• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Club/Host of the Month Club Question

In summary, the better way to do a cooking club is to have everyone pay their money and the host gets to spend their money and also gets the host benefits.
AshleyAllison
I am considering starting a Cooking Club or Host Of The Month Club, whatever you would like to call it, and have a few questions. For those of you who have experience with the Cooking Clubs what, in your opinion, is the better way to do it? I've seen it done two different ways, one where every participant agrees to spend the designated amount of money (somewhere between $15 & $30 is the range that I've seen) and they place their order and the host for that month gets the benefits. The second way I've seen it done is have everyone pay their money for that month but the host gets to spend their money and also gets the host benefits.

I'm not sure if one is better than the other because I have never done this before. Another consultant that I'm very good friends with suggested doing a joint cooking & bunco club and instead of doing a full out show do a quick demo at the beginning of the party, or go ahead & have the food prepared before the guests arrive, then while everyone is eating play bunco, pass the books around, & everyone places their order while playing bunco. I know this would kind of spice things up and make it different but I just don't know what to do.

Any advice from those of you who've been there done that?

I haven't actually done this, although I love the idea. Based on your two options, I would not be inclined, as a potential participant, to go with the pitch in $30 every month until it's my turn. What if someone bails? Plus we come out with new products every 6 months so if you have 10 people, many will not be able to get either the products that have been discontinued when it's their turn, or the new products after their turn.

I have a consultant that does the cooking club. They feature different products every month and the "host of the month" can collect outside orders to increase her sales. Everyone commits to spending a certain amount so the host will have at least a $300 show.

I've been to a Bunco party. It's a fast-paced game and I don't see guests perusing the catalogs while playing the game. They can look through the catalog before/after the game or during a break in the game, but certainly not during.

ChefPeg said:
I've been to a Bunco party. It's a fast-paced game and I don't see guests perusing the catalogs while playing the game. They can look through the catalog before/after the game or during a break in the game, but certainly not during.

That was my thought exactly! I don't know how in the world someone could pay attention to the Bunco game & look through the catalog at the same time. It's a game you have to pay attention to, or at least I do or I feel lost.

Your consultant that does it, what does she feature each month? Is it whatever the Host Special is? Or just whatever she decides?

I have a club called "The Pampered Twelve" - 12 people who commit to $12.50 per month. Each chooses a month to host & they "start' with $150 (at least enough to take advantage of the host special for the month). To stay on the "12" theme - orders are due by the 12th of each month & I offer something each month at 12% off - just something I pick.

I started mine last September. I had 13 people sign with two people agreeing to share a month if someone didn't bail. So far I have had minimally $400 in sales from it despite them only required to purchase $25 a month. There are two people that are/were issues that I would have to track them down. The one I decided to bless and release and the other I had a heart to heart with and she has gotten better. Otherwise they are really going well and the group is already asking me if we are going to continue it the next year. I provide the food as a write off and I like doing it in my house because it is easier for me. The highest show was over $800. Some of the people are friends, and some I met when I advertised on facebook that I was doing it and I have now made new friends from it which I like. The $25 base hasn't been an issue thus far as most spend more.. I also feature a pantry item or two each month for them to taste and I am getting reorders on those... What is great is even if they come to the MDC, if htey are invited to a show elsewhere they go and then they can talk about more products.....

I am doing my second round of a cooking club. What we do is get 8 people to "join" and the club goes for 8 months. We meet the first Tuesday of each month. The "dues" are $20/person/month. That comes to $160. I have a "host" each month and they get $150 in FREE PC products for their month. It is always at my home and I cover the ingredients. The extra $10 goes towards shipping and some of the ingredients. When it is your month to "host" you can also collect outside orders to increase your FREE prodcuts. But this way I am active for at least 8 months a year....we do an entree and a dessert each month and they all love it!

The $150 is then the host of the month her money to spend and shop? So it'snot a big party but it is guaranteed.

Do the other guests put in orders too and then she can get outside orders to boost sales?

I am relatively new to PC and curious about cooking clubs. How do you approach people? Does anyone have a PDF invite for a club they could share?
Also, this is just a thought but I read about the Bunco and it gave me an idea...
What about a Pampered Poker Night? A Texas Hold-em tournament with a minimum $20 purchase buy-in and the winner gets the host benefits? When players fold a hand or get knocked out the tourney, they can flip through the catalog :) All orders would be in by the end and benefits could be given to the winner or split....any thoughts?

