• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Crescent Rolls & Hershey Kisses

In summary, there is a recipe for Double Chocolate Swirl Bread that uses refrigerated French bread dough, white chocolate morsels, semi-sweet chocolate morsels, and sliced almonds. The dough is rolled with a mixture of chocolate and nuts inside, and then baked in a mini loaf pan. The finished loaves are drizzled with melted white chocolate and topped with more almonds or chocolate morsels.
Loreen
Has anyone heard of or done a recipe with cresent rolls & hershey kisses? It's an older recipe. I have a host asking for it and says it's to die for.

Any help in locating this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Loreen, I did a google search, and basically what I found was how to make chocolate croissants. Wrap the crescent roll arount a couple of Kisses, and bake. You can brush melted butter on top or sprinkle with powdered sugar, or both.

Does the host have any other specifics to help identify the recipe? If not, and you want to make it show-worthy, I would maybe do a ring, and add chopped nuts and/or one or more of the Sprinkles.

Seems like there is a recipe for the mini-loaf pans that has chocolate and some kind of refrigerated dough, I'll see if I can find it...

ChefPaulaB said:
Seems like there is a recipe for the mini-loaf pans that has chocolate and some kind of refrigerated dough, I'll see if I can find it...

You are talking about the Double Chocolate Swirl Bread from All The Best - it is very good!

Double Chocolate Swirl Bread

1/2 cup sliced almonds, chopped
1 cup white chocolate morsels, divided
2 package (11 ounces each) refrigerated French bread dough
1 egg white
1 tablespoon water
1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels, grated
1 teaspoon vegetable oil

1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly spray Mini Loaf Pan with vegetable oil using nonstick cooking spray. Coarsely chop almonds and half of the white chocolate morsels; place in Classic Batter Bowl.

2. On lightly floured surface, unroll one package of bread dough; do not stretch. Lightly beat egg white and water in Small Batter Bowl; brush dough with a portion of the egg mixture. Grate half of the semi-sweet chocolate morsels evenly over dough. Sprinkle with half of the almond and white chocolate mixture; roll lightly with Baker's Roller™, pressing mixture into dough.

3. Unroll remaining package of bread dough directly over first dough layer, matching seams and rolling lightly to seal. Brush dough lightly with portion of egg mixture; grate remaining chocolate morsels over dough and sprinkle with remaining white chocolate and almond mixture. Roll lightly with baker's roller.

4. Starting at narrow edge, roll dough up tightly; press edge to seal. Slice roll into 4 equal portions; place seam side down in pan. Make deep cut down the length of each loaf without cutting through ends. Brush loaves with remaining egg mixture.

5. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown (center of loaves may appear moist). Remove pan to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool 5 minutes. Remove loaves from pan. Cool completely.

6. Microwave remaining white chocolate and oil, uncovered, on HIGH 30-40 seconds or until chocolate is melted and smooth. (Do not overheat.) Drizzle chocolate over loaves; sprinkle with sliced almonds or chocolate morsels, if desired.

Yield: 4 mini loaves (4 servings per loaf)

Nutrients per serving: Calories 190, Total Fat 7 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol less than 5 mg, Carbohydrate 27 g, Sodium 260 mg, Fiber 0 g

Okay, found it, it doesn't use either of those things... it uses chocolate chips and refrigerated French bread dough... I was right about the mini loaf pan though! Anyway, it's in All The Best and here it is if you're interested...

1 egg white
1 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon vegetable oil

1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly spray Mini Loaf Pan with vegetable oil using nonstick cooking spray. Coarsely chop almonds and half of the white chocolate morsels; place in Classic Batter Bowl.

2. On lightly floured surface, unroll one package of bread dough; do not stretch. Lightly beat egg white and water in Small Batter Bowl; brush dough with a portion of the egg mixture. Grate half of the semi-sweet chocolate morsels evenly over dough. Sprinkle with half of the almond and white chocolate mixture; roll lightly with Baker's Roller™, pressing mixture into dough.

3. Unroll remaining package of bread dough directly over first dough layer, matching seams and rolling lightly to seal. Brush dough lightly with portion of egg mixture; grate remaining chocolate morsels over dough and sprinkle with remaining white chocolate and almond mixture. Roll lightly with baker's roller.

4. Starting at narrow edge, roll dough up tightly; press edge to seal. Slice roll into 4 equal portions; place seam side down in pan. Make deep cut down the length of each loaf without cutting through ends. Brush loaves with remaining egg mixture.

5. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown (center of loaves may appear moist). Remove pan to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool 5 minutes. Remove loaves from pan. Cool completely.

6. Microwave remaining white chocolate and oil, uncovered, on HIGH 30-40 seconds or until chocolate is melted and smooth. (Do not overheat.) Drizzle chocolate over loaves; sprinkle with sliced almonds or chocolate morsels, if desired.

Nutrients per serving: Calories 190, Total Fat 7 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol less than 5 mg, Carbohydrate 27 g, Sodium 260 mg, Fiber 0 g

Thank you everyone for your help. I'll check with my host and see if this is what she was thinking of. Sorry for the delay in thanking you . . . . haven't been on Chef Success this week.

Loreen

I just saw a recipe similar tothis on David Meenan's website: .biz/broadwaychef

Hope that helps!

On David's site-the smores recipe?

ChefPaulaB said:
Okay, found it, it doesn't use either of those things... it uses chocolate chips and refrigerated French bread dough... I was right about the mini loaf pan though! Anyway, it's in All The Best and here it is if you're interested...

1 egg white
1 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon vegetable oil

whoops, we must've posted at the same time, I just noticed this... sorry!

pamperedlinda said:
You are talking about the Double Chocolate Swirl Bread from All The Best - it is very good!

1 egg white
1 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon vegetable oil

Have not made these in awhile!! They are WONDERFUL. Also since it makes 4, they are also nice to give as a gift!

1. How do I make Crescent Rolls & Hershey Kisses?

To make Crescent Rolls & Hershey Kisses, preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Unroll a can of crescent roll dough and separate the triangles. Place a Hershey Kiss at the wide end of each triangle and roll it up, starting from the wide end. Place the rolled crescent rolls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.

2. Can I use different types of Hershey Kisses for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of Hershey Kisses for this recipe. Some popular options include milk chocolate, dark chocolate, and white chocolate. You can also try using flavored Hershey Kisses like caramel or peppermint for a unique twist.

3. Can I add anything else to the Crescent Rolls & Hershey Kisses?

Yes, you can add other ingredients to the Crescent Rolls & Hershey Kisses if desired. Some popular additions include chopped nuts, mini marshmallows, or a sprinkle of cinnamon. Just be sure to place the additional ingredients on top of the Hershey Kiss before rolling up the crescent roll.

4. How do I store leftover Crescent Rolls & Hershey Kisses?

If you have any leftover Crescent Rolls & Hershey Kisses, store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days. You can also freeze them for longer storage. To reheat, place them in the oven at 375 degrees for a few minutes until warmed through.

5. Can I use homemade dough instead of canned crescent roll dough?

Yes, you can use homemade dough instead of canned crescent roll dough for this recipe. Just roll out the dough into triangles and follow the same instructions for adding the Hershey Kisses and baking. Keep in mind that homemade dough may result in slightly different texture and taste compared to using canned dough.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
its_me_susan
  • cookingmommy
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pckelly
  • krismaur
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies