David Meenan on YouTube

Discussion in 'Facebook and Online Marketing' started by NooraK, Feb 2, 2011.

1. NooraK

NooraK Gold Member

YouTube - The Pampered Chef

So, this was going around on FB the other day. It wasn't posted by him or any other consultant, so it doesn't violate the Policy Guide.

I had heard that he sings at his shows, but I guess I didn't realize his show is actually a show. Obviously it works for him. Who wouldn't love to have that many guests at their show? I felt kind of bad for the few gentlemen at the one table in the back. They didn't even get catalogs!

At one point, he holds up his bar pan. You can tell he does the same recipe all the time. I'd love to go to one of his shows to see how he presents newer and seasonal items.

2. pkd09

pkd09 Future Director Silver Member

He was a presenter at our Spring Launch last year and he had the whole place in stitches. What a performer! I'd but PC products from him.

3. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Gold Member

I got to meet him at conference a couple years ago and he is a hoot!

4. Shelly Flanagan

Shelly Flanagan Gold Member

That's why he is called the Broadway Chef. His audio training on CC is awesome. You should give it a listen.

5. cookingwithdawn

cookingwithdawn

I sat with him at a local meeting and he actually stated to me that he gets nervous speaking in front of people!!! I said you have got to be kidding me!!!! My husband does not believe how he can have such high sales every month...so I just showed him the video...I know for a fact people book him for the "show".

6. esavvymom

esavvymom

Very interesting. I think I'd throw up! :D

I can see why he doesn't have many folks joining his team though. Who would want to follow that?! most folks would NEVER think it was something they could do after seeing his shows. 99% of the consultants already in PC would think that.

But glad it works for him. He would be interesting to watch.

7. NooraK

NooraK Gold Member

Yeah, but he gets Director benefits by being an Elite Seller...

8. ChefCKHall

ChefCKHall

I thought I had a lot of energy until I saw that video....I was worn out just by watching it. Definitely not for me....but I have met David and he is a cool dude! That is the beauty of the biz...find your style and work it baby!

9. Becca_in_MD

Becca_in_MD Gold Member

He does have a downline, just not a lot of production from it. He recruits every few months. I see his stats in an ED's newsletter. He sets his own goals and goes for them. He can't compare himself to anyone else and we shouldn't compare ourselves to him, either. It would take an awful lot of rehearsing for me to get that all memorized. I can't even remember the page #s for the cookware :)

10. ChefCKHall

ChefCKHall

Shootfire, by the time I get a page number memorized, there is a new catalog coming out! (Yep, it takes me THAT long to memorize pages)

Never fails, someone asks...where is it in the catalog? I gave up...I give a prize to the first person who finds it and yells it out!

11. Becca_in_MD

Becca_in_MD Gold Member

12. PamperedchefDaly

PamperedchefDaly Gold Member

I'm speechless...

Thanks for posting. I always wondered what his shows were like and how he manages such a high sales volume.

13. jbondr

jbondr Gold Member

What recipe was he preparing? It isn't one I have used before. I think I would like it with chocolate and marshmallows.

14. NooraK

NooraK Gold Member

I don't know, but I like how his music even matches up to adding the ingredients to the recipe! :D

15. doughmama

doughmama Silver Member

he's great. I couldn't do this but he obviously is fantastic at what he does. and yes, anyone know the recipe he was making? crescent rolls, choc chips and marshmallow...

16. jennyl

jennyl

My upline sent around the recipes attached here from David.

Attached Files:

17. gailz2

gailz2 Gold Member

If I started singing, I'm afraid everyone would run from the room--not one of my strengths, for sure.

18. kittychef

kittychef

Me too!! Or they'll throw the catalogs at me LOL!
    He's amazing! I've always wonder how he did so well..now I know!

19. otisbg

otisbg Gold Member

I loved this - thanks so much for sharing your find!

20. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Gold Member

I need to watch this when I can actually have the volume up! DH was watching tv last night so I couldn't hear it.

21. CRuff

CRuff Silver Member

I just viewed it. He must do mega shows (2 or 3 hosts and presents once). I also noticed it looked like the guests did not get to taste the recipe being presented. Alot of the serving dishes on the table were not PC. Hummmm.... Gives me some ideas! I do have humor in my presentation and it helps. Boy does he have alot of energy. Ladies seemed to like it. I think I will have to update my presentation!

22. lauriedip

lauriedip

boy, i saw alot of other consultants demo on you tube. are we really allowed to do that?

23. esavvymom

esavvymom

no...not so much. But there is a class of people who seem to think rules don't APPLY to them ;)

24. NooraK

NooraK Gold Member

The Policy Guide states:

Since the video was not uploaded by David, the person uploading it isn't bound by the PG. But if a consultant personally uploads something without permission, they're in violation.

25. msmileyface

msmileyface

I am actually one of David's recruits!

David did a show for me at my home last year.. this is of course what got me hooked. First of all, the show was in January (extra 50% host free product) and the sales were around $1400 so you can do the math... I got SOO MUCH free stuff it's not even funny (over $400 worth, if not more). At my show, by the way, we did a Mexican Chicken Taco Braid (it's awesome, btw). Yes, I believe he does bar pan recipes most of the time (interesting to think of the top guy in sales not doing a DCB show huh?). For my show he gave me 4 recipe choices (the chocolate one, a veggie braid, and 2 other braids).

Surprisingly, I did not feel intimidated to follow him as a consultant.. I just do my own thing. I'm a 2-4 show per month girl, I do it for fun, a little extra money, and a lot of products :) He is laid back and doesn't hassle the downline to perform more. He knows everyone is just doing their own thing and I like that.

Just thought I would share my experience!