• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Poaching Eggs: Tips & Techniques for Perfect Results

In summary, poach eggs by cracking them into a bowl and then putting them into a pan of simmering water. The chicken make a lot of noise, so be quick.
jnsr96
Hi...One of my customers asked for a tip on poaching eggs. Does anyone know of any tips or techniques on doing this? Thanks!

It's best to wear dark clothing and go in at night. The chicken make a lot of noise so you need to be quick ... Oh, wrong poaching. Tee-hee.

Sorry hon, I have NO CLUE, but I couldn't resist a little sillyness. :)

Butter a food prep bowl liberally. Crack the egg into it. Lower into a pan of simmering water and cover the pan with a lid for 3-5 minutes.

Remove onto toast, enjoy.

To poach directly in the water, crack an egg into a bowl - you'll pour it from the bowl to get a more controlled shape than cracking in directly into the water. If you use a measuring cup, like the 1-cup Easy Read, there's a spout and it'll be less messy. Use a wide pan, so that it's easier to get the eggs in and out - the 10" skillet is great. Fill it with a couple inches of water and add a teaspoon of white vinegar. The vinegar helps keep the white together. Bring the water to a simmer. Carefully slide the egg from the bowl into the water. Cook 2-3 minutes (which will result in set whites and runny yolks). Remove from water with a slotted spoon.

Crystal Patton said:
It's best to wear dark clothing and go in at night. The chicken make a lot of noise so you need to be quick ... Oh, wrong poaching. Tee-hee.

LOL - thanks for the laugh this morning. That was funny!

Ann said it perfectly, be sure to use the vinegar...it really helps!

Thanks so much!! I enjoyed the laugh too :)

I was hopin' it went over OK - I just couldn't NOT make a joke.

Hope your customer was successful!

Crystal Patton said:

Thanks for the laugh! I needed that today. :)

1. What is the best way to poach eggs?

The best way to poach eggs is to bring a pot of water to a simmer, add a splash of vinegar, and gently crack the eggs into the water. Let them cook for about 3-4 minutes, until the whites are set but the yolks are still runny.

2. How can I prevent my poached eggs from breaking apart?

To prevent your poached eggs from breaking apart, make sure to use fresh eggs and crack them gently into the water. You can also add a splash of vinegar to the water, which helps the whites to coagulate and hold the shape of the egg.

3. Can I poach multiple eggs at once?

Yes, you can poach multiple eggs at once by using a larger pot and adding more water. Make sure to give each egg enough space in the pot to cook properly.

4. How do I know when my poached eggs are done?

You can tell when your poached eggs are done by gently lifting them out of the water with a slotted spoon. The whites should be set and the yolks should still be runny. You can also use a timer for more precise cooking times.

5. Are there any alternative methods for poaching eggs?

Yes, there are alternative methods for poaching eggs such as using a microwave, poaching pods, or silicone cups. These methods may result in slightly different textures and cooking times, so it's best to experiment and find what works best for you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• legacypc46
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • bakinwithbacon
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ericadboone
  • byrd1956