• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximize Your Facebook Reach with These Tips | Join Our FB Liking Club!

In summary, Jen Fong recently did a http://www.jenfongspeaks.com/getting-your-posts-seen-in-the-new-facebook/ with tips on how to get your posts seen, and one of the suggestions was to "form a collective".
NooraK
Gold Member
So, since this latest update on FB, my impressions* have gone from 150-200+ to 20-30 per post. Very frustrating. I know I don't have that many fans, but I also know that I'm personally frustrated with "Top Stories" and constantly only seeing the same thing over and over again. And I know I'm probably missing some good stuff.Personally, I've now created to lists for myself. One titled "Everyone" that includes all my friends, so I basically get the old newsfeed. The other is titled "Pages" so that includes all the Pages I like, so I can keep up with those too. Of course, I can't force my fans to do the same. Jen Fong recently did a http://www.jenfongspeaks.com/getting-your-posts-seen-in-the-new-facebook/ with tips on how to get your posts seen, and one of the suggestions was to "form a collective". In other words, get together a group of friends who like each others posts, because posts with more likes are more likely to show in Top Stories. Would anyone be interested in creating a collective like this?*Impressions are the number of times your post has appeared on someone's newsfeed. You can see the number of impressions under your post, on your page, if you're the Admin.***Here's a list that Sheila put together of all the posted pages thus far (I figured the first post would be a good place for it :) ):
Sheila said:
These are all the FB pages to "like" that are listed on pages 1-12 of this thread (through post #223):

"Like" each one, then you'll see a box pop up below the like button. Create a new list (I have mine titled Pampered Chef Pages). On the 2nd (and subsequent) page that you like, you can add it to that same group. Then you can click the interest list on your home FB screen (left column towards the bottom), see ALL the updates from just the Pampered Chef Consultants & go down & like each post each day without having to visit each individual page every day. (Of course it's fun to still visit them sometimes to see the other cool things that they might have done to upgrade their page.)
:DCover photos that you might be interested in using!

Last edited:
Re: Liking ClubI'd be more than happy to participate!! I've asked my friends in the past to occasionally like so that I can get more feedback numbers!

Re: Liking ClubCount me in!ETA Forgot to add..... I can be found at http://www.facebook.com/PamperedChefTeera

Last edited:
Re: Liking ClubI can do that too. Please help me out too.

I am already connected to Noora. My Facebook is https://www.facebook.com/Pampered.Chef.Powerhouse

Re: Liking ClubMe, too! http://www.facebook.com/kellercooks

Re: Liking ClubHere is my page...I'm liking everyone's pages here (that I'm not already on)https://www.facebook.com/kristendclark

Re: Liking ClubOK, so what I've done for myself is create a list called "Pampered Chef Pages" and I've added all the PC pages I'm a fan of to that list. I plan to go to it at least daily (FB is blocked at work, so that limits my access), and just go down the line and "like" each item that appears. I'm sure that will help several people who are not on CS, but I doubt they'll mind.

Re: Liking ClubLMBO!!! So THAT's why you liked my posts so much! I was surprised to see how much you were loving my posts! Thank YOU Noora for being the thoughtful and sweet person you are! You will shortly see the love was returned!

My only concern is that whenever anyone clicks on our names - Pc consultant is listed. It may not be a big deal unless our customers start liking everyone's pages...then if one consultant offers a deal, the customers will either expect us to offer the same or they will go to that consultant's sale. Maybe I'm just seeing problems where there are none?

Re: Liking ClubNoora, you tried to help me with the Lists thing before but it didn't work. I don't have Lists. :(

Re: Liking Club
Jolie_Paradoxe said:
LMBO!!! So THAT's why you liked my posts so much! I was surprised to see how much you were loving my posts! Thank YOU Noora for being the thoughtful and sweet person you are! You will shortly see the love was returned!

My only concern is that whenever anyone clicks on our names - Pc consultant is listed. It may not be a big deal unless our customers start liking everyone's pages...then if one consultant offers a deal, the customers will either expect us to offer the same or they will go to that consultant's sale. Maybe I'm just seeing problems where there are none?

