• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Dcb Hamburg Recipe | Easy and Quick Meal Idea

In summary, the author suggests cooking a South of the Border Meatloaf in the oven or in the microwave using either a recipe from the pantry or a mix of ingredients.
Monty060609
Any one have a suggestion?

I finally got my Christmas present from my sister, and SURPRISE it was a deep covered baker LOL. Now I'm dying to try it out. I just took some hamburger out of the freezer for tonight so the next step is to find a recipe to try out.

TIA

You could make the Glazed Teriyaki Meatballs and Noodles that is on the catalog cover and in the Weekday Dinners...Done!

There's also the South of the Border Meatloaf in the SBRC.

This doesn't have an official name but we usually call it Cheeseburger Pie. Prior to the DCB, I cooked it in the oven:
1 pound or so of ground beef, cooked, crumbled and drained
2 cans of cheddar soup
1 can cream of chicken (or mushroom)
------or, just use three cans of cheddar
1 small bag frozen southern style hashbrowns
1 pack (2 cups) shredded cheese
Mix ground beef, soups and hashbrowns together and pour in baking dish. Bake at 350 for approximately an hour. Remove and sprinkle shredded cheese on top; return to oven until cheese has melted.
Now with the DCB, I mix everything together but put it in the microwave for about 25 - 30 minutes. Add the shredded cheese and put back in for a few minutes.
Oh, salt and pepper to taste. It is also good topped with ranch dressing or ketchup.

The PC recipe South of the Border Meat Loaf is really good (copied and pasted from the PC website below. Or you can make whatever meat loaf you normally make and it's just as good, even the McCormick seasoning packet meat loaf. 1 cup (250 mL) finely chopped poblano or green bell pepper
1 medium onion (1/2 cup/125 mL finely chopped)
1/2 cup (125 mL) very finely crushed authentic restaurant-style tortilla chips (about 1 1/2 cups/375 mL whole chips)
1 cup (250 mL) ketchup
2 tbsp (30 mL) Chipotle Rub
1 1/2 lbs (700 g) 85% lean ground beef
1 egg
1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
Chopped fresh cilantro (optional)Directions:
1. Finely chop peppers and onion with Food Chopper. Place chips into large resealable plastic bag; very finely crush using Meat Tenderizer to measure 1/2 cup (125 mL) crumbs. Combine ketchup and rub in Small Batter Bowl; stir with Small Mix ‘N Scraper®. In Stainless (6-qt./6-L) Mixing Bowl, combine pepper, onion, tortilla chip crumbs, 3/4 cup (175 mL) of the ketchup mixture, beef, egg and 1 cup (250 mL) of the cheese; mix well.
2. Place meat mixture in Deep Covered Baker; form into an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-in. (22 x 12-cm) loaf. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 14-17 minutes or until Digital Pocket Thermometer inserted in center of meat loaf registers 145°F (63°C). Remove baker from microwave. With Chef's Silicone Basting Brush, brush remaining ketchup mixture over meat loaf. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 3-5 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160°F (71°C) in the center.
3. Sprinkle remaining cheese over meat loaf; cover and let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Sprinkle cilantro over meat loaf, if desired.

Thanks everyone. I fully intended to make the meat loaf until hubby decided to try cooking on his own without me and believe it or not he messed it up.
So that recipe will have to wait. :)

What is a Dcb Hamburg Recipe?

A Dcb Hamburg Recipe is a delicious and easy-to-make meal that uses Pampered Chef's Deep Covered Baker (DCB) to cook the hamburgers and vegetables all in one dish.

What ingredients do I need for a Dcb Hamburg Recipe?

The ingredients for a Dcb Hamburg Recipe include ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, garlic powder, salt, pepper, onion, bell pepper, and any other desired vegetables. You will also need the Pampered Chef Deep Covered Baker.

Do I need to preheat the Deep Covered Baker before using it for a Dcb Hamburg Recipe?

Yes, it is recommended to preheat the Deep Covered Baker in the oven for 15 minutes at 400°F before using it to cook the hamburgers and vegetables. This will ensure even cooking and prevent sticking.

How do I assemble the Dcb Hamburg Recipe in the Deep Covered Baker?

Start by mixing together the ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, and seasonings in a bowl. Then, form the mixture into patties and place them in the bottom of the Deep Covered Baker. Next, add the chopped vegetables on top of the patties. Cover the baker with the lid and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes.

Can I use frozen ground beef for a Dcb Hamburg Recipe?

Yes, you can use frozen ground beef for a Dcb Hamburg Recipe. Just make sure to thaw it completely before mixing it with the other ingredients and forming the patties. This will ensure that the meat cooks evenly in the Deep Covered Baker.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
cincychef
  • emo812
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies