• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Long Does a Carafe Keep Hot? - Kristi's Query

something like that. :)Kristi provides a summary of the conversation. The carafe that came with the $150 Cuisinart coffee maker lasts for hours and holds more liquid than the new carafe. The new carafe is just a thin layer of plating/paint, so it's not engraveable. It's easy to fill and clean. Kristi is considering buying the new carafe for herself.
KRISTI'SCOOKING
Does anyone know how longthe carafe keeps hot? I checked the product info guide and it just says "for hours".

Thanks, Kristi

For much longer than the carafe that came with my $150 Cuisinart coffee maker!!!! :eek:

I don't know about the new one but I used the old style one at work and it kept coffee hot all day. I filled it in the morning and if there was any left it would still be hot late afternoon.

Omg - like 18 hours. Seriously. It's ridiculous how long that thing stays warm.

So saying 12 hours would not be inaccurate?

Not at all - it'll stay warm for at least 12 hours in my experience. :)

Especially when you prime it as directed. Fill it with hot tap water while your coffee is brewing. It really helps it stay hot longer.

I have heard of Mom's keeping hot water ready for overnight feedings/mixing formula...and that in the morning, it's still piping hot!

I took the Carafe to a cold outside ball game and we forgot about the hot chocolate. The next moring my kids got up and had HOT chocolate for breakfast!

WOW!! I have one I bought last April when I hosted a show (before I signed). I've never even used it!!

I need to get that thing out of the box!!!

Shawnna said:
I don't know about the new one but I used the old style one at work and it kept coffee hot all day. I filled it in the morning and if there was any left it would still be hot late afternoon.

Oh, thank you!! I have the new one and the old one, and now I have a new use for my old one that is just sitting in my basement collecting dust! I will always have hot coffee at work now (that I brew myself - not the junk they give us!) - YAY! :)

When we sold coffee, I used the old carafe to bring hot coffee to a vendor event...I arrived at 7:30/8AM and it was still hot when I poured the remaining amount out at 4PM...not scalding, but certainly it was a hot cup coffee.

I always tell people this story about the carafe at shows:"When my kids were little, my neighbors and I had a playgroup where we'd rotate who would host it each week. So, every 8 weeks, I'd host and offer coffee cake and coffee to the moms, and juice and snacks for the kids. After everyone left and I had cleaned up, I would always forget about the coffee in the carafe. One time, I poured myself a cup of coffee from the carafe THE NEXT DAY and it was STILL WARM! (not hot, but warm!) I think that says a lot about how this keeps drinks hot for a long time!"

Because the carafe is essentially a thermos, if you follow the basic rules you can get more "life" from it. One of those tips is that the more liquid that's in it, the warmer (or cooler as the case may be) it will stay. A full carafe stays hotter longer than if there's a single cup in it.

So, for those of you who have the old and new style...is the new one as good as the old? When the new one first came out there was a lot of complaints about the material it was/is made of. Do you like it any better now?

How easy is it to fill and clean? I'm wondering about the size of the opening, which isn't in the literature.Seriously considering buying this for myself!I'm a tea drinker btw...

Shawnna said:
So, for those of you who have the old and new style...is the new one as good as the old? When the new one first came out there was a lot of complaints about the material it was/is made of. Do you like it any better now?
The new one looks a little fancier on a table, although it's just a thin layer of plating/paint, so it's not engraveable. I sold my old one to a Cheffer, so I haven't done a side-by-side comparison, although I think they perform the same. The new one holds more liquid.

CookingwithMary said:
How easy is it to fill and clean?

I'm wondering about the size of the opening, which isn't in the literature.

Seriously considering buying this for myself!

I'm a tea drinker btw...
It's fairly easy to fill and clean, especially if you have a long-handled brush to get all the way to the bottom of the inside. (I know where you can get one of those. ;) )

I'm too lazy to get up and measure it, but I'd say the opening is about 1 3/4 to 2 inches. It's plenty big when you're pouring water in from a coffeepot or teakettle.

1. How long does a carafe typically keep hot?

The length of time a carafe can keep hot varies depending on the type of carafe, the material it is made of, and the temperature of the liquid being stored. In general, a carafe can keep hot liquids hot for 2-4 hours.

2. What factors affect the heat retention of a carafe?

The material of the carafe, the type of insulation used, and the temperature of the liquid being stored can all affect the heat retention of a carafe. Additionally, the condition of the carafe, such as any cracks or damage, can also affect its ability to keep liquids hot.

3. Can a carafe keep both hot and cold liquids at the desired temperature?

Yes, most carafes are designed to keep both hot and cold liquids at their desired temperature. However, it is important to note that some carafes may be better at retaining heat than others, so it's important to choose one specifically designed for your intended use.

4. How do I properly clean and maintain my carafe for optimal heat retention?

To maintain the heat retention of your carafe, it is important to clean it regularly and according to the manufacturer's instructions. This may include hand washing with warm, soapy water and avoiding harsh chemicals or abrasive scrubbers. It is also important to check for any cracks or damage and replace the carafe if necessary.

5. Can I use a carafe for storing hot liquids overnight?

While some carafes may be able to keep liquids hot for longer periods of time, it is generally not recommended to store hot liquids in a carafe overnight. This can affect the taste and quality of the liquid and may also compromise the safety of the container. It is best to use a carafe for immediate serving or short-term storage.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• LisaAnn
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
PamperedDor
  • raebates
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
  • chesse