I saw the return love, thank you!

Me liking other posts will only show in the ticker (which speeds by fast anyway) or on my profile, so someone will have to visit my profile to see it. If someone is a good enough friend to visit my profile, I would think them to be loyal to me as a customer. If another consultant was offering a deal that I couldn't match, and they really wanted to take advantage of it, I would hope it would be a one time thing. I have friends who may occasionally be invited to a show with a different consultant, and that's fine. There's plenty of business to go around.

Or at least that's what I tell myself...

Chef Kearns said:
Noora, you tried to help me with the Lists thing before but it didn't work. I don't have Lists. :(

Here are FB's instructions on creating a list: Facebook Help Center | Facebook

It's got a few images, which might make it easier to figure it out. Maybe you don't have anyone on a list yet, and that's why they don't show. Once you create a list, I'd bet they show up.

Re: Liking ClubAlright, I've gone through and done my second round of "likes" tonight. Hopefully we'll start seeing some positive impact on impressions soon.

Re: Liking ClubI'll play! www.facebook.com/SheilaLovesPCJane, your link is not working!Patti, now that you have over 25 (80+!) likes, you can change your username to something you like vs. all those numbers. :DThese are all the FB pages to "like" that are listed on pages 1-12 of this thread (through post #223):

"Like" each one, then you'll see a box pop up below the like button. Create a new list (I have mine titled Pampered Chef Pages). On the 2nd (and subsequent) page that you like, you can add it to that same group. Then you can click the interest list on your home FB screen (left column towards the bottom), see ALL the updates from just the Pampered Chef Consultants & go down & like each post each day without having to visit each individual page every day. (Of course it's fun to still visit them sometimes to see the other cool things that they might have done to upgrade their page.)
:DCover photos that you might be interested in using!

Last edited:
Sheila said:
Patti, now that you have over 25 (80+!) likes, you can change your username to something you like vs. all those numbers. :D

I'm thinking I saw that with the most recent updates you don't even need 25 likes anymore.

Facebook - choose a custom URL

Re: Liking ClubNoora..with making lists, how do you do it for "Liked" pages versus Friends list? I have the friends aspect down, but unsure how to do it for everyone's PC pages...

minirottie said:
Noora..with making lists, how do you do it for "Liked" pages versus Friends list? I have the friends aspect down, but unsure how to do it for everyone's PC pages...

Never mind...I think I have it now!!!

minirottie said:
Noora..with making lists, how do you do it for "Liked" pages versus Friends list? I have the friends aspect down, but unsure how to do it for everyone's PC pages...

There's a box in which you would type the name of a friend to add, and you can do the same for pages. It won't suggest any to you, so you'll have to find them. If you type "Pampered" or "Chef" you should find most of them.

Never mind...I think I have it now

There's a box in which you would type the name of a friend to add, and you can do the same for pages.

In the upper left hand corner of the box is a drop-down menu. It is automatically set of "friends" you have to switch it to "pages" in order to see the pages you have liked. I found a post that had instructions on it complete with screen shots. Without that, I would have not figured it out. I was able to do the lists with people, but I initially couldn't see the pages and that's what I wanted.

http://www.allfacebook.com/facebook-subscription-lists-2011-10

Last edited:
lt1jane said:
In the upper left hand corner of the box is a drop-down menu. It is automatically set of "friends" you have to switch it to "pages" in order to see the pages you have liked. I found a post that had instructions on it complete with screen shots. Without that, I would have not figured it out. I was able to do the lists with people, but I initially couldn't see the pages and that's what I wanted.

Want to share that post? :D

NooraK said:
Want to share that post? :D

you obviously posted this while I was googling the page I found and editing my original post so i could share it. :) Thanks Amanda for a link to a similar page.

Re: Liking ClubAdd me! http://facebook.com/CKsCooking

Re: Liking ClubErased this post because I deleted my facebook account.

Last edited:
Rhonda-Roo said:
I'm in too!! Pampered Chef Rhonda

I've liked everyone's page that is listed so far & liked at least one wall post for each person. Great idea!

