• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Farmers Market Experiences - Share Yours!

In summary, the conversation is about Farmers Markets and how they can benefit small businesses. Participants discuss the cost of renting a kiosk at a local Farmers Market, the success they have had with selling at these markets, and how they handle orders and pricing. Some participants also mention other types of markets, such as French Markets, and their experiences with those. Overall, the conversation shows that participating in a Farmers Market can be a great way to increase sales and get exposure for a business.
ChefEileen
Gold Member
Hello everyone;

For those of you that set up a a Farmers Market, I would like to hear your views on it. Good or Bad.

Our local Farmer's Market has a Kiosk for rent for $100 a month and I am serious considering renting it. Is that a good price? Do those of you who have a space do well and how do you handle the orders? Do you do cash and carry or do you just take orders and do direct ship?

Any info is appreciated

Thank you

I do the Farmer's Market weekly, and I paid $100 for the entire season (June - October) For those who do it occasionally, it is $15 a week. I do both cash and carry, and I take orders, and deliver them the next week. It has been incredible for my business, with sales, bookings and recruit leads and 1 bridal registry. The cash and carry items I do are small things (butterers, corn nobs, etc) and people are ordering also. I have noticed in the last several weeks, that people are returning, week after week, some look at the catalog on-line, then come the next week and place their order.

Last edited:
mrssyvo said:
I do the Farmer's Market weekly, and I paid $100 for the entire season (June - October) For those who do it occasionally, it is $15 a week. I do both cash and carry, and I take orders, and deliver them the next week. It has been incredible for my business, with sales, bookigns and recruit leads and 1 bridal registry. the cash and carry items I do are small things (butterers, corn nobs, etc) and people are ordering also. I havbe noticed in the last several weeks, that people are returning, week after week, some look at the catlog on-line, then come the next week and place their order.

Wow, that is awesome! That's incredibly cheap too. What a great idea. Around here we also have "French Markets" which have more than just produce and flowers. There are many more booths and they seem to have more product type things and food and bakeries, etc. They're great, but they are also MUCh more expensive to be part of. I've looked into it, but haven't really moved on it. I know the one in my town has a PC consultant already, but I don't think she does every Sunday.

That's great it's worked so well for you!

Our Farmers Market is $15 per Sat 8am-12pm. I got a Consultant, and a show from the one I did last year.

Stephanie

ChefEileen said:
Hello everyone;

For those of you that set up a a Farmers Market, I would like to hear your views on it. Good or Bad.

Our local Farmer's Market has a Kiosk for rent for $100 a month and I am serious considering renting it. Is that a good price? Do those of you who have a space do well and how do you handle the orders? Do you do cash and carry or do you just take orders and do direct ship?

Any info is appreciated

Thank you

I wish my area had something like this..........

This Farmer's Market is all year round and it is open 6 days a week.

I am not sure when it closes during the week, I think 6:00 pm and it opens at 7:00 AM. Saturday's it is 7:00 am - 3:00 pm. Their busiest days are Friday's and Saturdays. I would do the two days to start and see how it goes. I feel if nothing else, I am getting my name out there.

Who do you approach at the farmer's market and what do you say so you can set up a booth??

How do y'all handle cash & carry? I don't quite know how that works.

Say you were selling spices. What price do you sell them at to cover shipping, tax, etc?

I really want to find some vendor booth opportunities this fall, but I don't know what exactly I'd be selling at what price, and how to make it worth it.

TIA!

I would have samples of some spices and recpies available and then have them place orders. This would give the chance to cross sell too!

Here is what I do. I have spices, and other items (corn nobs, Season's Best, etc) priced to include tax, (no tax on spices)- and When I re-order, I include it all the cash & carry on one order- (I eat the $4.00 shipping) and turn in 1 show that afternoon, so that I have my cash & carry replenished for the next week. I have always had enough orders so that it makes a show. I have NEVER had a week that the show was less than $300. It is usually $350+. Then, during the week, I will deliver the orders, or arrange for them to pick it up the next week at my booth.

cewcooks said:
Who do you approach at the farmer's market and what do you say so you can set up a booth??

I was talking to one of the other vendors and she told me to talk to the owner. He happened to be walking by her stand and I just asked him about the fees.

We have a farmers market thing here in my town, but there are only like 5 people set up there. I haven't ever thought it to be something that would be profitable for me.
That is so awesome that you do that well each week!!! Very cool!!

I am also seriously considering setting up at another one on Sunday mornings. I stopped in there today, and it is a really nice one, and close as well. I spoke to several vendors that said they prefer this one to the one I do on Saturdays, more traffic, profit, etc. I am now trying to decide if I want to give up both Sat & Sunday mornings. It is a great way to keep sale sup over the slow Summer time, and both go until the end of October. I think I am going to do both, BUT I will need to get myself organized in order to pull it off. I am so thankful that DH supports me in this, and he also comes along to help at times.

1. What is a Farmers Market Experience?

A Farmers Market Experience is a unique opportunity for you to connect with local farmers and artisans, and purchase fresh, locally grown produce and other goods directly from the source.

2. How can I find a Farmers Market Experience near me?

You can find a Farmers Market Experience near you by searching online for farmers markets in your area, checking local community event calendars, or asking friends and neighbors for recommendations.

3. What can I expect to find at a Farmers Market Experience?

At a Farmers Market Experience, you can expect to find a wide variety of fresh produce such as fruits and vegetables, as well as handmade goods such as baked goods, artisanal cheeses, and other locally made products.

4. Are all the products at a Farmers Market Experience organic?

No, not all products at a Farmers Market Experience are organic. However, many vendors do offer organic options, and you can always ask the farmer or artisan about their farming or production practices.

5. Can I bring my own bags or containers to a Farmers Market Experience?

Yes, we encourage you to bring your own reusable bags or containers to a Farmers Market Experience to help reduce waste and promote sustainability. Some vendors may also offer discounts for bringing your own containers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mrssyvo
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
mrssyvo
  • pattikake
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
leahevanson
  • Bill Faber