• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's the Secret to Making Perfect Egg Tarts in a Brownie Pan?

In summary, the conversation was about making Egg Tarts using a Brownie Pan and using Pampered Chef products to prepare them. The recipe called for bacon but some participants wanted to make them meatless for Lent. The eggs were supposed to be runny but some did not like that and wanted to make them more firm. Suggestions were made to add vegetables and pantry seasonings to the recipe. The conversation also included tips on cooking the eggs and bacon in the Pampered Chef products and using different types of eggs. A rewritten recipe was shared at the end.
Jennie50
At the grocery store today, I saw a picture of Egg Tarts on the cover of the Food Network magazine. Fell in LURVE, and immediately wanted to try 'em in the Brownie Pan.

I was originally going to make them for a meatless Lenten meal tomorrow, but then noticed that the recipe called for bacon. Sure, I coulda left the bacon off, but THAT would've been a sacrilege. ☺

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/name-this-dish-egg-tart-recipe/index.html

Followed the recipe instructions fairly closely using PC products...I used the Pizza Cutter to slice one sheet of puff pastry into nine squares, then cut 1/3 of the second sheet in the box apart for the remaining 3 needed to fill all 12 wells. Baked the shells in the Brownie Pan at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Used the Course Grater for the havarti and the Fine Grater for the parmesan. I cracked medium eggs into some of the baked pastry shells, but they overflowed a bit, so I ended up beating the eggs for most of the rest and just pouring a little into each well (when we ate them, the yolks were really runny in the tarts where I had cracked the whole eggs, so I'll definitely stick to scrambled in the future). Cooked the bacon in the Small Ridged Baker in the microwave, then used the Mini Professional shears to snip the bacon and the chives over top of the eggs. Baked again for 12 minutes. Turned out pretty cute...perfect brunch recipe!

Attachments

• IMAG0765.jpg
    IMAG0765.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 713
this sounds great! with the scrambled egg base you could add veggies to it and some of the pantry seasonings as well.
the "IN" thing now is to have really runny egg yolks in your main dishes....yuck....so especially with the brownie pan, i would use a smaller egg or cook it a little longer....i will definitely be using this recipe...thanks so much!!

Looks yummy!

carlajanes said:
this sounds great! with the scrambled egg base you could add veggies to it and some of the pantry seasonings as well.
the "IN" thing now is to have really runny egg yolks in your main dishes....yuck....so especially with the brownie pan, i would use a smaller egg or cook it a little longer....i will definitely be using this recipe...thanks so much!!

Yeah, I used medium eggs (smallest I could find), but there still wasn't very much room, what with the puffed-up pastry and cheeses almost filling the wells. They would be cuter with the bullseye look, and I could have cooked them longer to try to finish the yolks, but I do think the recipe is intended to leave 'em runny (totally grosses me out!)...it says to bake until whites are set. It might be hard to get the eggs more done without making the pastry tough and overbaked, but I may try again.

I have a brunch coming up and this would be perfect. Did you increase the amount of all ingredients? Approx. how many large eggs would you need for making these scrambled style? bacon? cheese the same??

i agree jennie....i think quail eggs would probably work best....but....those aren't readily available everywhere.
i will play with it too and let you know if i find a way to make the yolks and whites firmer without the pastry getting tough! i don't like runny yolk either!!!! :yuck:

gailz2 said:
I have a brunch coming up and this would be perfect. Did you increase the amount of all ingredients? Approx. how many large eggs would you need for making these scrambled style? bacon? cheese the same??

Gail, I rewrote the recipe below, PC-style. As I said, this was my first go at it, so I may try to alter things a bit next time I try to make 'em.

Egg Tarts in the Brownie Pan

Ingredients
• All-purpose flour, for dusting
• 1 1/3 sheets frozen puff pastry (18-ounce package), thawed
• 3 strips bacon
• 1 cup shredded havarti cheese
• 3 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
• 4 - 5 large eggs
• Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
• Chopped fresh chives, for topping
Directions
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and use the Kitchen Spritzer to lightly grease the Brownie Pan with vegetable oil. Open one puff pastry sheet on a lightly floured Pastry Mat or Flexible Cutting Mat. Use the Pizza Cutter to slice the sheet into nine equal squares, then cut 1/3 of the second sheet in the box apart for the remaining 3 squares needed to fill all 12 wells. Fit into the Brownie Pan and use the Hold ‘n Slice to prick all over the sides and bottom of each. Bake until golden, approximately 10 minutes.

Meanwhile, use the Microplane Adjustable Coarse Grater to shred the havarti cheese and the Fine Grater for the parmesan. Microwave the bacon in the Small Ridged Baker, covered with Parchment Paper, for approximately 4-5 minutes. Use the Mini Professional shears to snip the bacon into bits, and to cut the chives into a 1 cup Prep Bowl. Break the eggs into the Small Batter Bowl, beat with Stainless Whisk, and season with salt and pepper.

Let the tart shells partially cool in the pan on the Stackable Cooling Rack. If the centers are very puffy, prick with a fork to deflate. Sprinkle evenly with the havarti and parmesan cheeses. Make a shallow well in the cheese in the center of each tart and use the Medium Scoop to pour egg into each. Top with the bacon, then return to the oven and bake until eggs are set, approximately 12 more minutes. Top with chives.

wow! thanks for this.

What is the best way to make egg tarts in the brownie pan?

The best way to make egg tarts in the brownie pan is to preheat the pan in the oven before adding the crust and filling. This will ensure that the crust cooks evenly and does not become soggy.

How do I prevent the egg tarts from sticking to the pan?

To prevent sticking, make sure to generously grease the brownie pan before adding the crust and filling. You can also use non-stick cooking spray for an even easier release.

Can I use store-bought pie crust for the egg tarts?

Yes, you can use store-bought pie crust for the egg tarts. Simply roll out the crust and cut it into circles to fit the brownie pan. Press the crust into the pan and fill with your desired filling.

How long should I bake the egg tarts for?

The baking time for egg tarts in the brownie pan will vary depending on the recipe and oven. It is recommended to check on the tarts after 15 minutes and then every 5 minutes until the filling is set and the crust is golden brown.

Can I use the brownie pan for other types of tarts?

Yes, the brownie pan can be used for a variety of tarts, not just egg tarts. You can make mini fruit tarts, quiches, and even cheesecakes in the brownie pan. Get creative with your favorite tart recipes!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies