• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why is My Guest's Credit Card Not Processing?

or the order is cancelled.
pkd09
Silver Member
I submitted a show the other night and got an e-mail that a credit card was declined. I called the guest apologizing for possibly my error in inputting numbers. She gladly gave me the card # again. Card is declined again. Called the guest back again, now she is getting upset. She states she charges $4000 a month on this card and pays it off every month. Card should be good. So, I processed it again....still declined by HO. I am really worried that when I call her she will cancel the entire order. The problem is, her order put my host at over $1000. It will throw the entire show/host order off. What to do?

Are you sure you have the right expiration date?? that will cause a card to decline as well.

And you have her name and middle initial AS IT APPEARS on the card?

I verified all that with her each time. I personally have a CC that will not process at one particular store here in town. They have to manually process it. Can HO do that? My DIL's mothers card did the same thing with PC and she said there was plenty of $ in the account. She just gave me a different card. I was so embarassed. I did ask the guest if she could give me a different card number but she said it is the only card she uses. I really dread calling her again because I am afraid she will just cancel the order.

Call HO, and have them manually process the card too.

I have to do this w/ my card for Office Depot. Don't know why, but it always gets declined when I buy online from them. It works fine every place else, but it won't work for them.

I had that happen last month too! Ran the card three times. The guest finally gave me another card. It was just too weird.

I used to have this happen with Debit Cards.

Call and have them manually process the card.
I have another Credit Union in my area that will not let the debit card go through for PC. Not sure why, it is only this bank, no other in my area.
So call the company before you call her back and see what can be done.

Kelly V.:chef:

Yes have PC manually process the card. It happens alot if it is a debit card especially if it is drawing from a smaller local bank. I had this happen with a customer a few months back. Had to run it like 4 times and she was getting upset. Of course it was over a holiday weekend and it was a tiny local bank and it just didn't want to go thru.

Is it a Discover card??? I had this problem and Discover put a hold on it because I didn't enter the 3 digit number on the back (which is not necessary for PC but Discover want to verify the transaction that way) and because it was being shipped to a different address (my hosts address, not customer). So to Discover, the transaction looked suspicious. My customer called the CC company and this is what they told her. I will no longer take Discover - if I can help it.

The card is a VISA. I would presume it is an actual CC since she told me she pays it off every month. I am going to call HO and see if they can manually process it. I really don't want to call her again for fear of her cancelling the order. My host (her cousin) worked so hard to get her show over $1000...if she cancels the order, it would blow the entire show for her!

I had one declined the other day b/c it was a DEBIT card and HO runs it as a CREDIT card. The customer had to change cards b/c they could not get it to go through.

I have a call into HO .... 4-5 hour wait! This is not acceptable. It isn't even the end/beginning of the month. :cry:

they are always busy in the mornings. Did you put in for a call back. It is usually quicker.

The wait is 4-5 hours for a call back.

Update on the credit card: I finally got through to Home Office and the card was processed manually....it was good! Thank goodness!!!! :cool:

I just got an e-mail last night that my show I submitted on the 31st has a declined CC. This is my very first time with this happening. It's the host's card. It has to be resolved by 10pm central time today for me to get paid this pay period. I'm so nervous with how to proceed, I hope I can get it straightened out easily. This host is a potential recruit--she's planning on signing in May. I don't want her to get frustrated with this and sour her towards the financial aspect of PC.So, should I fill out the form on-line and just re-enter her CC# again? Then if it doesn't work, should I call the host and double check that I got the info right? Then ask if it's a debit or credit card and ask for an alternate CC just in case HO has a hard time getting it through again? Or do I call HO and have them manually enter it in, then if it doesn't work, call her for an alternate card? I just don't want to call her multiple times and make it seem more drawn out, KWIM?

I always re-enter the information again just in case I put it in incorrectly. I also received an e-mail last night about a CC# declined. This morning I re-entered the same info and the card was OK. Some times my fingers don't work with my brain! If the second time doesn't work, then I call the guest and ask her/him to repeat the numbers back to me in case a number was transposed. In my earlier post I actually had to have HO enter the number manually because my guest said that was the only card she uses and she was 100% sure it was OK. When HO entered it manually, it was good.

Sometimes debit cards have to be run manually by HO to get them to process, even if you entered the numbers correctly.

Glad to hear that it worked out for you! My first show that I processed came back with a declined card. I was worried because it was a "witchy" family member. She wasn't a nice person and I did not want to face her. It ran the second time through, but I was really worried at first.

I just re-entered it, so we'll see. How long before I should find out?

Nevermind...just got the e-mail. It was declined again. I guess I'll call her. Now, if I get her voice mail, what should I say?

Just leave a message that you need to verify the number and to call you back ASAP.

I have had that happen too...I always tell the guest/host I know I put the # in wrong and act like it is totally my fault so there is no uneasyness on their part. I ask for the # again and a back up # if they want.. even when it is their fault. No reason to make them feel bad.

Thanks. I ended up having to speak w/ her husband, he answered and said she has the stomach virus her kids had earlier this week. He's super friendly and nice, so I just explained that I might have entered the number wrong or that if it was a debit card maybe it would just need to be entered manually. He was very kind and offered me another card to try. He said the other one is good, but rather than worrying about calling it in for a manual entry, we could just use this other one. If it doesn't work, he said then we'll try the manual way. So we'll see how it goes. I'm glad that he was very kind with me, cause I imagine not everyone acts that way when they hear their card was declined.

My Recruit called me in a panic because she had a declined card as well. I'll let her know to call HO about it and see if they can get it to go through manually. Wonder why the turnaround time is so short this time...less than 48 hours to correct it?

pcchefjane said:
My Recruit called me in a panic because she had a declined card as well. I'll let her know to call HO about it and see if they can get it to go through manually. Wonder why the turnaround time is so short this time...less than 48 hours to correct it?

I was wondering if it's just this month, since April is the new career plan or something?

So this time I didn't get an e-mail saying it was declined. So am I to assume everything is okay now? Or am I supposed to get an e-mail saying it worked? Nothing shows up on CC in the declined cards section.

You also have to remember with debit cards some banks only allow a specific amount to be used per day, usually $500 or so. So if the card happens to be processed on a day that they also did some shopping elsewhere it could be declined. It's all a "preventative" measure against fraudulent charges.

I had a card decline on the 31st. I reentered it and again declined. It turned out it was the name issue. The outside order guest put the name on the card as "Jenny" not Jennifer. After I corrected it, not knowing if that was the problem but taking a stab at it, it went through :)

What are the possible reasons for my credit card not processing?

There could be several reasons for your credit card not processing, including insufficient funds, an expired card, incorrect card information, or a technical issue with the payment processor. Please double check your card information and ensure you have enough funds to cover the transaction. If the issue persists, please contact your credit card company or our customer service team for further assistance.

Why was my credit card declined?

Credit cards can be declined for various reasons, such as an incorrect card number or expiration date, insufficient funds, or suspected fraud. It's best to double check your card information and contact your credit card company to find out the specific reason for the decline.

What should I do if my credit card is not processing?

If your credit card is not processing, please double check your card information and make sure there are enough funds to cover the transaction. If everything seems to be correct, please contact your credit card company to ensure there are no issues on their end. If the problem persists, please reach out to our customer service team for further assistance.

How can I update my credit card information?

You can update your credit card information by logging into your account on our website and going to the "Payment Information" section. From there, you can enter your new card information and save the changes. If you encounter any issues, please reach out to our customer service team for assistance.

Is there a limit to the number of times I can try to process my credit card?

There is no specific limit to the number of times you can try to process your credit card. However, if your card continues to be declined, it's best to contact your credit card company or our customer service team for assistance. Repeatedly trying to process a declined card may result in a temporary hold being placed on your account by your credit card company for security purposes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • Symara
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
Symara
  • andrealynne719