ETA - I only have 19 page likes, so I'm pretty desperate for page "likes" anyway. lol

Hi Rhonda--I clicked "like" and will go back over at least once a day and "like" your posts. Thanks for returning the favors! :)

I noticed that when you share the host and guest specials in a post, you are including a screen shot of them. If you want, you can save the images I post on mine to your computer and upload them instead--that way you don't have the computer icons and stuff framing the images. ;) :) I have a Mac and there's a special way I can do a customized screen shot and can frame it up to not include the extra computer screen stuff, so I'm able to turn any of the flyers into a photo...just message me if I don't have one that you need and I'll get it for you.

Re: Liking ClubI just want to say thanks for this thread! and thanks for liking my page .. my stats went up this week :)

Re: Liking ClubCount me it, too! http://www.facebook.com/CookingwithBethany

Re: Liking ClubI've have gone on a "Liking" spree on Facebook but I've also seen some really neat posts that some of you have posted. Would it be wrong to "borrow" some of these ideas from one of our friends?

Re: Liking ClubI have no problems if someone "borrows" my status. Not all of mine are original. I have many kitchen tip websites bookmarked and will copy and paste whichever tips I like that day. If I see a lot I want to share, I post the link. I've gotten a lot of positive feedback since I started posting general tips. I will throw in the occasional commercial for PC products or monthly specials, but most of my posts are general. This keeps people tuned in because I'm not constantly sending them links that say "buy something from me...."

BTW, I will try to "like" today's posts this evening. I'm not posting anything from my personal FB side yet today. I was not feeling well and left work early today. I don't need the grief that you felt bad enough to go home for the day and then spent the day online.... Honestly, I have spent the day on the sofa doing nothing. I even left my son at daycare so I could get more rest. I have to wait until I should have been home from work to begin with...

Re: Liking ClubFeel free to borrow from me. If the post is a personal anecdote, I would appreciate that you gave me credit. Just a quick "Thanks, Noora" in a comment below suffices.

Re: Liking ClubFeel free to snag away. I am enjoying seeing what is posted on others' pages! :)

Re: Liking ClubDitto what the others said. I don't mind you snagging what I post. Just if it's something personal sounding that I write, try to customize it to your situation. And be sure to click "like", too! :D

Re: Liking ClubI've added all the new people in the thread to my PC list on FB! Now to get through and start liking more, but that may have to wait until tomorrow..I'm exhausted!!!!!!

Re: Liking ClubHere's mine http://www.facebook.com/CKsCooking#!/pages/Shalon-Pettibone-independent-consultant-The-Pampered-Chef/244560045580557
I post alot of food cooking tips if you like that sort of thing :)

Re: Liking ClubWell or atleast I think thats mine LOL

Re: Liking ClubTHAT was funny! LOL

babywings76 said:
Hi Rhonda--I clicked "like" and will go back over at least once a day and "like" your posts. Thanks for returning the favors! :)

I noticed that when you share the host and guest specials in a post, you are including a screen shot of them. If you want, you can save the images I post on mine to your computer and upload them instead--that way you don't have the computer icons and stuff framing the images. ;) :) I have a Mac and there's a special way I can do a customized screen shot and can frame it up to not include the extra computer screen stuff, so I'm able to turn any of the flyers into a photo...just message me if I don't have one that you need and I'll get it for you.

Thanks Amanda! I appreciate that.

I "liked" the new facebook pages that were added today & will be liking posts on those too. My page has 28 "likes" now. Movin' on up! LOL

Sheila said:
THAT was funny! LOL

ChefShalon said:

Yes! I was able to like your page now!!

Re: Liking Club:chef:....................

Last edited:
Re: Liking ClubThis is great and I'm having fun Liking all of your posts! lol

Re: Liking ClubI keep coming back to this thread & adding the new pages that are listed. I enjoy reading what others have wrote & am "liking" comments almost every day.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ally44
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
lfg8764
  • ChefPeg
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
  • Suzanne Johnson