• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rant Covered Roaster Still on Backorder?

In summary, the host told the summarizer that the product on back order until the 24th is now on hold until the 10th, and that the sister-in-law might be open to hosting a show. However, the summarizer suggests selling the roaster to the sister-in-law at a reduced rate with no warranty, putting her down as a booking off of the original show, or if not, ordering it as a booking benefit for the sister-in-law's sister.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
I had a show on Feb. 28, using the new catalog. The host was anxious to get her cookware at 60 percent off, and gave her half price items away. One of her guests (her sister in law) wanted the covered roaster. I was unable to even add it to to the order because it was on stop sell until the 10th. The host assured me that we were in no hurry, so I agreed to hold the show open an extra 10 days.Today is the 10th so I checked the product status and found that the item is now on back order until the 24th! I hate to hold it open nearly a month later, only to find the back order time period is extended longer.It seems a bit silly when I have a covered roaster in my cash and carry, having bought it when it was a new product and never finding a reason to take it out of the box! But this would void the guest's warranty, and I would be unable to get it again at this price.What do you all think?

That's a tough one. Only thing I could suggest is maybe see if she (Sister-in-law) would be open to the idea of booking a cooking or catalog show. When the item is available for sure again...and even though they said the 24th, it could be longer given the problem is something completely out of their hands (delays at port)....but she could do a book party or live show, then she'll get the host credit benefits to buy the roaster (and more!). If she wasn't sure about hosting, then book her as a catalog show off of the original host anyway. Then if she changed her mind, the host still gets credit. If she doesn't do a show, then no harm no foul for the original host. (I always rebook my hosts like this...if they want another show in 6 months, they get double host specials. If not..no loss.)But that's the only way I can see how she could get the roaster at a reduced price and still have the warranty in her name. To me, the warranty would be too big of a deal. Or sell her the one you have at a reduced rate but make it very clear there is no warranty on it. (Be sure to open and inspect first!!)

Well we've decided to do something similar. This family has done A LOT for me and I want to go out of my way for them. So here is what we've decided on:At this party, sell her the roaster I have. Then put her as a booking off of the current show, even though she won't have a party. (She and her niece collaborated on my largest party ever, but now she's retired and a full-time caregiver for her mom.) At my very next party that is for a friend, I put her down as the "cohost" who gets no benefits except the half price item, assuming my friend doesn't want it. (She usually doesn't.) If not it will be ordered as the booking benefit for her sister in law.

Sometimes we have to get creative- good for you!

Hi there,I understand your frustration with the backorder on the covered roaster. It can be difficult when a guest has their heart set on a certain product, but unfortunately, these things happen in the world of retail. I would suggest communicating with the host and the guest about the situation and see if they would be open to either waiting for the product to come back in stock or choosing a different item. You can also offer to keep them updated on the status of the backorder and let them know as soon as it becomes available again. As for the cash and carry option, I would recommend explaining to the guest that purchasing it from you would void the warranty and may not be the best option for them in the long run. Ultimately, the decision is up to the guest, but it's important to educate them on the potential consequences. I hope everything works out for you and your customers. Best of luck!

1. What is the current status of the Covered Roaster?

The Covered Roaster is currently on backorder, meaning that it is temporarily out of stock and not available for purchase.

2. When will the Covered Roaster be back in stock?

Unfortunately, we do not have a specific date for when the Covered Roaster will be back in stock. We are working hard to replenish our inventory as soon as possible.

3. Can I still place an order for the Covered Roaster?

Yes, you can still place an order for the Covered Roaster. However, please note that it will not be shipped until it is back in stock.

4. Can I be notified when the Covered Roaster is back in stock?

Yes, you can sign up for our email notifications to be alerted when the Covered Roaster is back in stock. Simply click on the "Notify Me" button on the product page.

5. Is there a similar product I can purchase instead?

Yes, we have several other roasting pans and dishes available that can serve a similar purpose to the Covered Roaster. You can browse our website or contact a Pampered Chef consultant for recommendations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• shelly.nurse
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pampered1224
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
pampered1224