• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discontinuation of Chillzane Products: Why?

In summary, it has been confirmed that Chillzane products are being discontinued due to the increased cost of production. The price would have had to be raised significantly, making it unaffordable for customers. However, there is a possibility that they may be reintroduced if production costs go down in the future. The rising cost of oil is also affecting plastic prices and there may be a return to paper and glass containers in the future. It is recommended to purchase Chillzane products now before they are completely gone.
Jeannie Inskeep
Any idea why Chillzane products are being discontinued??

I heard something about them becoming more expensive to manufacture, and they would have had to raise the prices too much to make them worthwhile. This is third hand, though...

My director said the same thing... that the price would have to go up something like $15 and item.

All Chillzane are discontinued you can sell up til 8/31/08 or while supplies last

thanks for the info!

Jenni said:
My director said the same thing... that the price would have to go up something like $15 and item.

That's right but I heard (from I think Marla on stage at Nat Conf) like $10 per item. The suppliers raised their cost too much for PC to absorb and they felt it was too much to pass on to our customers.

Actually it is varied from $15 to $20 per product. That came from the Product Room people. The Sectional Server would have had to go up by $20. The Rectanlge was going up by, I think that was $18 or $19 and each of the bowls by $15. PC just could not justify passing that expense along to our customers and could not afford to absorb it either because we sell so many. However, this may not be the last we see of them. If production/raw materials prices go down, PC is willing to look at re-adding them to the line. And only time will tell that. The way the economy is going, no way. Oil prices are driving plastic prices way up. I even heard at a super market that we may see the days of paper and glass milk containers again. It be better for the environment too and way less costly.

pampered1224 said:
I even heard at a super market that we may see the days of paper and glass milk containers again. It be better for the environment too and way less costly.

That would be awesome! I always recycle my plastic milk cartons, but hate how wasteful they are (esp. when others don't recycle them - they'll just sit in a dump for thousands of years! :(

I'm telling people that oil prices are driving up the cost of plastic and are making the prices too high for Chillzanne, and PC wasn't going to pass that price hike to the customer, so they're just not selling them - SO GET THEM NOW!! :)

pampered1224 said:
Actually it is varied from $15 to $20 per product. That came from the Product Room people. The Sectional Server would have had to go up by $20. The Rectanlge was going up by, I think that was $18 or $19 and each of the bowls by $15. PC just could not justify passing that expense along to our customers and could not afford to absorb it either because we sell so many. However, this may not be the last we see of them. If production/raw materials prices go down, PC is willing to look at re-adding them to the line. And only time will tell that. The way the economy is going, no way. Oil prices are driving plastic prices way up. I even heard at a super market that we may see the days of paper and glass milk containers again. It be better for the environment too and way less costly.

Thanks John! Your info is very valuable! I did not know that they MIGHT introduce them back in, IF the prices of production /raw materials go down! I was at conference but I didn't ask detailed questions like you!!! Thanks for passing that along to us! I love this board for this reason, I get a lot more info here than I do anywhere else! :thumbup:

cathyskitchen said:
That would be awesome! I always recycle my plastic milk cartons, but hate how wasteful they are (esp. when others don't recycle them - they'll just sit in a dump for thousands of years! :(

I'm telling people that oil prices are driving up the cost of plastic and are making the prices too high for Chillzanne, and PC wasn't going to pass that price hike to the customer, so they're just not selling them - SO GET THEM NOW!! :)
Thanks for sharing what you say. It's nice to learn what others are saying so that we can be informed as pass along good knowledge too!:)

pampered1224 said:

Thanks. Good to know. I thought I heard $10 (maybe it was "over $10") but regardless, it's good that HO is thinking of us and our customers. Thanks for asking the questions.

Either Marla or Jean said it would have been $15 or $20 per item. This is the e-mail I sent to people on my list titled: LAST CHANCE FOR CHILZANNE!

Hi friends!

I just returned from Pampered Chef National Conference. I promise to update you later on new products that are coming out for the fall line ... but of a more immediate nature ... I need to tell you about some very popular items that are being discontinued.

The Chilzanne line has always been widely popular, and for good reason. I will use as an example the only piece of Chilzanne I have, the rectangular server. The bottom of this server lives in your freezer. The flat side will hold dividers for veggies, dip, crackers and cheese, chips and dip, whatever. All of this sits in a handy container with a lid, meaning your veggie tray will never drip condensation on your table. And use the other side of the base instead, and you have 24 compartments for eggs, chocolate covered strawberries, anything you want to sit out and keep fresh and cold.

The ENTIRE CHILZANNE LINE (which also includes a sectional server, a small bowl and a large bowl) is being discontinued effective Aug. 31. (I expect it to be sold out before then, frankly.) The supplier was hitting Pampered Chef with a massive increase, one that neither you nor we would stand for.

If you'd like to get them before they're gone, this is your chance.

Other discontinued items are listed in the attachment, or on the news section of my personal web site at website/dianesmith Items that are going also include the insulated tote, which will tote everything from a large bar pan to a deep covered baker to a chilzanne bowl to a church picnic and keep it hot or cold, vanilla stoneware, the small and medium round stone, and the medium and rectangle rack, just to name a few.

If you're thinking of getting any of these items for holiday giving, please notify me right away.

Di, have you had many responses?! Your letter is GREAT!!! I hope you don't mind if I use it?!

Thanks!!

Posted it so people could steal it!!!

Nope, no responses, but I just sent it today. I plan to go through my customer receipts (hard copies, due to the P3 crash) troll for e-mail addresses and send some of these out to my customers this week. I've also seen that I can send e-mail through customer connection ... not sure if I can do anything other than their pre-arranged templates.

cathyskitchen said:

Let's pray for paper...glass would be heavy and dangerous if broken! :eek: I know we are all sad about the Chillzanne. I am trying to get the word out, but not many have bitten. As soon as Sept.1 hits, then everyone will probably ask about them again!!:grumpy:

It made me think of Tupperware and the effects their company may see. Any plastic products (made from oil) are going to see an increase. Thanks Di- I used your list for my website. Great!!

Thanks for posting all the "what I am using to create a need" stuff! I wasn't sure how to phrase it make people look. Just telling them the price would be to high to keep it going was well, bland at most. Thanks! I was curious so I decided to check it out. I don't think the person telling me the "maybe" stuff was supposed to tell me that but... I bit the hook and went for it. I haven't talked my Tupperware lady in ages so I am wondering if they too are finding it harder to price manage as well.

1. Why are some Chillzane products being discontinued?

At Pampered Chef, we are constantly evaluating and updating our product line to provide our customers with the best and most relevant products. After careful consideration, we have decided to discontinue certain Chillzane products to make room for new and innovative products.

2. Will all Chillzane products be discontinued?

No, not all Chillzane products will be discontinued. Only select products that are no longer meeting our quality standards or are not in high demand will be discontinued. Our goal is to always offer the best products to our customers.

3. Can I still purchase Chillzane products?

While some Chillzane products will be discontinued, there are still many available for purchase. You can check our website or contact your Pampered Chef consultant for a list of available Chillzane products.

4. Will there be replacements for the discontinued products?

We are always working on developing new and innovative products to replace discontinued ones. However, we cannot guarantee that there will be a direct replacement for every discontinued Chillzane product. We encourage you to explore our other products and see if there is an alternative that meets your needs.

5. What should I do if I have a discontinued Chillzane product?

If you have a discontinued Chillzane product, you can continue to use it as normal. However, if you experience any issues or concerns, please reach out to our customer service team for assistance. You may also consider looking into our current products for a potential replacement.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • higoobs
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Rhonda Reid
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Products and Tips
Replies