add: I was going to post it, but it's apparently in the More Stoneware Sensations book, so the recipe isn't on CC.

Here it is Ann :)

Spiced Carrot-Zucchini Bread
(More Stoneware Sensations Cookbook...pg 38)

2 1/4 cups flour
1 cup sugar
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
3/4 cup carrots, finely chopped
3/4 cup zucchini, finely chopped
1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs

Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom only of Stoneware Loaf Pan with nonstick cooking spray. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt and spices. Using Food Chopper, finely chop carrots and zucchini; coarsely chop walnuts. Add carrots, zucchini, walnuts and remaining ingredients to Batter Bowl. Stir just until dry ingredients are moistened using Mix 'N Scraper. Spoon batter into pan. Bake 65-70 minutes or until Cake Tester inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Loosen sides of loaf from pan; remove loaf to Nonstick Cooling Rack. Cool completely. Cut into slices using Serrated Bread Knife.

Makes 1 loaf (12 servings)

yumm... this has me wanting some bread (granted this diet has me limited on my carbs, so pretty much any bread always sounds good to me)... I can just picture this hot out of the oven with a little butter on it all melty... mmmm....

I have a recipe around here somewhere for meatloaf made with grated zucchini instead of bread crumbs. Let me see if I can find it.

I just sent a good zucchini bread recipe out yesterday and silly old me didn't save it after I typed it. I sent it to Kitchen Diva, so hopefully she can post it :)

1. What are some easy cucumber and zucchini recipes?

Some easy cucumber and zucchini recipes include cucumber and zucchini salad, grilled zucchini and cucumber skewers, and cucumber and zucchini noodles.

2. Can I use both cucumbers and zucchini in the same recipe?

Yes, you can definitely use both cucumbers and zucchini in the same recipe. They pair well together and can add a variety of flavors and textures to a dish.

3. How do I prepare zucchini for cooking?

Zucchini can be prepared by washing and drying it, then cutting off both ends. You can then slice, dice, or spiralize it depending on the recipe you are making.

4. Can I use cucumbers and zucchini in a dessert recipe?

While cucumbers and zucchini are typically used in savory dishes, they can also be used in dessert recipes. Cucumber sorbet and zucchini bread are popular options.

5. Are there any health benefits to eating cucumbers and zucchini?

Yes, both cucumbers and zucchini are low in calories and high in water content, making them a great addition to a healthy diet. They also provide important vitamins and minerals such as vitamin C and potassium.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJoyJ
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
lamarquepchef
  • ChefDebi
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • 4kids4me