Im sorry; I'm new too and confused. if the show is only 150 min. no host gets any free products... or am I missing something? I love the idea and would love to do it...

d

Ido a cooking club and keep it simple. I have done it now for 7 months and I have 8 solid members. I charge $25 or $45/2 if they bring a friend. This includes the food, and a product worth $12-$16 dollars each month. I gave them a notebook to start and each month we do an appetizer, main dish and dessert, hands on around my dining room table. For their notebooks they get the recipes and kitchen tips surrounding those food items: for example last week the theme was herbs so we did Artichoke Bacon Bites (cilantro), Tomato Basil Squares, and Minted Melon salad. They got food and preservation tips on herbs that I found online. They are loving it--friendships are being formed, and learning from each other.

If they don't want the item I am giving them they can trade it in for credit on something else. I usually get enough orders to make a small party, but the main thing is it is soooo fun! Items I have given them in the past: Mix N Chop. QS pitcher, flexible cutting mats, citrus press.

I could make it more complicated but I don't want to. Thinking of starting an additional one. They usually come up with additional uses for the tools that I hadn't thought of and share ideas with each other. It's a ball.

so let me ask you this---no one participates in host benefits?

I think i"m beginning to understand it now. love it! thanks!!!!!

Kitchen Angel said:
The $150 is then the host of the month her money to spend and shop? So it'snot a big party but it is guaranteed.

Do the other guests put in orders too and then she can get outside orders to boost sales?

The $150 is used for the host to shop with and anyone can add to the order and she can collect orders for more free.

DeniseCal said:
Im sorry; I'm new too and confused. if the show is only 150 min. no host gets any free products... or am I missing something? I love the idea and would love to do it...

d

The dues from everyone each month adds up to $160, so I use $150.00 for the "host" to get free product and the $10.00 goes towards shipping and ingredients...

One of the things I don't see addressed is once they get to "host" a party, they become eligible for 10% the rest of the year. If each person were to buy their own $20 item and one by one they start to get 10% off, it won't add up to $150. How are you addressing this? I can see if they each contributed the money for the host only to spend, but I really wouldn't want to belong to a club like that. I would like to get something, even if it's small, each month. Any ideas?

Good question Chef Marla - I'm very interested in trying this so any more info on it would be helpful. Has anyone tried doing it for only 6 months? Much shorter commitment. Also, does $12.50 or $20 a person work best?

Wow these are completely different than cooking clubs I have been considering. I love the poker night thing. lol I do poker at my shows for the recruiting game so that would be fun. I want to get a cooking club going, but can't use my house and am having a hard time putting together the 12 people. I have people interested if I can find a place. I've shifted away from that to focus on FB shows, pampering businesses and other stuff. I'm interested to hear more about the cooking clubs for the future.

So those of you still doing the monthly cooking clubs- how are they going? Are they working out as well as you thought they would? better? Any changes you've made or would recommend?
thanks!

What is the Cooking Club/Host of the Month Club?

The Cooking Club/Host of the Month Club is a program offered by Pampered Chef where members can receive exclusive cooking tips, recipes, and product discounts every month.

How do I become a member of the Cooking Club/Host of the Month Club?

To become a member, simply sign up through our website or through a Pampered Chef consultant. You will receive a welcome kit with all the information you need to get started.

What are the benefits of being a member of the Cooking Club/Host of the Month Club?

As a member, you will have access to monthly cooking tips and recipes, as well as special discounts on Pampered Chef products. You will also have the opportunity to host a party and earn free products as the Host of the Month.

How much does it cost to be a member of the Cooking Club/Host of the Month Club?

The membership fee for the Cooking Club/Host of the Month Club is $9.95 per month. However, this fee is waived if you host a party during the month.

What types of recipes and cooking tips can I expect to receive as a member of the Cooking Club/Host of the Month Club?

The recipes and cooking tips vary each month, but they are all focused on using Pampered Chef products and techniques. You can expect to receive recipes for appetizers, main dishes, desserts, and more, as well as tips for using specific products in unique ways.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
AlowayFamily
  • legacypc46
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
legacypc46
  • sklay723
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies