• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Facebook Privacy Settings: How Do They Work?

In summary, Facebook privacy settings are tools that allow users to control who can see their posts, photos, personal information, and other content on the platform. They can be accessed by clicking on the small arrow in the top right corner of the homepage and selecting "Settings." There are three main types of settings: Who can see your posts, Who can contact you, and Who can see your personal information. These settings can be customized for each individual post and it is important to regularly review and adjust them for added security.
Shawnna
Gold Member
Ok...This is more for my kids than anything but I can't seem to find the answer so I am asking the experts...lol

If you privacy setting on Facebook are "friends only" how does that work if your "friends" have "friends" that you don't? My thinking is that your status, pictures, videos, etc. show up on their home page...so does that mean any of their "friends" see what you have posted? I know that there is a "friends of friends" setting but I'm still confused.

Can someone please explain that to me...

You can't be too careful with your children these days...my children are in high school, but I still want them to be safe.

Thanks for the help.

If they have it set to friends only, then only their friends can see it. When I click on a friend of a friend, I can't see their publications if they have marked them friends only.

The only thing to remember is that your friends can click "share" on items you post on your profile, post it on their profile, and then their friends can see those items. This is why I'm very selective about the pictures I post, because even if I set them as "Friends Only," I haven't explored to see if there is an option to disallow sharing, which means technically any of my friends could share my posted pictures on their walls, and thus with all of their friends.

1. What are Facebook privacy settings?

Facebook privacy settings are a set of tools that allow users to control who can see their posts, photos, personal information, and other content on the platform. These settings can be adjusted to limit the audience for your content to only friends, specific groups, or even just yourself. They also allow you to manage who can send you friend requests and who can see your profile information.

2. How do I access my Facebook privacy settings?

To access your Facebook privacy settings, click on the small arrow in the top right corner of your Facebook homepage and select "Settings" from the dropdown menu. From there, click on the "Privacy" tab on the left side of the page.

3. What are the different types of Facebook privacy settings?

There are three main types of Facebook privacy settings: Who can see your posts, Who can contact you, and Who can see your personal information. Within each of these categories, there are more specific settings that can be adjusted, such as limiting who can see your past posts or who can see your friends list.

4. Can I customize my Facebook privacy settings for each individual post?

Yes, you can customize your privacy settings for each individual post. When creating a new post, click on the dropdown menu next to the "Post" button to select who you want to share the post with. You can choose from options like Public, Friends, Only Me, or Custom to select specific individuals or groups to share the post with.

5. How can I make sure my Facebook privacy settings are secure?

To ensure your Facebook privacy settings are secure, it is important to regularly review and adjust them as needed. You can also enable two-factor authentication for added security. Additionally, be cautious about the information you share on Facebook and who you accept friend requests from to avoid any potential privacy breaches.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
  • Jules711
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
FelicityG92
  • WendyE