Deep Dish Covered Baker

Discussion in 'Recipes and Tips' started by Kathytnt, Dec 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kathytnt

Kathytnt

I am needing some ideas for this - Even different Roasted chicken ideas I just got one and it is so cute. Can't wait to use it

Hope everyone has a wonderful New Year!!

2. Grandmarita

Grandmarita Gold Member

One of the best recipes you could ask for, is in this F/W Season's Best. The
    Caramel Bread Pudding. Everyone raved about it, and it did create sales for
    the Deep Dish Covered Baker. You don't have to buy the individual caramels and unwrap them - just buy Smuckers Caramel Topping, instead.

3. SusanBP0129

SusanBP0129

I agree! It is DELICIOUS! (I also used a jar of caramel instead of doing all that unwrapping!!)

4. jentapp

jentapp

The bread pudding is AWESOME. I've also been using mine for roasting meats in the microwave when I don't have time to put them in the oven (we have a crazy schedule 5 days/wk). Tonight I'm making BBQ chicken (using Mr Yoshida's Sweet Hawaiian BBQ sauce and chicken tenderloins). I've also done BBQ country style boneless pork ribs (to DIE for), pork roast, beef roast, boneless turkey breast roasts (all just using the regular seasonings).

I've even thrown brown rice with water/seasonings into it and put it in the oven before heading out for a couple of hours and the rice was done to perfection when I got home (cool oven, maybe 275).

5. cooking.with.ann

cooking.with.ann Gold Member

WOW! This is reason enough for me to order one! I'm trying to get that big microwave off of my limited counter space, but rice was the big problem for me. If this works for me this will be the solution!

Thanks for the hint!

6. straitfan

straitfan Gold Member

Over the holidays I made spinach artichoke dip in it and took it to several get-togethers. Everyone oohed and ahed over the baker!

7. LisaAnn

LisaAnn Future Director Silver Member

I made "Green Bean Casserole" in mine for the holidays.

8. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Gold Member

....and I did a big pot of baked beans in mine for a Family dinner over the holidays! I am doing all soups for Jan. shows, but for Feb, I think I'm going to do the Caramel Apple Bread Pudding or the Roast chicken for all my shows!

9. Grandmarita

Grandmarita Gold Member

In addition to the Caramel Apple Bread Pudding, our Jamaican Pork Tenderloin recipe in All the Best, is my absolute favorite. We are having it tonight. I cook all three pounds that generally come in the package, and freeze several portions for later meals. I use parsnips and carrots, as well as the sweet potatoes or red potatoes and the apples and onions, and coat them with the seasonings, and place on top of the meat. Everything is roasted in the preheated 425 degree oven in less than one hour. It is a real crowd pleaser!
    I will be offering it for my February parties. It went over well in September too!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.