• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Mini Apple Pie Recipes & Advice

In summary, the author is looking for a recipe or any advice on making mini apple pie, turn overs, or apple dumplings. He was thinking this would be a good demo but not real sure how to do it, and any advice would be greatly appreciated.
JWorks
Silver Member
i am looking for a recipe or any advice on making mini apple pie, turn overs, or apple dumplings. i was thinking this would be a good demo but not real sure how to do it? any advice
thank you,
:)

Here is what I had in my files. Hope this helps.
Honey Nut Apple Tarts from The Pampered Chef Favorites II

1 medium apple, chopped
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
1/4 cup seedless raisins
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp lemon zest
2 TBSP honey
Melted butter or margarine
Soft white or wheat bread
Cinnamon sugar

Preheat oven to 375. Peel, core and slice apples. Chop apple and walnuts.
Combine chopped ingredients with raisins, spices, lemon zest, and honey in
batter bowl.

Place a scant tsp. of apple mixture in the center of bread. Gently fold
bread in half, covering the mixture. Use 3" cut n seal to cut and seal
crescent shaped tarts. Brush tarts with melted butter. Sprinkle with
cinnamon sugar mixture. Bake on 15" baking stone for 10-12 minutes or until
golden brown.

Yield:
25 tarts

Cheddar Apple Tarts

Piecrust dough for 2 crusts

1 medium apple, finely chopped
1/4-tsp. cinnamon-sugar mixture
1 oz shredded Cheddar Cheese
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Roll out dough for one crust to 1/8"
thick. Form small mounds of apples, topped with 1/4-tsp. cinnamon-
sugar and shredded cheese about 3" apart on dough.
Roll out second dough same as first. Place over first dough covering
apple mounds. Cut and seal round tarts with 3" Cut `n Seal. Bake 10-
12 minutes or until lightly browned.
8 tarts

Ann

We enjoy this recipe.

Attachments

• APPLE CRANBERRY TARTS.doc
    21.5 KB · Views: 264
does anyone know if i just take an apple pie recipe and use the pie crust with the cut n seal, will that work. i just want the apple or cherry filling.
thanks for the great recipes so far.

when I first started 8 years ago, I loved demoing the tarts.
I simply cut circles in the pillsbury pie crusts and then I peeled, cored and sliced apples..Then I chopped them up, threw them in a bowl and sprinked some Cinnamon and sugar with them. I put a small scoop on one half of the crust circle and folded it over like a crescent moon shape. Then I sealed it with the cut and seal and baked at 400 degrees for about 12 -15 minutes or until golden brown. I drizzled them with a frosting mixture of powdered sugar, vanilla and milk.
they are awesome

I used the cut n seal at a cook out show I did, and sold so many cut n seals that it became my number one selling item. (amd I only did pb&J's) I decided then to demo more costly items so they can be my number one selling items.
If you demo the cut n seal I would suggest doing it as a second recipe.

I make stuffed french toast with the cut n seal. I put crm chz and pie filling or jam cut n seal. Then dip in egg batter brown on both sides top with pie filling, jam or syrup and whip cream. A yummy breakfast!

that sounds yummy

1. What type of apples should I use in mini apple pies?

For the best flavor and texture, we recommend using a combination of tart and sweet apples. Granny Smith and Honeycrisp are popular choices, but you can also use a mix of Gala, Braeburn, or Jonagold apples.

2. Can I use pre-made pie crust for mini apple pies?

Yes, you can use pre-made pie crust for mini apple pies. However, if you have the time, we highly recommend making your own homemade crust for the best results.

3. How do I prevent my mini apple pies from getting soggy?

To prevent your mini apple pies from getting soggy, make sure to preheat your oven and bake them on the bottom rack. You can also sprinkle a layer of breadcrumbs or crushed graham crackers on the bottom of the crust before adding the filling to absorb any excess moisture.

4. Can I freeze mini apple pies?

Yes, you can freeze mini apple pies before or after baking. To freeze before baking, assemble the pies and wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil. When ready to bake, let them thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then bake as directed. To freeze after baking, let the pies cool completely and then wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then reheat in the oven before serving.

5. How do I prevent the mini apple pies from burning?

To prevent the mini apple pies from burning, cover them loosely with aluminum foil halfway through baking. You can also place a baking sheet on the rack below the pies to catch any drips and prevent burning. Additionally, make sure to keep an eye on the pies and adjust the baking time if needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmoseley
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
karens.kitchen
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
meganmcg
Replies