• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking a Roast in the Deep Covered Baker - Tips & Tricks!

In summary, the Deep Covered Baker is a versatile kitchen tool that can be used to cook various types of roasts, including beef, pork, and chicken. It works particularly well with cuts of meat that are typically cooked at a low temperature, such as brisket or pot roast. No extra liquid is needed when cooking with this baker, as the meat will cook in its own juices. The cooking time will vary depending on the size and type of roast, but a general rule is about 20 minutes per pound of meat. It's important to use a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature reaches the recommended level. Additionally, the Deep Covered Baker can also be used to cook vegetables alongside the roast, resulting in a flavorful side dish. And
MomToEli
Deep Dish Baker...er, Deep Covered Baker!I would like to cook a roast in the DDB this evening and have no idea how to go about it. Just drop in the roast, some potatoes, some carrots and some onions? Do I need to add any liquid? How long should I cook it for? I have a 3 lb round sirloin tip.

My family will thank you ;)

Last edited:
No one cooks in this?

Or I'm such a thread killer that I kill my own threads ....

In the DDB, not the DCB, right?
I would season it however you like. Being that you will have veggies, I would recommend some liquid but not too much & cover it with foil or the stoneware bowl if you have one. How long depends on how well done you want it.

I guess I'm not too helpful....:(

I don't make stuff like that unless I am using the DCB or the old stoneware lid for the 9x13.

I like cooking my roasts in water and 2 packets of Lipton Onion Soup.

So, I'm assuming you already ate dinner tonight????

Well .... now that you've asked and I've looked ...

:eek: I mean the Deep Covered Baker!! :eek:

I'm such a somethin' sometimes, ya know?

Yes, I've eaten dinner. I did a tenderloin since I was sure what I was doing with that. I'm up for doing a beef roast in it tomorrow, though!

If I could only find a smilie of me pulling the covers over my head ...

What type of roast works best in the Deep Covered Baker?

The Deep Covered Baker works well with most types of roast, including beef, pork, and chicken. However, cuts of meat that are typically cooked at a low temperature, such as brisket or pot roast, work particularly well in this baker.

Do I need to add liquid when cooking a roast in the Deep Covered Baker?

No, you do not need to add liquid when using the Deep Covered Baker. The baker's unique design allows the meat to cook in its own juices, resulting in a tender and flavorful roast.

How long does it take to cook a roast in the Deep Covered Baker?

The cooking time will vary depending on the size and type of roast you are using. As a general rule, plan for about 20 minutes of cooking time per pound of meat. However, it's important to use a meat thermometer to ensure that the internal temperature of the meat reaches the recommended temperature for the specific type of meat you are cooking.

Can I use the Deep Covered Baker to cook vegetables with the roast?

Yes, the Deep Covered Baker is great for cooking vegetables alongside the roast. Simply place the vegetables around the roast in the baker and they will cook in the meat's juices, resulting in a delicious and flavorful side dish.

Do I need to preheat the Deep Covered Baker before cooking the roast?

No, there is no need to preheat the baker before cooking the roast. The baker is designed to be used in a cold oven, making it a convenient and time-saving cooking method.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
  • basketmom2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Loveh20mi