• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do You Have to Refrigerate Bread Pudding?

In summary, the conversation was about making bread pudding and baklava bars for Easter dinner. The speaker asked if the bread pudding needed to be refrigerated and also shared their recipe for it, mentioning that they added extra cinnamon. They also shared a recipe for baklava bars and talked about adjusting the amount of walnuts and fillo shells used. The conversation ended with a request for deviled egg recipes.
KellyTheChef
Gold Member
I made some this morning to take for Easter tomorrow. Do I need to refrigerate it since there's so much milk and eggs in it?

Yes, you would need to refrigerate it. Did you make it in the DCB? It would be really easy to heat up in the micro if you did!

I LOVE Bread Pudding! It's the ultimate comfort food for me.

No...I wanted more surface area = more "crust" so I did it in the square baker.

Thanks for the quick answer!!

My Dad and both of his brothers LOVE it, so I am making it for our family Easter dinner.

I made these super easy Baklava bars (use sugar cookie dough as the base and crumble up the little pyhlo dough crusts to make them crunchy and having a similar texture to baklava) and they turned out well too!

I need to get my deviled eggs done now! (or at least make up the filling today and assemble them tomorrow...)

RECIPES?!?!? please?

Here is the bread pudding one. Of course, I NEVER make a recipe without changing it...I used an entire package of day old crissonts (about 10+ cups cubed) and added some of our Cinnamon Plus. Other than that, the rest of the ingredients are the same as what it calls for.

I WANTED crust on the bread pudding, so I did not cook it in a water bath. Instead, I reduced the temp of the oven to 325. Took about 70 minutes to cook.

Bread Pudding
Submitted by: MIEN
Rated: 5 out of 5 by 141 members Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour Ready In: 1 Hour 10 Minutes
Yields: 12 servings

"Milky and sweet, this delightful bread pudding gets drenched in a creamy vanilla-laced sauce. Serve warm."
INGREDIENTS:
3 cups bread cubes
4 cups scalded milk
3/4 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 eggs, lightly beaten 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Butter an 8x8 inch glass baking dish. Soak bread in hot milk for five minutes. Stir in 3/4 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon butter, salt, eggs, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Pour into the baking dish.
3. Line a roasting pan with a damp kitchen towel. Place baking dish on towel inside roasting pan, and place roasting pan on oven rack. Fill roasting pan with boiling water to reach halfway up the sides of the baking dish. Bake for 60 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
4. While pudding cools, combine 1 cup sugar, 1/2 cup butter, cream, and 1 teaspoon vanilla in a large saucepan. While stirring, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and stir 3 minutes more. Spoon over warm bread pudding.

This recipe appears in our "Allrecipes cookbook". Buy it online at http://www.shopallrecipes.com/
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2008 Allrecipes.com Printed from Allrecipes.com 3/22/2008

ETA: I used the square baker cuz I was already using my rectangle baker!

Here are the baklava bars. It only called for 8 of the 12 phylo shells to be used. I decided to crumble up 8 and add to the filling part, then crumble the remaining 4 on the top before baking the second time. I also decreased the amount of chopped walnuts to 1 cup.

Baklava Bars (Cookie Mix)

292 Ratings
53 Reviews
Prize-Winning Recipe 2007! Love classic Baklava? Fall in love with an easy way to get the same Greek signature flavors using cookie mix and crushed fillo shells.

Prep Time:25 min
Start to Finish:2 hr 50 min
Makes:24 bars

Cookie Base
1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1 egg
Filling
1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon salt
8 frozen mini fillo shells (from 2.1-oz package)
Glaze
1/3 cup honey
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
Garnish
5 tablespoons honey

1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom only of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray.
2. In large bowl, stir cookie base ingredients until soft dough forms. Press dough in bottom of pan. Bake 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, stir walnuts, granulated sugar, 1/4 cup butter, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and the salt with fork until mixture is well mixed and crumbly.
4. Sprinkle nut mixture evenly over partially baked base. With hands, crumble frozen fillo shells evenly over nut mixture. Bake 18 to 20 minutes longer or until golden brown.
5. Meanwhile, in small microwavable bowl, microwave 1/3 cup honey, 2 tablespoons butter, the brown sugar, lemon juice and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon uncovered on High 1 minute or until bubbly. Stir in vanilla.
6. Drizzle honey mixture evenly over fillo. Cool completely, about 2 hours.
7. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Before serving, drizzle 1/2 teaspoon honey over each bar. Store covered at room temperature.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): In step 2, bake crust 17 minutes.

Nutrition Information:

1 Serving: Calories 250 (Calories from Fat 130); Total Fat 14g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 1g); Cholesterol 25mg; Sodium 115mg; Total Carbohydrate 29g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 21g); Protein 2g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 4% Exchanges: 2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 2 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

Last edited:

1. Can I leave bread pudding out at room temperature?

No, it is not recommended to leave bread pudding out at room temperature for more than 2 hours. Bread pudding contains dairy and eggs, which are highly perishable and can lead to foodborne illnesses if left out for too long.

2. How long can I keep bread pudding in the refrigerator?

Bread pudding can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. After that, it is best to discard any leftovers to avoid the risk of food poisoning.

3. Can I freeze bread pudding?

Yes, bread pudding can be frozen for up to 3 months. Make sure to wrap it tightly with plastic wrap and place it in an airtight container before freezing. Thaw it in the refrigerator before reheating.

4. How do I reheat bread pudding?

You can reheat bread pudding in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-20 minutes. Alternatively, you can also reheat it in the microwave for 1-2 minutes. Make sure to cover it with a damp paper towel to prevent it from drying out.

5. Can I leave bread pudding out during a party or event?

No, it is not recommended to leave bread pudding out for more than 2 hours, even during a party or event. It is best to keep it refrigerated and bring it out only when serving. Discard any leftovers after 2 hours.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
baychef
  • straitfan
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • kam