• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Use Other Tips on the Decorator Bottle Set?

In summary, members of the conversation shared various tips on filling and using the Decorator Bottle set. Suggestions included using standard sized tips from other brands, using a small bamboo spoon or flexible funnel, and using a plastic bag to transfer the frosting into the bottles. Some members also mentioned issues they've had with the set, such as the caps popping off and the plunger breaking. However, others found the set to be well-made and easy to use with the right techniques.
jesikaransom
Good Afternoon Cheffers!!

Question for you all... I was asked this at a show this weekend and knew you would all be able to help!!

Can you use other tips on the Decorator Botttle set? Like from Wilton?

I don't personally own them other wise i would try.

TIA!!!

Yes you can!

All standard sixed tips would fit. The tips that are really big will not.

Speaking of these, can anyone share an "easy" way to fill the bottles? I think they are very well made, but I hate trying to put icing in them....so messy!!

Thanks!!

Paula R. Lewis said:
Speaking of these, can anyone share an "easy" way to fill the bottles? I think they are very well made, but I hate trying to put icing in them....so messy!!

Thanks!!

I use the small bamboo spoon. It's the easiest way I've found to fill it.

If it's liquid enough (if you warmed the frosting) you could use the flexible funnel also.

The Small spreader works too for filling.

The V-Shaped Cutter works great; esp. if it's a thinner frosting.

I use our Micro-scraper #1702, to fill the decorator bottles..

Hmmm....sounds like I need to make some frosting, and "experiment" a bit! Lots of choices here....thanks, everyone!!

Anyone else, please feel free to add!! <grin>

I put the icing in a plastic bag and squirt it out into the bottles.

Chef Gilles said:
I put the icing in a plastic bag and squirt it out into the bottles.

While this seems like an extra added step, I agree that it would be the easiest! That's my only beef about the decorator bottles. They're really hard to fill without making a mess. BUT...my kids love them!!

I've not checked the Use & Care, but they really should have suggestions on how to fill them. I had one customer tell me she threw her set in the trash because she couldn't figure out how to fill them up without a huge mess.

I use a baby spoon that has a silicone or rubber coating... it works really well!

Aside from filling them, I had problems with my set when I tried using them. As I squeezed them, I guess it also changed the shape of the top of it where the cap screws on. So the cap would pop off all the time. Anyone have a tip to using these? Is my set faulty or is it user error?

Your set sounds faulty, Amanda. I've never had that problem.

Growing up I was a cookie maker and had a couple of sets of icing "syringes" that I used for decorating. Like the Easy Accent Decorator only small. I just had to toss my icing syringe because the plunger broke. (I was putting the lemon curd in the Lemon cookies from Simply Sweet) I need to replace these and would rather do so with a PC product but I don't think I want the Decorator bottles. It just looks like getting the icing in them would be a pain. Syringes are easy because tips go on one end but icing loads from the other. Anyone care to dissuade me from being unfaithful - as someone else put it!?!??!

I find it really easy to put in frosting simply by using the small spreader. I scoop up a glob and the hold the spreader with the tip up and scrape the frosting into the bottle. (I don't actually stick the spreader into the bottle, though I might use it to push excess frosting down in.)

1. What is included in the Decorator Bottle Set?

The Decorator Bottle Set includes three different sized bottles, three decorating tips, and a storage cap. It also comes with a recipe booklet for inspiration.

2. Are the bottles dishwasher safe?

Yes, the bottles are dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. However, we recommend hand washing the decorating tips for best results.

3. Can I use the bottles for hot liquids?

No, the Decorator Bottle Set is not recommended for use with hot liquids. It is best to use with room temperature or chilled liquids.

4. Can I use the bottles for food coloring?

Yes, the bottles are great for adding food coloring to frostings, batters, and other mixtures. Just be sure to clean the bottles thoroughly after use to prevent staining.

5. Are there replacement tips available?

Yes, replacement decorating tips are available for purchase separately. They come in a variety of shapes and sizes for even more decorating options.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BethanyN
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • christina78
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
  • babywings76