Cookware Comparison

Discussion in 'Products and Tips' started by ChefJeniLobdell, Dec 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Does anyone have a recent cookware comparison they put together with our cookware and other brands? I have a customer thinking about purchasing ours, but is also looking at Calphalon.

Any help would be appreciated.

OMG did you see the smiley face with the chef's hat? TOO CUTE:chef:

2. Kitchen Diva

Kitchen Diva Gold Member

I own some Calphalon, and am seriously disapointed in the quality. It isn't holding up, it is losing its shape (going out of round) and the teflon is peeling off, and I've never used anything but nylon, bamboo or wood utensils with it... My Calphalon griddle is so warped it isn't even funny, and it's never been in the dishwasher, nor have I ever tried to clean it while hot... I don't have a comparison chart, but I'm not happy with it. I also have a friend that owns some pieces and the same thing is happening to hers.

I also have some Stainless All-Clad pieces that I love. They aren't as nice as ours, nor do they heat as well, but the quality is much better...
    HTH

3. Try going to Williams-Sonoma's website. I think they have a chart of their pots & pans and then all you'd need to do is add our info. Hope that helps!

4. Kitchen Diva

Kitchen Diva Gold Member

Ohhh I LOVE Williams Sonoma... My Director forbid me to go there ever again. :) Dare I share that I went there to get some hot chocolate mix and hand made marshmallows?:eek:

5. KellyTheChef

KellyTheChef Gold Member

Here is a TON of stuff on cookware.

It does include a comparison of all three of our lines, sorry...I don't have any information that discusses OTHER brands of cookware.

Attached Files:

6. Hadn't seen that aluminum vs copper document/explanation before. Thanks for sharing it Kelly. :)

7. Thanks for all the help guys!!

8. kdangel518

kdangel518 Gold Member

Wow, awesome resources! I will update them a little with the current products (as these are 1 1/2 years out of date) but they are STILL very valuable! THANKS!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.