• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Make a Delicious Smoothie

In summary, The Chicago Board of Education approved a plan to close 54 schools despite protests from parents and teachers. During a public comment period, 19 opponents of the school closings voiced their concerns about the safety and well-being of students who would be forced to attend new schools. The board ultimately voted 4-2 in favor of the closures, citing a projected budget shortfall and declining enrollment as reasons for the decision. Despite opposition from activists and Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis, the board did not directly respond to the concerns raised during the public comment period and voted to close the schools before it was even over.
DebPC
Staff member
dad1.jpg
dad2.jpg
dad3.jpg
dad4.jpg

Wow, great ideas.

The Spiegel and Parkins Show on 670 The ScoreBest of The Score670 The Score Contest RulesSee WSCR-AM's Contest Rules Here(Credit: CBS)CHICAGO (CBS) — The Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday approved a plan to close 54 schools, despite heated protests from parents and teachers.The board’s 4-2 vote came after a nearly two-hour public comment period, during which 19 opponents of the school closings were able to make their case to the board.Many of the speakers were parents who were upset that their children’s schools were on the list of schools scheduled to be closed, and said they were worried about their children’s safety as they would be forced to attend classes in new schools.“I am begging you, please don’t close Jensen,” said parent Demetrious Jackson, whose son is autistic. “I am concerned about the safety of my child.”Jackson said Jensen Elementary School, which is on the list of schools to be closed, has a strong special education program, and he’s worried his son won’t get the same care at a new school.Jensen is one of three schools that would close under the district’s plan, but would not be consolidated with another school. Students from the three schools slated for closing would be sent to new schools. The district has said it will work with parents of special needs students to find new programs for their childrenOpponents of the school closings have said they are concerned about gang lines being crossed, and students being put in harm’s way as a result of the closures.“Are you going to take responsibility when a child is killed by gang violence because you forced them to walk through a different neighborhood?” asked activist Jitu Brown, with the Kenwood-Oakland Community Organization.Board members listened to all the comments, but did not directly respond to the parents and teachers who spoke out against the closings.After the public comment period, the board voted to close 54 schools and programs, sparing four schools that had been targeted for closing.The district has said the school closings are necessary to address a projected $1 billion budget shortfall for next school year, as the district deals with declining enrollment.Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis was among those who spoke out against the school closings, and she criticized the board for voting yes before the public comment period was even over.“It’s just a terrible thing to do to people. You don’t

1. How do I make a smoothie without a blender?

While a blender is the easiest way to make a smoothie, you can also use a food processor or immersion blender. Alternatively, you can chop the ingredients finely and mix them together by hand.

2. Can I use frozen fruit in my smoothie?

Absolutely! Frozen fruit can actually help create a thicker and creamier texture in your smoothie. Just make sure to thaw it slightly before blending.

3. What is the best liquid to use in a smoothie?

Water, milk, and juice are all popular options for the liquid base of a smoothie. For a healthier option, try using coconut water or almond milk. You can also add a splash of green tea or coffee for an extra boost of flavor.

4. How do I make my smoothie sweeter without adding sugar?

Instead of adding sugar, try using natural sweeteners like honey, agave nectar, or dates. You can also use sweet fruits like bananas or mangoes to add sweetness to your smoothie.

5. Can I make my smoothie ahead of time?

Yes, you can make a smoothie ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. Just make sure to give it a good shake or stir before drinking, as the ingredients may separate. You can also freeze your smoothie in an airtight container and thaw it in the refrigerator the night before for an easy grab-and-go breakfast option.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sarahsellcm
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
emcreel1
Replies
Views
janezapchef
  • scottcooks
  • Products and Tips
Replies