• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Difficulty Squeezing Plastic - What Do You Think?

squeezing the sides and then pushing the icing out the bottom, they've been great!I don't like these as much as my decorator bottles. They're hard to fill, hard to squeeze, and the tips pop off all the time.
AmieCream
I don't own this set, but a customer wanted to know if they are difficult to squeeze. Is the plastic really hard...what do you think???

I'm an avid cake decorater myself so I decided to buy these and check them out. A friend also recommended them to me. I figured hey why not I'll try them out. :thumbdown:I do NOT recommend them at all. They are hard to fill, hard to squeeze the top and tips pop off all the time:grumpy:. I much prefer my bags to them. That is the experience I've had with them. Perhaps someone else has more insight.

I have never had any luck with bags and LOVE my decorator bottle set!! I think they are not hard to fill at all (I use a butter knife), they are very easy to squeeze, I have never had my tops pop off. Plus, I thought they would be hard to clean, but the enclosed brush makes it super easy. I sell lots of these and my customers love them also!!!

Oh forgot, the plastic is not hard plastic. You squeeze from the bottom, pushing it down and it "gives" easy.

I like them, and have also used traditional piping bags many times before. I don't find them hard to clean and I think they're great for kids' small hands as well as novice decorators who just want to give their treats a little flair.

I love this product.... I have never had a problem with the top coming off. I find them very easy to squeeze, and clean! I think if you are of of those people who can work a bag thats great but I'm not so I use the bottles. I put the frosting in a ziplock & cut the corner to fill bottles fast and easy!

I fill them like Jenni said, so they are easy to fill.

Pastry bags may be "easier" or you are able to fill them with more icing at a time, but they are NOT kid friendly...nor are they friendly to a novice decorator. These bottles are! When they first came out, my DSS helped me decorate an easter egg cake and had a ball! He was able to use them very easily!

My tip- don't let the icing sit in them. When you are done, squeeze as much icing out of the bottle as you can, then run REALLY HOT tap water into them and let sit. Most of it will dissolve and come right out. The small amount that doesn't will come clean with the swish of the brush and soapy water!

They are made "accordian like" so you squeeze down and they fold up on themselves to push the icing out. Very easy!

I don't think they are hard to use, and they are easy to clean. But I also think that if someone is really into cake decorating, than these would be frustrating.

For children, they are perfect! I used them for a cookie decorating show I did as a fundraiser for a Brownie Troop, and those girls had a ball using them!

I have them & I love them. I do a lot of cake decorating & find the bottles are so much easier on my hand than a pastry bag. I sell a ton of these. They are great for kids, but also for people with arthritic hands as the squeeze so easily.
I fill mine as Jenni does (ziploc). Super easy to clean.

Thanks you guys! I really appreciate it!

I LOVE my decorator bottles. I really like them for kids, or even older people with arthritis is their hands. They are very easy to squeeze and I just use my small spreader to fill them and it is really easy once you get into a rhythm!

I love these too -- and I use them for a lot more than icing. We put caramel or chocolate in them for drizzling over desserts, or dips for making pretty garnishes on appetizers.

I didn't ask the question but I was comming on here to do that, thanks for the advice and letting me know the good &bad points. I wanted them for a kids cooking class so I am glad to know they are good for kids to use. Thanks!

In my opinion this is another of those products that's just not for everyone. Here's what I tell customers who ask about them:I love them. They're easy to use and to clean. Now, if you're an accomplished decorator who loves using parchment or decorator bags, this may not be the product for you. Most of us aren't, though, and my customers love the Decorator Bottle Set.

The first time I tried them I was not pleased. But when I discovered the way to fill them using the baggies as Jenni and Kelly recommended, I changed my mind. Last week I took cupcakes to my PC/baby shower show for the guests to decorate.

We used the spreaders to frost the cupcakes; then we decorated them using the bottles. Everyone loved them! I took white and pink frosting and they were adorable decorated! I also took some chocolate frosting in the EAD for those chocolate lovers. The guests decorated their own cupcake. Even the teenage girls came back to decorate more!

One note: I would not recommend doing a PC baby shower--very few guests ordered. I guess they figure they are already bringing a gift and don't want to spend any more money. But, I have been kicking around the idea of doing a cupcake show!

I love my set!! They are easy to fill. A little awkward but easy none the less. My 5 year old son had no trouble squeezing out the icing and clean up is a snap. I put them in the dishwasher (top rack) with a glass over top so they don't get blown out of position from the water pressure. Works like a charm. I use them all the time.

Good luck to you!

rachelmaxine said:
I love my set!! They are easy to fill. A little awkward but easy none the less. My 5 year old son had no trouble squeezing out the icing and clean up is a snap. I put them in the dishwasher (top rack) with a glass over top so they don't get blown out of position from the water pressure. Works like a charm. I use them all the time.

Good luck to you!

Good tip. Thanks.

What causes difficulty squeezing plastic?

Difficulty squeezing plastic can be caused by several factors, such as the type of plastic, temperature, and the strength of your grip. Some plastics are naturally harder to squeeze than others, and extreme temperatures can make them even harder to manipulate. Additionally, if you have weak hand muscles or arthritis, you may struggle with squeezing plastic.

How can I make squeezing plastic easier?

There are a few things you can try to make squeezing plastic easier. First, try warming up the plastic by running it under warm water or placing it in a warm environment. This will make the plastic more pliable and easier to squeeze. You can also use tools like a jar opener or rubber grip pads to provide more traction and help you get a better grip on the plastic.

Are there any specific products that can help with difficulty squeezing plastic?

Yes, there are several products designed specifically to make squeezing plastic easier. For example, Pampered Chef offers a plastic squeeze bottle with an easy grip design and a silicone valve that helps control the flow of liquids. We also have a jar opener that can help you get a better grip on hard-to-open plastic jars and containers.

Is there a certain technique for squeezing plastic?

Yes, there are a few techniques that can make squeezing plastic easier. First, try using your entire hand to squeeze instead of just your fingers. This will distribute the pressure more evenly and make it easier to manipulate the plastic. You can also try twisting or rotating the plastic as you squeeze to help loosen it.

Can I use heat to make plastic easier to squeeze?

Yes, using heat can help make plastic easier to squeeze. However, be cautious when using this method, as excessive heat can damage some types of plastic. It's best to start with warm, not hot, water and gradually increase the temperature if needed. You can also try heating the plastic in short intervals with a hairdryer or heat gun, but be sure to keep it moving to avoid melting or warping the plastic.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
minirottie
  • lisacb77
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
lisacb77
  • lindsaym
  • Products and Tips
Replies