• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Induction Cooking with All Clad: A Winning Combination?

being obligated to buy something. You could create a prize slip of some sort for them to have with your business cards. The business could say "This is the guy you can get the cookware through, here's his card. If you'd like, we can also pass along your information for a free consultation."
Barry Carlton
I went to a high end kitchen design center and pitched the SS pans for use on induction stove tops. They loved the idea of one brand and one line to recommend since not all lines of All Clad SS will work. I think I have them convinced to buy the 3 quart SSS and demo it with the stove top. If they go this route they will buy a couple more items to qualify as a show.

When I was there we did boil water in the 3 qt. SSS. All the while talking about PC.

Is this a "cooking" show? or a Catalog show?

It really depends on who you talk to, I would consider it a cooking show becasue your demoing the products and their buying something. But some would call it a catalog show.

I would call it a cooking show because you took in a product and demoed it - very good sales tactic by the way. I'd have never thought to focus on that. Anyway.....however, we also sell the idea of the cooking show as you get the extra $15 in free products for providing the ingredients for the demo - which they didn't buy anything. So that would make it a catalog show. It's really going to be up to what you are comfortable with turning in.

I would call it a cooking show--you were there in person demonstrating products.

Barry great idea!! Way to think outside of the box and I hope it generates tons of leads for you!!

I'm the odd one out. They didn't invest in ingredients, so I wouldn't give them the extra $15 in Free Product Value. Plus, I love my Cooking Show average & wouldn't want to bring it down! :p

Sheila said:
I'm the odd one out. They didn't invest in ingredients, so I wouldn't give them the extra $15 in Free Product Value. Plus, I love my Cooking Show average & wouldn't want to bring it down! :p

Actually, I agree. I mean, how much did the boiled water cost? LOL

Sheila said:

LOL! That would be me too!

Awwww.....but....but....but I did boil water.No....she diddarn.

Barry Carlton said:
Awwww.....but....but....but I did boil water.

No....she did

darn.

Unless you can PROVE she spent at least $15 on bottled water... LOL

Sheila said:

That's my thought. Because you can bring a recipe to someone for a Pampered Business thing and call it a cooking show because there was a recipe involved. It didn't have anything to do with demoing products. But maybe you could go back with a recipe in hand when they place their order, instant cooking show!

I tell my consultants if you have to "ask" you already know the answer... :) I'd call it a catalog show too

Teresa, I tell my kids (and myself by the way) the exact same thing!!

I love this idea though. Did you just walk in, or did you call ahead?

Maybe you should put up a separate thread with a bit more detail.

NooraK said:
I love this idea though. Did you just walk in, or did you call ahead?

Maybe you should put up a separate thread with a bit more detail.

I had an advantage as I had done work for them ( a Marmoleum counter top) a few years ago and have kept the relationship going.
So it was an easy and comfortable fit.

I did do a cold call on another store (there are 3 on my list...one left to call on) but they took it in an entirely different direction. Store 2 wants a line of cookware to carry. Can't do that.

Store 1 will demo the cooktop with the SSS and mention the ease of choice of the PC line of SS pans and hand out my cards for the contact. I am working on them to give me the contact info of the buyers. Their comfort level is not there yet....for obvious reasons.

Barry Carlton said:
I am working on them to give me the contact info of the buyers. Their comfort level is not there yet....for obvious reasons.

You could create a prize slip of some sort for them to have with your business cards. The business could say "This is the guy you can get the cookware through, here's his card. If you'd like, we can also pass along your information for a free consultation."

That way, the store isn't passing you information without the customer's consent or knowledge (which is probably their biggest worry), but the customer isn't denied the option to speak with you.

I agree with Noora, have the store point them to a place where they can fill out a contact card to be contacted by you. That way the customer decides if they want you to have their info or not. ;)

this and the 'prize slip' is a great idea!

Update.
Stopped by to pick up their order today.
In the last 4 days the company said they are considering closing this showroom.
This idea/sale is on hold for about 2 months.
She assures me that if she still has a job when the decision is made she wants to buy.On the up side, I have made 2 new contacts that love PC and haven't been to a show in a very long time.

1. How long does a cooking show typically last?

A typical cooking show lasts around 2-3 hours, depending on the number of guests and recipes being demonstrated.

2. Can I bring my own ingredients to the cooking show?

Yes, you are welcome to bring your own ingredients if you have any dietary restrictions or preferences. However, all necessary ingredients for the recipes will be provided by the Pampered Chef consultant.

3. Do I need to purchase products at the cooking show?

There is no obligation to purchase products at the cooking show, but it is a great opportunity to try out and see the products in action. Plus, there are often special deals and discounts available only at the cooking show.

4. Can I host a cooking show at my own home?

Yes, you can host a cooking show at your own home. Simply contact your Pampered Chef consultant to schedule a date and time.

5. Can I invite friends and family to the cooking show?

Yes, the more the merrier! Inviting friends and family to the cooking show is a great way to share the experience and possibly earn free products through our host rewards program.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jcwarr
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
tlennhoff
  • bbauman07
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
lacychef
Replies