• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Make Delicious Dulce De Leche Bites with Phyllo Cups

In summary, these were a hit at my Grand Opening and the recipe is easy to follow. I would recommend cooking them for 3-5 minutes rather than the 10-12 minutes directed in the recipe.
ChefJWarren
Gold Member
I made these for my Grand Opening and they were a hit!! Everyone loved them!! But, one tip--the recipe says to cook the phyllo cups for 10-12 minutes. Mine were black (good thing I practiced the night before!). Try only about 3-5 minutes. Only crumbs left.

Jessica

Hey Jessica - This is Kathy in Lewisville Welcome to Chef Success

Dulce Deleche Bites are so delicious There were a few left over at my sister's house and she went back to the kitchen and they were gone. Her hubby and 16 month old were asleep - Appears that the 6 year old ate the last thresss Can you say sugar rush! Even junior appetites love PC cuisine

Where is this recipe? Sounds very good.

It's in the current Season's Best cook book It uses phyllo dough and grated almonds and cinnamon for the cups and Dulce LeLeche sauce (caramel sauce) and cream cheese for the filling

Thank you Kathy. When are you leaving for conference. Must be very soon.

Tomorrow at 1 - I am trying to figure out all the zillions of things that need to be done and I am wondring what the one thing is that I will forget Just like every show - I always forget something

I am working on getting out 3 host packets before I leave too

Last edited:
Don't forget catalogs and the business opportunity flyers to hand out to everyone you meet that isn't a conference attendee. You may want to bring prize drawing slips, too because you'll want somewhere to write down their info so you can contact them later.

JAE thanks for the tip. I like the idea about the drawing slips!

ChefJWarren said:
I made these for my Grand Opening and they were a hit!! Everyone loved them!! But, one tip--the recipe says to cook the phyllo cups for 10-12 minutes. Mine were black (good thing I practiced the night before!). Try only about 3-5 minutes. Only crumbs left.

Jessica
Thanks for the tip, I haven't made them yet, but I want to.

Those were one of the recipes I've wanted to try since the SBCB came out but totaly forgot about them! Hmmm, I think I will make them for my Hostess appreciation party this fall!

They're incredible. I hate working with phyllo, though. If I make them again, I'll either use pie dough or wonton wrappers.

I didn't have any problem with the phyllo dough. I use the silicone basting brush for the butter. I did try using the kitchen spritzer which worked well
but it has to be rinsed thoroughly in hot water immediately. I think its just as easy with the SBB. Also, I ise the dough immediately upon taking it out of the fridge. Its impossible if it starts to dry out.
Also, I find it much easier to use whole almonds.
I didn't make them for a long time because I was afraid of the dough.

I plan to use the premade mini phyllo cups- how easy it that! I may try them at a bbq we have thursday, just because I am soo curious to taste them!

heat123 said:
I plan to use the premade mini phyllo cups- how easy it that! I may try them at a bbq we have thursday, just because I am soo curious to taste them!

I HATE working with phyllo and always just buy the pre-made cups. Mine always dries out on my b/c I do not work quick enough with it or forget to cover what I am not working with up. Way too much trouble for me!:rolleyes:

I had never used phyllo and didn't know it was hard to work with. Good thing because I would have expected the worst. I used it right out of the fridge and they were very thin, but I was extra careful and only tore about 3 (there were about 30 in the pack). I also used the silicone basting brush and that worked great! Thanks for the tip with the whole almonds, when grating the sliced almonds they kept sliding out and falling all over the place since they were so thin. Everyone was VERY impressed that I made them from phyllo sheets. I was known as Sandra Lee the rest of the evening!! I thought they were fairly easy to use and easy to make -- and this comes from a non-cook!!

1. What are Dulce De Leche Bites?

Dulce De Leche Bites are bite-sized treats made with a sweet and creamy caramel filling, coated in chocolate and topped with sea salt. They are perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth cravings!

2. Are Dulce De Leche Bites gluten-free?

Yes, our Dulce De Leche Bites are gluten-free and made with high-quality, all-natural ingredients.

3. How do I store Dulce De Leche Bites?

Dulce De Leche Bites can be stored at room temperature for up to 1 week, or in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. They can also be frozen for later consumption.

4. Can I use Dulce De Leche Bites in recipes?

Absolutely! These versatile bites can be used in a variety of recipes, such as topping for ice cream, filling for pastries, or even as a garnish for hot drinks.

5. Are Dulce De Leche Bites suitable for gifting?

Yes, our Dulce De Leche Bites make the perfect gift for any occasion. They come in a beautiful packaging and are sure to impress any recipient with their rich and decadent flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJWarren
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • sarahmarie
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies