• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Share Your Best Cut-Out Cookie Recipe!

In summary, to make the best cut-out cookies, you will need all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla extract. You can also add food coloring or sprinkles for decoration. If you want to substitute butter, you can use margarine or shortening, but the texture and taste may be slightly different. It is recommended to roll out the dough to 1/4 inch thickness and bake for 8-12 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. You can freeze the cut-out cookie dough for up to 3 months and thaw it in the fridge before using.
LeanneB.
Does anyone have a wonderful sugar or sour cream cut out cookie recipe that they would like to share? I recently got the decorator bottle set and I am anxious to use it. Please let me know. :)

I will post my favorite "sugar wafer" cut out cookie recipe soon in the cookie exchange thread.

I can't find the recipe, but I got it from my neighbor. I'll call her tomorrow and get it again.

Usually, I just use the Betty Crocker bagged mixes. They turn out great.

cross post from the online cookie exchange thread...

Sugar Wafers (Christmas cut out cookies)

1 Cup sugar
1 TBSP milk
2 eggs
1 Tsp Vanilla
3/4 cup shortning
Mix above together

Mix these in a seperate bowl
1 1/2 Tsp Cream of tarter
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 tsp Baking soda
3 Cups flour

Add dry ingredients to wet. Batter will be verry thick.
Chill over night.
Roll to 1/4 thickness and cut with cutters
Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 mins ( I do mine on parchment paper on my stones. They are baked perfect and slide right off.

For colored cookies add food coloring before all the flour has been added.
Or add colored sprinkles before baking.

I use this one every year and everyone LOVES them.http://www.christmas-joy.com/recipes/soursugcok.htm

I am a wilton decorator person and I don't like our decorator bottle set. I just can't get used to not holding a bag. Good luck with yours though.

Curlyone said:
I am a wilton decorator person and I don't like our decorator bottle set. I just can't get used to not holding a bag. Good luck with yours though.

I actually bought these so my three-year old could help. She wanted to use the decorator bag at Halloween and it was just WAY too messy. I hope this goes well.

Hi there! I would love to share my favorite cut-out cookie recipe with you. It's a tried and true family recipe that never fails to impress. Here's what you'll need:- 1 cup (2 sticks) of softened butter
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of saltIn a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, mixing until a dough forms.Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour, or overnight. This will make it easier to roll out and cut into shapes.When you're ready to bake, preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll out the dough on a floured surface to about 1/4 inch thickness. Use your favorite cookie cutters to cut out shapes and place them on the prepared baking sheet.Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden. Let the cookies cool on the pan for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.Now comes the fun part – decorating! I highly recommend using your new decorator bottle set to add colorful icing and decorations to your cookies. Have fun and let your creativity run wild!I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do. Happy baking! :)

1. What ingredients do I need to make the best cut-out cookies?

To make the best cut-out cookies, you will need all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, butter, eggs, and vanilla extract. You can also add food coloring or sprinkles for decoration.

2. Can I use a substitute for butter in my cut-out cookie recipe?

Yes, you can use margarine or shortening as a substitute for butter in your cut-out cookie recipe. However, the texture and taste may be slightly different.

3. How thick should I roll out the dough for cut-out cookies?

It is recommended to roll out the dough to about 1/4 inch thickness for cut-out cookies. This will ensure that the cookies hold their shape and don't spread too much while baking.

4. How long should I bake my cut-out cookies?

The baking time for cut-out cookies will vary depending on their size and thickness. Generally, they should be baked for 8-12 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Keep an eye on them and remove them from the oven when the edges are slightly golden.

5. Can I freeze the cut-out cookie dough?

Yes, you can freeze cut-out cookie dough for up to 3 months. Just wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or place it in an airtight container before freezing. When ready to use, thaw the dough in the fridge overnight before rolling it out and baking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Telynn
  • Tracie
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
Replies