• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is My Cookware Compatible with a Flat Top Stove?

In summary, the cookware may be used on a glass or ceramic cooktop, electric coil, gas burner range. The SS also can be used on an induction (magnetic) range.
MomToEli
For those of you with flat top stoves, is all of our cookware compatible? Does the brand of stove matter?

Thanks! I have a host asking ...

Use and Care for both Executive and SS says...
"Cookware may be used on a glass or ceramic cooktop, electric coil, gas burner range."
The SS also can be used on an induction (magnetic) range.
HTH!

Mine works great on a Kenmore ceramic flat top!

And because it won't warp over time it will always stay flat on the flat cooktop. Can't wait to get more cookware.

The executive won't work on the magnetic range. I had a customer who tried it with my pan at a show and was upset that it didn't work. I was sad too. Lost the sale.

chefkugler said:
The executive won't work on the magnetic range. I had a customer who tried it with my pan at a show and was upset that it didn't work. I was sad too. Lost the sale.

What is the magnetic range? I'm really out of touch with appliances these days :eek:

Didn't work how? Like didn't heat up? Arched?

And have you checked if the SS will?

Magnetic, or induction, cooktops are high-end. They use magnets to create heat. The pans used on an induction cooktop must be magnetic. Aluminum is not magnetic, which is why neither the Prof or Exec cookware will work on one.This has been another useless fact from the brain of Ann. :)

What do you read to learn all of your, um, interesting facts?

I really don't know. I watch more TV than is probably good for me. I have several food reference books here that I have read, including one by Alton Brown about equipment you need in your kitchen - that may be where I read about induction cooktops.

You must have a very good memory, Ann. You answer so fast that it doesn't seem you could look things up that fast. Did you get all A's in school?

Yeah. And my college GPA was higher than HS. But I graduated 17th in each class. :)

Well I probably graduated 30 ish in my high school class. There were only 67 ish in my graduating class. I have no idea what number I was in college, but I made the deans list my last two semesters before student teaching. I was pretty happy about that. The certificate went on the frig.

chefann said:
Yeah. And my college GPA was higher than HS. But I graduated 17th in each class. :)

Nerd!

What I do know about my ceramic cooktop is that you cannot use glass cookware on it. I had a saucepan that was Pyrex, I think, that had to go when I got my new stove. The heavier the pots/pan's bottom is the better with a ceramic cooktop.

Ahh, I was actually wondering about this! You learn something new every day. I never knew what an induction stove was... now I do!

1. What type of cookware is best for flat top stoves?

Cookware with a flat and smooth bottom, such as stainless steel, cast iron, or aluminum, works best for flat top stoves. Avoid using cookware with ridges or raised patterns on the bottom, as they can damage the stovetop surface.

2. Can I use glass cookware on a flat top stove?

Yes, you can use glass cookware on a flat top stove. However, be sure to check the manufacturer's instructions to ensure it is safe for use on a smooth surface. Also, avoid dragging the cookware across the stovetop to prevent scratches.

3. Are non-stick pans safe to use on flat top stoves?

Yes, non-stick pans are safe to use on flat top stoves. Just make sure the bottom is flat and smooth to prevent scratching the stovetop. Also, avoid using high heat, as it can damage the non-stick coating.

4. Do I need to use special cookware for induction flat top stoves?

Yes, induction flat top stoves require specific cookware that is magnetic and has a flat bottom. This type of cookware is usually made of stainless steel or cast iron. Regular cookware will not work on induction stoves.

5. How do I clean my flat top stove after cooking?

To clean a flat top stove, allow it to cool down completely before wiping it with a soft cloth or sponge and a mild cleaner specifically designed for glass stovetops. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scrubbers that can scratch the surface. For tougher stains, use a scraper designed for flat top stoves.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• foodygirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • esavvymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
millthayer
  • jasonmva