• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

David Meenan Presents: The Pampered Chef YouTube Show

In summary, the conversation was about a popular consultant for The Pampered Chef who is known for his entertaining and high sales volume. Some were surprised by his show and performance style, while others admired him for his success. The conversation also touched on the challenges of memorizing the product catalog and finding items quickly.
NooraK
Gold Member
YouTube - The Pampered Chef

So, this was going around on FB the other day. It wasn't posted by him or any other consultant, so it doesn't violate the Policy Guide.

I had heard that he sings at his shows, but I guess I didn't realize his show is actually a show. Obviously it works for him. Who wouldn't love to have that many guests at their show? I felt kind of bad for the few gentlemen at the one table in the back. They didn't even get catalogs!

At one point, he holds up his bar pan. You can tell he does the same recipe all the time. I'd love to go to one of his shows to see how he presents newer and seasonal items.

He was a presenter at our Spring Launch last year and he had the whole place in stitches. What a performer! I'd but PC products from him.

I got to meet him at conference a couple years ago and he is a hoot!

That's why he is called the Broadway Chef. His audio training on CC is awesome. You should give it a listen.

I sat with him at a local meeting and he actually stated to me that he gets nervous speaking in front of people!!! I said you have got to be kidding me!!!! My husband does not believe how he can have such high sales every month...so I just showed him the video...I know for a fact people book him for the "show".

Very interesting. I think I'd throw up! :DI can see why he doesn't have many folks joining his team though. Who would want to follow that?! most folks would NEVER think it was something they could do after seeing his shows. 99% of the consultants already in PC would think that.But glad it works for him. He would be interesting to watch.

esavvymom said:
Very interesting. I think I'd throw up! :D

I can see why he doesn't have many folks joining his team though. Who would want to follow that?! most folks would NEVER think it was something they could do after seeing his shows. 99% of the consultants already in PC would think that.

But glad it works for him. He would be interesting to watch.

Yeah, but he gets Director benefits by being an Elite Seller...

I thought I had a lot of energy until I saw that video....I was worn out just by watching it. Definitely not for me....but I have met David and he is a cool dude! That is the beauty of the biz...find your style and work it baby!

NooraK said:
Yeah, but he gets Director benefits by being an Elite Seller...

He does have a downline, just not a lot of production from it. He recruits every few months. I see his stats in an ED's newsletter. He sets his own goals and goes for them. He can't compare himself to anyone else and we shouldn't compare ourselves to him, either. It would take an awful lot of rehearsing for me to get that all memorized. I can't even remember the page #s for the cookware :)

Becca_in_MD said:
He does have a downline, just not a lot of production from it. He recruits every few months. I see his stats in an ED's newsletter. He sets his own goals and goes for them. He can't compare himself to anyone else and we shouldn't compare ourselves to him, either. It would take an awful lot of rehearsing for me to get that all memorized. I can't even remember the page #s for the cookware :)

Shootfire, by the time I get a page number memorized, there is a new catalog coming out! (Yep, it takes me THAT long to memorize pages)

Never fails, someone asks...where is it in the catalog? I gave up...I give a prize to the first person who finds it and yells it out!

ChefCKHall said:
Shootfire, by the time I get a page number memorized, there is a new catalog coming out! (Yep, it takes me THAT long to memorize pages)

Me, too!! I know Stoneware is pg. 24 only b/c I went through all my catalogs covering up the "host only" bubble.

In the new season I'm going to memorize where the major collections are. Recently I have told people when doing their guest introductions, along with saying their favorite product, if they found what page it's on to let everyone know. That's been helping. Usually they were already flipping through the catalog. Now they stick their finger in the page or have the catalog open for when it's their turn.

I'm speechless...

Thanks for posting. I always wondered what his shows were like and how he manages such a high sales volume.

What recipe was he preparing? It isn't one I have used before. I think I would like it with chocolate and marshmallows.

jbondr said:
What recipe was he preparing? It isn't one I have used before. I think I would like it with chocolate and marshmallows.

I don't know, but I like how his music even matches up to adding the ingredients to the recipe! :D

he's great. I couldn't do this but he obviously is fantastic at what he does. and yes, anyone know the recipe he was making? crescent rolls, choc chips and marshmallow...

My upline sent around the recipes attached here from David.

Attachments

• ChocolateSmoresDanish.doc
    27 KB · Views: 588
If I started singing, I'm afraid everyone would run from the room--not one of my strengths, for sure.

gailz2 said:
If I started singing, I'm afraid everyone would run from the room--not one of my strengths, for sure.

Me too!! Or they'll throw the catalogs at me LOL!
He's amazing! I've always wonder how he did so well..now I know!

I loved this - thanks so much for sharing your find!

I need to watch this when I can actually have the volume up! DH was watching tv last night so I couldn't hear it.

I just viewed it. He must do mega shows (2 or 3 hosts and presents once). I also noticed it looked like the guests did not get to taste the recipe being presented. Alot of the serving dishes on the table were not PC. Hummmm.... Gives me some ideas! I do have humor in my presentation and it helps. Boy does he have alot of energy. Ladies seemed to like it. I think I will have to update my presentation!

boy, i saw alot of other consultants demo on you tube. are we really allowed to do that?

lauriedip said:
boy, i saw alot of other consultants demo on you tube. are we really allowed to do that?

no...not so much. But there is a class of people who seem to think rules don't APPLY to them ;)

lauriedip said:

The Policy Guide states:

You may upload, post or share video personal videos that include Pampered Chef® content (including Cooking Shows) to your personal social networking profile. However, you may not upload, post or share personal videos that include Pampered Chef® content (including Cooking Shows) on any sites intended for public viewing or consumption such as YouTube without prior written permission from Consultant Career Solutions.

Since the video was not uploaded by David, the person uploading it isn't bound by the PG. But if a consultant personally uploads something without permission, they're in violation.

I am actually one of David's recruits!David did a show for me at my home last year.. this is of course what got me hooked. First of all, the show was in January (extra 50% host free product) and the sales were around $1400 so you can do the math... I got SOO MUCH free stuff it's not even funny (over $400 worth, if not more). At my show, by the way, we did a Mexican Chicken Taco Braid (it's awesome, btw). Yes, I believe he does bar pan recipes most of the time (interesting to think of the top guy in sales not doing a DCB show huh?). For my show he gave me 4 recipe choices (the chocolate one, a veggie braid, and 2 other braids). Surprisingly, I did not feel intimidated to follow him as a consultant.. I just do my own thing. I'm a 2-4 show per month girl, I do it for fun, a little extra money, and a lot of products :) He is laid back and doesn't hassle the downline to perform more. He knows everyone is just doing their own thing and I like that. Just thought I would share my experience!

By the way, this video looks more like an "event" or a fundraiser. Like I said in my previous post, my show was "normal." I did have a lot of buying guests (around 20, including outside orders) and the reason I did was because he totally stressed 2 things:1- be enthusiastic about inviting people to your show. Tell them, "I am so excited, I'm having a Pampered Chef party, can you come??"
2- 5-10 outside orders and 15 buying guests at the show = $1000 show!These 2 things motivated me and I rocked the invitations!

msmileyface-good tips! I will start using them with my hosts.

The video was awesome! For fundraiser shows, this would be a great idea. I would need someone to write it up for me but I have no problem singing in front of a crowd.

Last edited:
I have been known to break out in Julia Child mode......

msmileyface said:
I am actually one of David's recruits!

David did a show for me at my home last year.. this is of course what got me hooked. First of all, the show was in January (extra 50% host free product) and the sales were around $1400 so you can do the math... I got SOO MUCH free stuff it's not even funny (over $400 worth, if not more). At my show, by the way, we did a Mexican Chicken Taco Braid (it's awesome, btw). Yes, I believe he does bar pan recipes most of the time (interesting to think of the top guy in sales not doing a DCB show huh?). For my show he gave me 4 recipe choices (the chocolate one, a veggie braid, and 2 other braids).

Surprisingly, I did not feel intimidated to follow him as a consultant.. I just do my own thing. I'm a 2-4 show per month girl, I do it for fun, a little extra money, and a lot of products :) He is laid back and doesn't hassle the downline to perform more. He knows everyone is just doing their own thing and I like that.

Just thought I would share my experience!

Thanks so much for stepping forward and sharing your story. It's great to know how David is in a "normal" home. His emphasis on being excited about hosting and getting the 15 in attendance and the 5-10 outside orders is something we call can do. And now we have a David "expert" in the house to dispel any rumors that may come up.

Honestly, I totally think I could do my shows like that! LOL, the only reason I wouldn't is the prep time and rehearsal that would come with singing all that stuff. But I sing ALL THE TIME - so this would be no different - and if it amused people, heck yeah I'd do it!!I LOVED this!

Becca_in_MD said:
Thanks so much for stepping forward and sharing your story. It's great to know how David is in a "normal" home. His emphasis on being excited about hosting and getting the 15 in attendance and the 5-10 outside orders is something we call can do. And now we have a David "expert" in the house to dispel any rumors that may come up.

My thought exactly!

Thanks for sharing with us!

Priscilla

It's the least I can do.. I get SO MANY good ideas from all you guys and gals, this is nothing!

I kept waiting to see what his guest sales were from a that show. I'm just curious:)

1. What is "David Meenan Presents: The Pampered Chef YouTube Show"?

David Meenan Presents: The Pampered Chef YouTube Show is a popular cooking and product demonstration show hosted by David Meenan, a consultant for the direct sales company Pampered Chef.

2. Is the show posted by David Meenan or any other consultant?

No, the show is not posted by David Meenan or any other consultant. It is a fan-made video that showcases Meenan's entertaining and engaging presentation style.

3. Does David Meenan sing at his shows?

Yes, it is a known fact that David Meenan sings at his shows. He incorporates music into his presentations to make them more interactive and fun for his audience.

4. How does David Meenan attract so many guests to his show?

David Meenan's show has gained popularity through word-of-mouth and social media. His entertaining presentation style and use of music has attracted a large following and many people are curious to attend one of his shows.

5. Does David Meenan use the same recipe for every show?

While it is not confirmed, it is possible that David Meenan uses a similar recipe for most of his shows. However, he also incorporates newer and seasonal items into his presentations to keep things fresh and interesting for his audience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ccmahaffey
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • skynsea
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
skynsea
  • rbvernon