• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Don't Use New Knives on Stoneware!!

I'm not sure what to do if this happens to me, but at least I know now.If you are using the knives on the stoneware, it's probably safe to use them. However, just be careful.
gilliandanielle
Passing on what has been passed on to me....good to know!!!

-----A heads up from a fellow director.

Just a heads up on the NEW KNIVES. Don't cut or slice anything on the
stones. I read the use and care and it didn't say not to. I have been using
them every day slicing and cutting different things trying to get the feel.
Today I cut rice krispies treats into squares in the 9 in. square baker and
it bent the tip of the knife up really bad. Just threw the box away today,
so now I have to fine something safe to send a knife back in. They are
sending a sticker....but I think they should send a warning so 70,000 knives
don't have to be sent back.

Gillian thanks for the heads up!! Yikes!

I used my knife last night to cut up rice krispies too and it didn't harm it? Do you think it's just a defect?

This is forged, high-carbon steel...it is harder than our self-sharpening knives!!! I use the knives on the stoneware, and I'll check out the U&C before I use the new knives, but I don't see why they would not be able to take stoneware!!

I don't know, I don't have one, but my director sent me this this morning and told me to pass it along. If it isn't harming the knives then great, but just be careful I guess. It could have just been a defect!?

Possibly a defect. I got out my use and care cards and it does not say anything about using them or not using them on stones. Maybe a new urban legend? There could be something in the CN that I missed, but I'm usually pretty thorough! I would try it (not at a show) and get it replaced if it did that.

That's really weird, because one of the selling points of stoneware is that you can cut things right on it! I would think the new knives wouldn't be more likely to bend than the old ones, right?

Hi there! Thank you for sharing this important information with us. As a fellow consultant, it's always helpful to learn from each other's experiences. I definitely agree that it would be great if the use and care guide included a warning about using the new knives on stoneware. In the meantime, I would recommend using a separate cutting board when using the stoneware to avoid any damage to the knives. Thank you again for passing on this valuable tip! Happy cooking!

1. Can I use new knives on stoneware?

No, it is not recommended to use new knives on stoneware. The sharp edges of new knives can scratch and damage the stoneware surface.

2. Why should I avoid using new knives on stoneware?

New knives have very sharp edges that can easily scratch and damage the stoneware surface. This can affect the appearance and durability of your stoneware.

3. Can I use old or dull knives on stoneware?

Yes, it is safe to use old or dull knives on stoneware. The dull edges of these knives are less likely to damage the stoneware surface.

4. What should I use to cut food on stoneware?

We recommend using a plastic or wooden utensil to cut food on stoneware. These materials are less likely to scratch or damage the stoneware surface.

5. Will using new knives on stoneware affect the warranty?

Yes, using new knives on stoneware may void the warranty. It is important to follow the care instructions to ensure the longevity of your stoneware and to keep the warranty valid.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PC Nut
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Crystal Patton
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
swinkate
  • MainStChef