• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Does the Mandoline Slice Cheese Well??

I don't like the mandoline for cheese either...including grating it....but that's my own personal issues
sarahlegare
I have a customer who is ordering the mandoline and wants to know if it slices cheese well. I'm sure it slices it, but is it easy/smooth to do? Anyone know? She's definately getting it, but isn't sure if she should get the cheese knife too??

I dont really like using it for cheese, but that may just be a personal preference :D

I'd get the cheese knife!

Spray it with Pam and see how it works first!I HATE using it for cheese.

I don't think it's intended for cheeses, except for the grating blade.

I don't like it for cheese. It ends up getting stuck or something and you are trying to still sell it while it's tearing up the cheese! good times!

I don't like the mandoline for cheese either...including grating it....but that's my own personal issues I think!! If she's slicing, I'd definitely reccommend the cheese knife.

I agree with the cheese knife. I don't even like it for grating cheese. I love it for everything else though.

Go for the cheese knife - I am not a big fan of the madoline to begin with - I love my forged cutlery instead -

We have a cheese knife or a DCG for cheese - use the grating blade for grating/shredding things like carrots, zucchini, cabbage, etc.

I tend to agree with most. If anything, use for grating and make sure that the cheese is cold, like 10 minutes in the freezer and it will grate nicely, other than that, deluxe grater and cheese knife.
Cheers

PamperedDor said:
Go for the cheese knife - I am not a big fan of the madoline to begin with - I love my forged cutlery instead -
I'm with ya there sister!

I love it for shredding cheese... and I have the best success with it when the cheese is room temp... no clumping and glides across very smoothly.

No cheese!! I hate using it for cheese, and slicing is definetly a pain!

1. What types of cheese can the Mandoline slicer handle?

The Mandoline slicer can handle a variety of cheeses, including soft cheeses like mozzarella and brie, as well as harder cheeses like cheddar and parmesan.

2. How thick can the Mandoline slice cheese?

The Mandoline has adjustable thickness settings, allowing you to slice cheese as thin as paper or as thick as 1/8 inch.

3. Is it difficult to clean the Mandoline after slicing cheese?

No, the Mandoline is designed for easy cleaning. The blades are removable for thorough cleaning, and the slicer can be washed in the dishwasher.

4. Can the Mandoline slice cheese without creating a mess?

Yes, the Mandoline has a built-in catch tray that collects the sliced cheese, preventing it from falling all over your countertop.

5. Is the Mandoline safe to use for slicing cheese?

Yes, the Mandoline has a hand guard that keeps your fingers away from the blades while slicing. However, it is still important to exercise caution and follow the safety instructions provided in the user manual.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• flemings99
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
flemings99
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
jbachen