• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cute Way to Tell the Christmas Story to Kids K5-2Nd

LOL...I used a book called "The Best Christmas Stories Ever Told" by Barbara Park. It is a little more expensive, but it would be a great option.The Best Christmas Stories Ever Told by Barbara Park.
jrstephens
I have to tell the Story at church tomorrow night during my AWANA class. I want a different way to tell it. I know that East has the Resurrection Eggs and different ways. Does anyone know of one for Christmas? I want to do more than just read the story. I want a way that will stick in the minds of kids. We have a few kids that are just know beginning in church and may have never heard the "REAL" reason for Christmas.

Bumping for some replies.

I have printed off pictures to do the story and add the nativity items to a felt board but would still love to find something unique!

There are several books I've used through the years that tell the story from the point of view of one of the animals, the inn keeper, or someone else. Have you checked your local Christian bookstore?

raebates said:
There are several books I've used through the years that tell the story from the point of view of one of the animals, the inn keeper, or someone else. Have you checked your local Christian bookstore?

I have some books myself too. I just found out about this Sunday night and the closest book store is 90 miles away, so, I cannot go look for something different. I went shopping Friday and wish I had of known then.

As someone who lives in the geographical center of nowhere, I understand. Best wishes.

vwpamperedchef said:
I did some online searches and came up with these. HTH.

Sunday School Curriculum

This is the one I printed off earlier to use. I have a felt board, I need to get some sand paper to make my print outs stick to my board.

We think a like again!

haha LOL...

There is a book of Bible stories that have cutouts to go with them. I used it years ago to teach Sunday School and the kids loved it. Basically you tell the story and as you go along you are cutting a piece of paper (like how you make paper snowflakes) and at the end, you have some really neat cutout to show them. While the page is folded up, they have no idea what you are doing so they will be amazed and delighted to see what you make. Also, the curiosity reg. why is the teacher cutting up paper while she talks? will hold their attention. I am sorry to say I can't remember the name of this book, but I bet you can find it by searching online and then maybe your library will have it. I am pretty sure some of the cutting patterns are online as well.

If you decide to do this, you may want a helper to do the cutting. For me anyway, I wasn't coordinated to cut and talk at the same time!

What is the "Cute Way to Tell the Christmas Story to Kids K5-2Nd"?

The "Cute Way to Tell the Christmas Story to Kids K5-2Nd" is a fun and engaging activity designed to help young children learn about the story of Christmas.

How does it work?

Children are given a set of cute and colorful cards with images depicting different parts of the Christmas story. They are then guided through the story by a facilitator, who helps them place the cards in the correct order to retell the story.

Is it suitable for all ages?

The activity is specifically designed for children in kindergarten through 2nd grade, but can also be enjoyed by younger or older children with some modifications to the facilitation process.

Do I need any additional materials?

No, all the materials needed for the activity are included in the set. However, you may choose to supplement the activity with additional props or decorations to make it even more fun and interactive.

Can I use this activity for a group or classroom setting?

Absolutely! The "Cute Way to Tell the Christmas Story to Kids K5-2Nd" can be used in a variety of settings, such as Sunday school, children's church, or even in a classroom setting. It is a great way to engage children in learning about the true meaning of Christmas.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sk8rgrrl99
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Flamingo
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
mountainmama74
Replies