• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Needed with Decadent Dessert Cup Recipe

In summary, the recipe for Decadent Dessert Cups calls for using a Mini Tart Shaper to form the brownie cups. The brownies didn't stick to the tart shaper, but the white chocolate didn't melt well. The cream cheese mixture was also too whipped and too sweet. The strawberries, cream cheese, and sugar mixture was delicious, but the orange zest was a little too sharp.
Pamperedhrcant
Hi All,

I am new to PC and have booked several cooking shows, I got a recipe for Decadent Dessert Cups, I have a few questions, because I tried cooking it at home and it was a disaster. I am considered a pretty good baker and normally bake most things from scratch.

So if anyone know this recipe (I have posted it at the bottom of this message) and can help me out I'd appreciate it.

1) Is there some secret to using the Mini Tart Shaper? I have used this before on raw dough, but this recipe calls for it to be used 5 minutes after the brownies come out of the oven. Well the brownies stuck to it. So quite a few of the brownie cups were ruined.

2) The white chocolate didn't melt well, it was too funny and the filling itself was too chunky so it wouldn't press through the decorator.

If anyone has tried this recipe before i would really appreciate some feedback Thanks!

Hope C

DECADENT DESSERT CUPS

1 pkg. Brownie mix

2 oz. White Chocolate

2 Tbsp. Milk

1 pkg. Cream Cheese

1/4 C. Powered Sugar

1 C. Whipped Topping

1 Pint Fresh strawberries

2 eggs & 1/4 C. oil & water (for brownie mix)

Directions: Preheat oven to 325 degrees (Remember to lower your oven to 325 instead of 350 when using a dark pan like our Mini Muffin Pan). Spray two Mini Muffin Pans with Baker's Joy (because it has flour in it – don’t use PAM – it will leave a film on your muffin pan). Mix brownie mix according to box directions for fudge like brownies. Using Small Stainless Steel Scoop, fill each muffin cup a "heavy" 2/3 full. Bake 12 minutes or until mostly done. About five minutes after taking out of the oven, use Mini Tart Shaper and push brownie down to form brownie "cups”. Continue cooling "cups" in tin about 5 minutes and remove with Citrus Peeler (using anything metal will scratch the finish on the Muffin Pan). Place on Nonstick Cooling Rack and set aside.

Melt white chocolate together with milk in Covered Micro Cooker for 1 minute on high. Stir until smooth with Super Scraper (you might have to zap it a few more seconds - don't overcook!!!). Set aside and cool slightly. In 2 Qt. Batter Bowl or 4 Piece Colander and Bowl Set, combine softened cream cheese with powdered sugar; mix well. Gradually stir in white chocolate mixture; mix well. Fold in whipped topping. Place into Easy Accent Decorator using Medium Stainless Scoop and attach "star" tip. Proceed to fill each brownie cup. Hull fresh strawberries with Tomato Corer, slice with Egg Slicer Plus and decorate with one or two slices. Zest fresh orange with Lemon Zester/Scorer or Micro Planer over top of dessert cups. Serve on Celebration Plate or frozen Chillzanne Platter. Makes 48 cups!

I have made those before and everything turned out really good! Yes, the brownies sort of stuck to the tart shaper so i starting dipping the tart shaper into flour and then shaping the brownie! did you soften the cream cheese before combining with sugar? I used a plastic bag to pipe the mixture into the cups! My family absolutely loved them! They ate them all before lunch!

white chocolate is really delicate. Even though it says to melt it in the microwave for a minute, you should do that minute in 15-second increments, stirring each time.

Instead of using flour, which is white, use cocoa baking powder. just remember that after you dip the tart shaper into the cocoa, to tap the tart shaper off, then shape the brownies.

This way the white won't show up and you have a touch of cocoa added

~

Thanks so much for all of your advice. I bake all the time so I was quite frustrated when they didn't turn out well. I will try again! :)Hope

Ann's right... it sounds like you scorched the chocolate.

Pamperedhrcant said:
Thanks so much for all of your advice. I bake all the time so I was quite frustrated when they didn't turn out well. I will try again! :)

Hope
Isn't that the worst feeling? When you try something new that's not that different from things you usually do, and it's a disaster? Luckily, most PC recipes are pretty forgiving. :)

And I bet that even if they looked terrible, they tasted pretty good...

You can also spray the tart shaper with Pam or spritz it with some oil when pressing into the brownies so it doesn't stick.

Also- (found this out the hard way when making the truffle brownie bites again yesterday) do NOT make them "cakelike" don't ask me what I was thinking...I did that and they would NOT press down, they just kept popping back up!

And...don't do it when they are too hot....and don't press down like you are trying to get all the way to the bottom, just enough to make an indentation. The first time I did them, I tried to make too deep of a well and the sides fell apart when I tried to take them out of the MMP.

BTW- I saved them yesterday...used the petite paring knife and cut out some of the inside and then filled them!

I definitely scorched the chocolate. I will try all of your suggestions. Thanks!Hope

Hope-

I have a question for you...did you have extra brownie mix even after you filled all 48 cups?

I made them and i had a little bit left after 48 cups!

Thanks...they seemed like they were big enough (I used our small scoop to fill each well) but I still had enough left over to make a small skillet brownie in our 8" saute....not that having an extra brownie is a problem!! LOL

What ingredients do I need for the Decadent Dessert Cup recipe?

The ingredients for this recipe include:

• 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
  • 1/4 cup chocolate hazelnut spread
  • 1/4 cup chocolate chips
  • 12 mini phyllo cups

Can I use a different type of spread instead of chocolate hazelnut?

Yes, you can use any type of spread that you prefer. Some popular alternatives include peanut butter, caramel sauce, or fruit preserves.

Do I have to use mini phyllo cups or can I use a different type of crust?

The mini phyllo cups provide a convenient and easy-to-use crust for this recipe. However, if you prefer, you can use a graham cracker crust or even make your own crust using crushed cookies and melted butter.

Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the filling for these dessert cups up to a day in advance and store it in the refrigerator. When you are ready to serve, simply fill the phyllo cups and top with chocolate chips.

How many servings does this recipe make?

This recipe makes 12 mini dessert cups, so it serves 12 people. However, you can easily double or triple the recipe to make more servings for a larger group.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
MaryannNic
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies