• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Picking & Cutting a Perfect Pineapple: A Guide

In summary, to pick a ripe pineapple, look for one that is mostly yellow with a slight green tint and has a sweet, tropical aroma. The leaves on top should also be green and firm. The easiest way to cut a pineapple is to first cut off the top and bottom, then slice off the skin in strips and cut into rounds or cubes. The core can be removed by using a pineapple corer or cutting it into quarters and removing it from each piece. A cut pineapple can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days in an airtight container. Some creative ways to use pineapple include adding it to fruit salad, grilling it, blending it into smoothies, or using it as a topping for pizza or tacos
LibrarianChef
Silver Member
Can someone please direct me to the place where we were told (1) how to pick a great pineapple from the marketplace and then (2) how to demo cutting a fresh pineapple. Thanks!

March 2007 Consultant News...page 9. (Cooking Show Teaching Tips!)

(It took me 5 seconds to find it...I can't believe I remembered where it was!! ):)

The greener the better on picking it. If they are yellow they are too ripe or getting ripe. I learned this from experience. The first one I bought was green and WONDERFUL. The second one was yellow b/c that was all the had and I had to throw half of it away.

If you cannot pull up that Consultant News let me know and I will post instructions on cutting. It is EASY! I was intimidated the first time, now I do them all the time.

Thank you ladies SO much! The party went very well. I did the pineapple demo and we used fresh pineapple on our skewers. DELICIOUS! I don't know that I can ever go back to the canned stuff. The pineapples I bought were about half green, but luckily they were still extremely sweet and juicy. I think it was impressive enough. ;)

Thanks again!

I love fresh pineapple. Ya know when you're picking one out you can pull the center leaves; if they come out easily it's a sign of ripeness. Also, smell it, if it smells like pineapple that's a good sign it's ripe.

Forgot to say when looking for good pineapple look for the one's that are golden, then use the other tricks.

cat said:
March 2007 Consultant News...page 9. (Cooking Show Teaching Tips!)

(It took me 5 seconds to find it...I can't believe I remembered where it was!! ):)
I forgot, they also show you this in the SS 2007 SB.

1. How do I know when a pineapple is ripe?

To pick a ripe pineapple, look for one that is mostly yellow with a slight green tint and has a sweet, tropical aroma. The leaves on top should also be green and firm. Avoid pineapples that are completely green or have brown spots.

2. What is the best way to cut a pineapple?

The easiest way to cut a pineapple is to first cut off the top and bottom, then slice off the skin in strips. Next, cut the pineapple into rounds or cubes, depending on your preference. You can also use a pineapple corer to remove the core and create perfect rings.

3. How do I remove the core from a pineapple?

If you don't have a pineapple corer, you can remove the core by cutting the pineapple into quarters and then cutting out the core from each piece. You can also use a paring knife to cut around the core in a circular motion.

4. Can I store a cut pineapple?

Yes, you can store a cut pineapple in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. It's best to store it in its own juices to maintain its freshness.

5. What are some creative ways to use pineapple?

Pineapple can be used in various recipes, both sweet and savory. Some ideas include adding it to fruit salad, grilling it for a tasty side dish, blending it into a tropical smoothie, or using it as a topping for pizza or tacos. You can also use it to make homemade pineapple salsa or chutney.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BlessedWifeMommy
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
PamperedSD
  • ChefPaulaB
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • kam