• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dcb Microwave Recipes for Beef?

The times might be microwave, but the technique is not. The chuck roast takes about 3 hours in the oven, so it would not be a good option for a microwave roast.
jeninthekitchen5
Has anyone tried to do a roast in the microwave...did it get tender enough? I have tried the roasting chicken, fajitas, bbq pork tenderloin, white chicken chili, and a turkey tender loin, but no beef yet in the microwave. I know you can put it in the regular oven, but I'm looking for a quicker version.

wow! no one???

jeninthekitchen5 said:
wow! no one???

Apparently not, since no one responded. ;-)

I am hoping PC comes out with a DCB cookbook!!

I'd try something with a smaller cut of beef before I tried something like a roast... like maybe beef fajitas with some steak on top instead of the chicken breasts. I'd hate to experiment with an expensive piece of meat and have to toss it because it's like leather!

I've done a chuck roast and it was great... you just have to cook it quite a bit longer... like 40 minutes. I had a host who did the roast and veggies and she said it took about an hour but it was great!

I dont know if I'd ever give up my crock pot roast! I love the all day cooking smell! In fact I'm smelling it right now! mmmmm! I'm soooo hungry, but the family isn't ready to eat yet :(

I agree with vw though, I want to see a DCB cookbook! There is so much you can do with it! I'd hope that if they do it, that a good sized section will be for microwave use!!!

vwpamperedchef said:
I am hoping PC comes out with a DCB cookbook!!

That would be awesome!

I would LOVE to see an all microwave DCB cookbook (and so would many of my customers). Imagine selling them together, or an after sale, once they get DCB home and want to use it more.

jeninthekitchen5 said:
I would LOVE to see an all microwave DCB cookbook (and so would many of my customers). Imagine selling them together, or an after sale, once they get DCB home and want to use it more.

I would love to see a DCB cookbook :love:, but I personally would also like it to include oven recipes as well. It's great in the microwave, but I also like baking things...

Maybe I'm weird? :confused: :p

ChefJoyJ said:
I would love to see a DCB cookbook :love:, but I personally would also like it to include oven recipes as well. It's great in the microwave, but I also like baking things...

Maybe I'm weird? :confused: :p

You are NOT weird! I love using it in both ovens. It's just simply a CLW piece... can't live without!

quiverfull7 said:
I've done a chuck roast and it was great... you just have to cook it quite a bit longer... like 40 minutes. I had a host who did the roast and veggies and she said it took about an hour but it was great!
Are these times microwave?

1. How do I use the Deep Covered Baker to cook beef in the microwave?

To use the Deep Covered Baker (DCB) for beef recipes in the microwave, first preheat the DCB in the microwave for 5 minutes. Then, place the seasoned beef in the DCB and cover it with the lid. Microwave on high for the recommended cooking time, stirring or turning the beef halfway through. Use caution when removing the lid as it will be hot.

2. Can I cook frozen beef in the DCB in the microwave?

Yes, you can cook frozen beef in the DCB in the microwave. However, it is recommended to thaw the beef first for more even cooking. If cooking frozen, you may need to extend the cooking time by a few minutes.

3. What cuts of beef are best for cooking in the DCB in the microwave?

The DCB is ideal for cooking tender cuts of beef such as tenderloin, sirloin, and ribeye. These cuts are best for microwave cooking as they are naturally tender and do not require long cooking times.

4. How do I know when the beef is fully cooked in the DCB?

The best way to know when the beef is fully cooked is to use a meat thermometer. The internal temperature should reach at least 145°F for medium-rare, 160°F for medium, or 170°F for well-done. If you do not have a meat thermometer, you can also check for doneness by cutting into the thickest part of the beef and making sure it is no longer pink.

5. Can I use the DCB to cook beef with vegetables and other ingredients?

Yes, the DCB is great for cooking beef with vegetables and other ingredients. Just make sure to follow the recipe instructions and adjust the cooking time accordingly. It is recommended to cut the beef and vegetables into uniform sizes for more even cooking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BethCooks4U
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • lorilynn95
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • AmyDare