• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pampered Chef Mystery Auction - Get Something Special!

In summary, this seller is selling a mystery box, and people are paying to find out what's inside. It's not clear whether this is legal, and the seller has only sold four boxes so far.
KellARooni
Can anyone explain what they are doing here???

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pampered-Chef-Gift-Certificate_W0QQitemZ300226232659QQihZ020QQcategoryZ31411QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Pampered Chef Gift Certificate

Everyone Gets Something!

You are bidding on a package and only a package and anything that comes in
that package is simply my gift to you!

There are 30 packages, and something in every package. Examples:

One package has a Gift Certificate for $60
One package has a Gift Certificate for $40
One package has a Gift Certificate for $20
One package has a Seasons Best Cookbook
Again, Every package has something!

Some packages weigh more than others. I am averaging everything out
S&H at $4.00 for the whole continental US.

This auction is in compliance with all of eBay's Terms and Conditions.
This is not a raffle, lottery, game of chance, giveaways, sweepstakes,
or charity. This auction is 100% legal and DOES NOT violate Ebay's or
Paypal's Terms of Services.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On May-22-08 at 07:14:15 PDT, seller added the following information:
THESE ARE MYSTERY ACUTIONS WE DO NOT KNOW WICH BOXES HAVE THE GIFT CERTIFICATES IN THEM

I don't think it is legal by Ebay's rules and should be reported. Weird that the seller has only 4 items sold!

It's already gone...

I'm sure it will be back. I looked at her feedback and she's done this a few times.

I reported it. Not sure if I will hear of the solution...???

That's a mystery box auction. Per eBay's rules, you can't sell chances in games, because that's gambling. But you can sell a box (the package in this case) and indicate that anything included in it is a gift from the seller. There's a whole sub-culture of mystery item auctions on eBay.

So people actually pay money to find out they were sent an empty box??

1. What is a Pampered Chef Mystery Auction?

A Pampered Chef Mystery Auction is a fun and interactive event where guests can bid on a mystery product from our collection. The item will be revealed once the bidding is closed, and guests have the chance to win it at a discounted price. It's a great way to add excitement and surprise to your Pampered Chef party or event.

2. How does the Pampered Chef Mystery Auction work?

During the auction, guests can bid on the mystery product by writing their name and bid amount on a piece of paper. The highest bidder will win the product at the end of the auction. The product will be revealed once the bidding is closed, and the winner can purchase it at the discounted price.

3. Can I participate in the Pampered Chef Mystery Auction online?

At this time, our Pampered Chef Mystery Auction is only available as an in-person event. We believe that the interactive and competitive nature of the auction makes it more enjoyable for our guests and helps create a fun and engaging atmosphere.

4. Are all Pampered Chef products available for the Mystery Auction?

Yes, all Pampered Chef products are eligible for the Mystery Auction. However, the specific product that will be auctioned off will be chosen by the consultant hosting the event. It could be a popular item, a new release, or a special edition product.

5. How often are Pampered Chef Mystery Auctions held?

Pampered Chef Mystery Auctions are held at the discretion of the consultant hosting the event. Some may choose to have it as a regular part of their parties, while others may only offer it for special occasions or promotions. You can check with your consultant or host to see if they will be including a Mystery Auction at your upcoming event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • AJPratt
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
Replies
Views
pcsharon1