• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Extra Wording on E-Invitations?

In summary, the host is nervous about her show being listed as closing on Feb. 1st, since we plan to close on the 31st. She is entering in her e-mail list on the website for her and will be sending out her e-invitations this morning. She was wondering if I should add the following message to them: "Hope you can come! If you can't come but want to place an order, I thought I'd let you know that I am closing my show on Saturday after the party. Thanks!" I think it's a nice gesture.
babywings76
Gold Member
For my show this Saturday, the host is nervous about her show being listed as closing on Feb. 1st, since we plan to close on the 31st. I am entering in her e-mail list on the website for her and will be sending out her e-invitations this morning. I was wondering if I should add the following message to them:

Hope you can come! If you can't come but want to place an order, I thought I'd let you know that I am closing my show on Saturday after the party. Thanks!

Do you think that is tacky? Does it sound appropriate? Do you think it's needed? Since we close that day, she will not have the time to call everyone and follow up after the party. I sent a test one out to myself, and discovered that no where on there did it say the closing date. So I don't think I have to worry about people thinking they have till Feb. 1st. So now it's just a matter of do I give people additional info about her closing date. Any thoughts?

I think it's a nice gesture.

Why don't you just switch the closing date to the 31st?:confused:

ChefBeckyD said:
Why don't you just switch the closing date to the 31st?:confused:

The system won't let you enter the same date for the show and the closing date. It's an annoying glitch....

Kathy's_Kitchen said:
The system won't let you enter the same date for the show and the closing date. It's an annoying glitch....

Seriously? What about the big push to close shows the same day? (obviously I've never done that!:eek:) That is crazy! Has anyone reported this to the Tech Center?

Well, at first I was really annoyed that it wouldn't let me put the 31st as the closing date, but then when I realized that the e-mails to people didn't say the closing I felt better. That's why I'm putting in that extra comment in the e-invitations, so that people will know. I guess one way to think about the website date thing, is that by it being open to the next day, it doesn't disappear from your website and that might come in handy if heaven forbid your host doesn't close as promised. Then if they don't close on time, that gives you time to get on the Website and extend the day on there so more outside orders could be made online, and you don't have to re-enter the show just in the hopes that maybe someone was going to order through there. Does that make sense? (Wow, I love to make run-on sentences. hee, hee)

ChefBeckyD said:
Seriously? What about the big push to close shows the same day? (obviously I've never done that!:eek:) That is crazy! Has anyone reported this to the Tech Center?

It seems like I saw another thread on it the other day, but my memory is very faulty.... I guess it won't hurt if it gets reported again :) I've never closed a show on the same day either :D but am hoping too on Saturday as well.

babywings76 said:
Well, at first I was really annoyed that it wouldn't let me put the 31st as the closing date, but then when I realized that the e-mails to people didn't say the closing I felt better. That's why I'm putting in that extra comment in the e-invitations, so that people will know.

I guess one way to think about the website date thing, is that by it being open to the next day, it doesn't disappear from your website and that might come in handy if heaven forbid your host doesn't close as promised. Then if they don't close on time, that gives you time to get on the Website and extend the day on there so more outside orders could be made online, and you don't have to re-enter the show just in the hopes that maybe someone was going to order through there. Does that make sense? (Wow, I love to make run-on sentences. hee, hee)

I'm pretty sure you can always go back in (just view your closed shows) and change the date....so it shouldn't matter if they change it to being able to close on the same day.

Hi there!

I completely understand your concern about the closing date on the e-invitations. In my experience, it is always better to provide more information rather than less. I think adding a simple message like the one you suggested is a great idea. It lets guests know that they can still place an order even if they can't attend the party. Plus, it saves your host the time and effort of having to follow up with everyone individually. I don't think it comes off as tacky at all - it's just a helpful reminder for those who may not be able to attend. Ultimately, it's up to you and your host to decide if you want to include that message, but I think it's a nice touch. Thanks for considering all the details and good luck with your show!

1. What is considered "extra wording" on e-invitations?

Extra wording on e-invitations refers to any additional information beyond the essential details of the event, such as the date, time, location, and RSVP instructions. This can include dress code, gift registry information, or special requests.

2. Can I include my registry information on the e-invitation?

While it is not considered proper etiquette to include gift registry information on an invitation, some people do choose to include it. If you do decide to include registry information, make sure it is brief and discreetly placed at the bottom of the invitation.

3. Is it necessary to include a dress code on the e-invitation?

Including a dress code on the e-invitation is optional, but can be helpful for guests in planning their attire. If you do choose to include a dress code, make sure it is clear and concise, such as "cocktail attire" or "casual dress."

4. Can I customize the wording on my e-invitation?

Yes, you can customize the wording on your e-invitation to fit the tone and style of your event. Just make sure to include all the necessary information and keep the wording professional and polite.

5. What should I do if I need to include additional information on the e-invitation?

If you need to include additional information on the e-invitation, such as directions or parking instructions, consider including a link to a separate webpage or document with all the details. This will avoid cluttering the invitation and make it easily accessible for guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
lkprescott
  • Chozengirl
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies