• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Nuking a Cut-up Chicken: Tips & Time?

In summary, it is recommended to nuke a cut-up chicken for 8-10 minutes, though the exact time may vary based on microwave wattage and chicken size. It is important to cover the chicken while nuking it and use a meat thermometer to ensure it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. Whole chickens can also be nuked, but cutting them into smaller pieces is recommended for more even cooking. Seasoning the chicken before nuking is possible, but make sure to cover it to prevent splattering. Leftover chicken can be used in various dishes and should be stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
pjpamchef
Silver Member
I have nuked a whole chicken many times, with great sucess, but my DH purchased a cut up chicken! Anyone know how long and if there are any differences???

i do chicken breasts in about 10mins. Set it for 7 and then check on it.

Yep, I've done chicken breasts/thighs all the time - about 10 minutes is good. Sometimes a bit longer if it's still half frozen when you start.

Thanks guys!!!

Hi there! I'm so glad to hear that you have had great success with nuking a whole chicken. As for your question about a cut up chicken, the cooking time may vary slightly depending on the size and cut of the chicken. I would recommend following the same guidelines for cooking a whole chicken, but checking the internal temperature of the pieces with a meat thermometer to ensure they are fully cooked. Additionally, you may want to cover the chicken with a damp paper towel while nuking to help retain moisture. I hope this helps and happy cooking!

1. How long should I nuke a cut-up chicken for?

The recommended time for nuking a cut-up chicken is 8-10 minutes for 2-3 pounds of chicken. However, the exact time may vary depending on your microwave's wattage and the size of the chicken pieces. It is important to use a meat thermometer to ensure the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F before consuming.

2. Do I need to cover the chicken while nuking it?

Yes, it is important to cover the chicken while nuking it. This helps to trap steam and prevent the chicken from drying out. You can use a microwave-safe lid or plastic wrap to cover the dish. Just make sure to leave a small vent for steam to escape.

3. Can I nuke a whole chicken instead of cut-up pieces?

Yes, you can nuke a whole chicken in the microwave. However, it will take longer and may not cook evenly. It is recommended to cut the chicken into smaller pieces for more even cooking and to ensure it reaches a safe internal temperature.

4. Can I season the chicken before nuking it?

Yes, you can season the chicken before nuking it. In fact, adding seasonings and marinades can enhance the flavor of the chicken. Just make sure to pat the chicken dry before seasoning and to cover it while nuking to prevent the seasonings from splattering.

5. Can I use the leftover chicken for other dishes?

Absolutely! Nuking a cut-up chicken is a great way to meal prep for the week. You can use the leftover chicken in salads, sandwiches, soups, casseroles, and more. Just make sure to properly store the leftover chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Roadtripray
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
  • Loveh20mi