• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Peanut Butter Molten Lava Cake: My Experience

In summary, the edges of the cake cooked faster than the middle. The cake was still edible, but the edges were tougher.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I made the peanut butter molten lava cake for the first time tonight and had a question. After cooking for 10 minutes, the edges (about 2" in from the sides) appeared done but the middle didn't. I put it back in for 2 minutes (directions said 10-12 minutes). It still didn't appear done so I did another 1 1/2 minutes followed by another minute. The very middle still didn't seem done but I was worried about overcooking it. I let it set for 10 minutes as directed and served it. The very edges were a little tough but the rest of the cake seemed fine. Just wanted to see what everybody else's experience has been.

I usually cook mine for about 10 minutes and let it sit. It looks a little wet in the middle, but it always turns out.

Another question - with the peanut butter, it seemed to just stay chunked up and sink into the cake. Maybe I should do smaller scoops?

I use the medium scoop for both the frosting and peanut butter. You could try the smaller one - it might work better.

It could also be the brand of Peanut Butter you use. I noticed that some are dryer than others and stay pretty much in the same blob. I've had good luck with creamy Jif. I do my cake covered for 11 minutes and it's always just right. Take it out, remove lid and let it rest for 15 or so minutes. The frosting blends with the PB into a nice oozy goo on the bottom and I scoop some out with each section of cake I dish out.

babywings76 said:
It could also be the brand of Peanut Butter you use. I noticed that some are dryer than others and stay pretty much in the same blob. I've had good luck with creamy Jif. I do my cake covered for 11 minutes and it's always just right. Take it out, remove lid and let it rest for 15 or so minutes. The frosting blends with the PB into a nice oozy goo on the bottom and I scoop some out with each section of cake I dish out.

Thanks! We had skippy on hand. Maybe I'll try it again tomorrow (have a show next weekend) and leave the lid on this time. My husband won't mind more cake!

What ingredients do I need to make Peanut Butter Molten Lava Cake?

To make Peanut Butter Molten Lava Cake, you will need 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour, 1/4 cup of cocoa powder, 1/4 tsp of baking powder, 1/4 tsp of salt, 1/2 cup of creamy peanut butter, 1/4 cup of unsalted butter, 1/2 cup of granulated sugar, 2 large eggs, and 1 tsp of vanilla extract.

Can I use natural peanut butter instead of creamy peanut butter?

Yes, you can use natural peanut butter in this recipe, but it may affect the texture and flavor of the cake. Creamy peanut butter is recommended for the best results.

What size ramekins should I use for this recipe?

You will need four 4-ounce ramekins for this recipe. If you do not have ramekins, you can also use a muffin tin lined with cupcake liners.

Do I need to refrigerate the leftover lava cakes?

Yes, any leftover lava cakes should be refrigerated in an airtight container. They can be reheated in the microwave for about 15-20 seconds to warm up the center before serving.

Can I substitute any of the ingredients in this recipe?

Yes, you can substitute different types of nut butter, such as almond or cashew butter, for the peanut butter. You can also use a gluten-free flour blend to make this recipe gluten-free. However, any substitutions may affect the overall taste and texture of the cake.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefnene
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Rhonda-Roo
  • sunset424
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
almondfarm
  • BettieC